PDA

View Full Version : Adding sngs won to HUD?

shalesey
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Any way to add the number of sngs my opponents have won or maybe their win rate in sngs or maybe cashs in tournaments?

fozzy71
02-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Not currently, but it will probably be possible after we add the custom hud stats feature in 1.11 or 1.12.

The Minder
02-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Am I the only one who can't see the sense in this?

Although, if it will result in better delineation of SnG/MTT data within HM then I'm all for it.

BlackSaphire
02-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Unless you always make at least 4th place when playing against Villain, HEM has no way of knowing if they cashed... and only if you make 2nd HEM can know Villain made 1st.

Easy solution could be to Shark'em and put in your Notes their Finish Position %...
I can see the utility (lots of 4th/5th places = Villain can't manage the Boubble; lots of 2nd = sucks in HU), but not an easier way to get the info...

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Interesting - I'm a cash player so enlighten me please BlackSaphire

How would you arrange for HM to get the necessary data to display this stat ?

As you say yourself - obviously it's pointless if it only shows a villains %placebustsout stat (or whatever it's called) if it has to rely only on your HH's because it will underreport the villains successes where you have busted out early

Are you saying that you would somehow manually enter in HM the winning positions of villains who finish higher placed than you ?

BlackSaphire
02-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Didn't say that I would do it (only if it could be scripted), only that I can see the point in doing it for SnG.

However, for the best 100 regulars of your stake could be a wise time investment to put it in the Notes... but at the end of the day if you are a reg yourself you should know their push/call ranges very well.

It could be useful for a regular who is a relative new comer of the stake, ence you don't have a lot of hands to estimate the ranges, to take a quick look at the finish positions in Shark to make a quick-assesment of his "boubble's skill".

Personally, every week I review the push/call range of the top 10 regs at my stake/PR and those of two alias I've created with the 11th to 100th and 101st to 200th... less time consuming, very efficent.

The Minder
02-05-2010, 05:40 AM
@ Loki. Sites like pokerstars, Party etc readily provide tourney summaries that provide data for HM to extract finish positions for all entrants. Sites like FTP make it almost impossible to recover such information. I'm just not sure if the effort is worthwhile. For instance, for SnGs, if a villain has a high win rate they prolly won't stay at that buy in level too long and thus move out of your league; or you out of their's. Second, for MTTs the win success rate would be so small that an MTT winner may have only one win, but win like a gozillion dollars. I wouldn't take a villain's MTT win as a sign I should be careful of him/her... there's a huge luck factor involved in an MTT win.

My 2c worth.

a.k.a.Also
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
I think it's unlikely that we ever get enough win rate data logged in our database as we don't usually see enough of the villains (unless you buy hands I suppose).
I tend to look them up at propokerlabs.com, similar to Sharkscope, but free. Once you switch to the SNG tab you can filter to drill down to relevant info for the game you're playing, which I then stick into my HM notes and colour code according to roi%.
I tend to log
#games played, abi, roi%, $won/lost, and sometimes itm%.
Works for me as I don't play that many tables so it stops me getting bored.

Same info as you get with tournament shark which automates the lookup process for you.

The player card ranking system seems a bit random for certain players though, not quite sure how they work it out sometimes:confused:

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 06:19 AM
BlckS: "two alias I've created with the 11th to 100th and 101st to 200th... less time consuming, very efficent" I do something similar in the cash world - very useful

TM: I agree. All those tourney instant superheroes who vanish the following season - never to be heard of again. A bit like one-hit-wonder pop stars. Or Victoria Coren who seems to have a lingering recognition mainly because she's a posh Brit woman slumming it in poker. I can understand online SMALL tourneys & SnG's but why would someone bother travelling the world entering tourneys unless some poker room was paying for travel, hotel, food, booze & a bit extra for walking around money ?

a.k.a A: Is tournament shark one of the 'permitted' programs at PokerStars etc ? Can it be used live while you play ? Is it a HUD type product ?

BlackSaphire
02-05-2010, 06:34 AM
All those tourney instant superheroes who vanish the following season - never to be heard of again.
Thanking God on .it PR they tend to... ahem... share the wealth with the grinders instead of disappearing :D

If Unknown won Sunday.Master
then Table selection to play with him
else Someone else will pillage him

Last "unknown" SundayMaster winner was able to redistribute almost twice the amount won in two weeks... started from -18K (and it took him almost 2 months to get there playing 30€ SnG), got to see the light again after MTT getting to +2K... two weeks later he was at -385...
Ah... those bad bad guys at 100€ HU :rolleyes:

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 06:59 AM
BlackSaphire: Thats the funniest post I've ever seen on here - brilliant

I will remember to avoid .it poker sites - aren't they government owned or something strange over there ?

BlackSaphire
02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Nope, they're just "italians only", but privately owned as everywhere else.

Known problems are:
1. High rake (10%+, 8% avg for HU) due to high taxes on PR's income
2. Limited stakes (100€ is the max... in march should go up to 250€)
3. No cash... but should start in march as well... I think we'll laugh

On the positive side:
1. More fishes than you can find on a carribean island's reef... even though it's hard to define a range that includes "my birthday (83off), my fiancee birthday (T2s) my cards (like 69h...)"
2. Quite good promotion system to balance high rake & absence of "normal" rakeback
3. All you win is out of IRS reach, since you already paid the taxes in the rake :)

The biggest problem of all is that when a .com opens a .it (like PS did for instance) they force all italians playing on the .com to forfeit their accounts and move to the .it... or as some of us will do, to open a new account with the name & data of their portuguese wife :)

a.k.a.Also
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
a.k.a A: Is tournament shark one of the 'permitted' programs at PokerStars etc ? Can it be used live while you play ? Is it a HUD type product ?

Looks like it's on stars white list, which seems odd because Sharkscope Hud is on the blacklist http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Haven't checked FT.

Its not a hud, no room for the HM hud most times!
Its a grid which attaches to the game table.

I guess its days are limited - either by prohibition or rooms changing software/histories to make life difficult.