PDA

View Full Version : multi currency support

busmusen
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
The multi currency support has been asked for and promised for over a year, and since the latest beta versions we keep hearing it will come in next version in 2 weeks etc but nothing happens. Since non dollar tables are so common on many networks(and many like me play the majority of hands at those) it is an unbeliavably bad service to not fix this when the demand by many are so high for such a long time. Really what is the problem?

And I have also recently read in some threads some posters thinking the tone and "inpatience" in this matter is unfair - well I couldnt disagree more. The issue has been pushed forward for so long and so many different posts and the lame promises about yes it will come in next fix or soon has also been posted by hm support countless times. if the users have a request then they have the right to demand its fixed and be upset when nothing happens for such a long time... What is the issue here , is it technically impossible for some reason or why dont you implement it?

busmusen
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Just one example
from october 1.5 !!!! year ago

U could say that for being top 2 of issues worked on at that time -more could be wanted or wouldnt you say?

10-17-2008, 01:17 PM #2
Rvg72
Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by immesan
Hi

With the risk of repeating my self. Are u going to make HEM multi-currency supported or not?? if not PLZ let me know. I dont mind if u wont do it , its the "its coming soon part" thats a bit annoying.
Just tell it like it is instead, so your customers wont get their hopes up thinking its actually "coming soon".

Yes - it is coming. There are a lot of things being worked on right now and Multi Currency and Tourney support are the top 2

Roy

willy_tk
02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
don't think that it's neccessary to post here.
i guess they know how important this feature for many players is and they are working on it.

i'm really looking forward for multicurrency support on ipoker :(

eyedol
02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
+1 busmusen.

It's horrible that support of multi currency still hasnt come. How hard can it be?

busmusen
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
i guess they know how important this feature for many players is and they are working on it.

yeah I am sure they do, thats why they have said 100 times or so for the last 2 years it is on the way or on their most important things to do list as for example from 1,5 years ago

Alexdb
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM

This doesn't look to be the case, because while multicurrency was probably in the spec' "to be delivered next month" when most people purchased the product, we still don't have it but we do have a load of superfluous functionality - table scanners, leak finders, etc, that weren't wanted when we made the decision to buy.

Salamando
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
This doesn't look to be the case, because while multicurrency was probably in the spec' "to be delivered next month" when most people purchased the product, we still don't have it but we do have a load of superfluous functionality - table scanners, leak finders, etc, that weren't wanted when we made the decision to buy.

Absolutely spot on. This has been next-month, next-month for what seems like two years now. It's unbelievably frustrating. It's this sort of 2p2-ish strange bias where everyone is American and plays at FTP or Stars. I have never played either of those sites for any meaningful amount of time, and I wager there's a lot of people like me out there as well.

I really hope I don't have to manually purge and reimport my € games, because it's going to be a long and arduous process of checking session by session for the last few years with PT DBs I've been replicating while using HEM.

I heard rumours of being able to select date ranges to mark as € games. This would be helpful, as would the ability to change certain table names to € or other currency. (For example, Prima € tables mostly have a '2' appended to the name)

Sorry, I know I'm your biggest multi-currency troll - but it's been very frustrating. A frank 'wait twelve months' from you guys twelve months ago would have been nice.

Quoting myself from last year, sorry. It's so blatantly just basic functionality for any poker software today, it's almost like there's some sort of business agreement between the owners of HEM and PT or something.

One time please!

Lexazan
02-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Please, give us multi currency support, we really need it! I used to write a script that converts euro and pound hand history files in something like this “$1.001/2” just to separate dollars from euros and pounds, but it is not working correctly since 1.10+. I was not updating script because I thought multi currency will be implemented soon, but it isn’t. Multi currency feature is probably the most important thing for me.

kingofthebeats
02-05-2010, 06:01 AM
I agree it's disappointing how long it's taking to get multi-currency working. This is obviously a far more important feature than getting the HUD to work with rush poker, as far more people play on £ and € tables than play rush poker, so it should be prioritised above that.

CivSTAR
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I agree it's disappointing how long it's taking to get multi-currency working. This is obviously a far more important feature than getting the HUD to work with rush poker, as far more people play on £ and € tables than play rush poker, so it should be prioritised above that.

qft

and I really can't believe that it is that big of a problem. as a noob I would just say that you need 2 more fields in the Database whicht would be called like "currency" and "shown_currency" or whatever. The currency had the actual currency in it and "shown_currency" is the currency that is shown, like you won 100€ then it would be like 140,00$

please work on it as fast and as hard as possible!

Terminator
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Well I dont think its that easy at all. There are a lot of relations to consider, but never the less, multi currency is an importent feature and it has sounded that it should be finished soon.

So when is soon? It would be nice to have an esimated date that is realistic.
Can we have that date answered here in this thread?

Its better to have a date far away that we can trust if thats the case, rather than have a date thats not relistic in reality.

Zografa
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM

+1 here

i am waiting for this multi currency for so long now that i just cant even remember when was the first time i asked/checked about any info

Kerith
02-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I often come here to check for new patches that finally bring smulti-currency support or some news on a OS X version but all too often I find a new patch with some needed bugfixes and another unnecessary new feature. Obviously I don't know how you work but one could get the impression that you find new stuff to add all the time that does not add much value to the product because it might be easy while avoiding important features like multi-currency and OS X (1261 uservoices atm) that might be harder.

Lexazan
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
qft

and I really can't believe that it is that big of a problem. as a noob I would just say that you need 2 more fields in the Database whicht would be called like "currency" and "shown_currency" or whatever. The currency had the actual currency in it and "shown_currency" is the currency that is shown, like you won 100€ then it would be like 140,00$

please work on it as fast and as hard as possible!

The problem might be with a front-end implementation, just think about all queries they need to redesign and optimize. And the second problem might be with exchange rate, for example how to calculate games played 90 days ago, and if they make a table with a day-to-day exchange rate for every currency and recalculate report for every single day, how fast this will be?

But still, for me just separating dollar, euro and pound games will be enough by now.

Stake Monster
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
the only reason i check for updates is to see if multi-currency is done

un1bomber
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
the only reason i check for updates is to see if multi-currency is done

yep... constantly checking... its just wierd looking at my graphs etc knowing its really not accurate at all since the ups and downs are either in euros GBP or USD

Terminator
02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I have an idea of an easy solution to multicurrency.

1: Everything in HM is in Dollar or in Euro or in Pound......
2: The user has to set the conversion rate self (examlpe in a tab says £=X...€=Y......Currency=C)
3:If Im right the only ting to fix in the databas is a tag for what currency it is (based in the information in the handhistoryfiles) and HM then converts and presents everyting in chosen Currency (based on the conversion rate value the user inserted).

That would work fine for me before implementing all that other fancy multicurrencyfeatures. Whatever that could be....

I know there are some drawbacks. It shold be different tablestakes for different currencys as an example, because the tablestakes obviously are not the same with different currencys..........but are that importent as a first step? No its not. Everyting is in $ now and thats a lot more wrong.....

Do anyone wanting multicurrency agree to this idea?

The Minder
02-06-2010, 01:16 AM
@Terminator. It might be a little more complicated than that. Once you start introducing an 'exchange rate' you also need to consider when a cash out is performed. For instance, let's say I play for a number of weeks (playing at Euro tables) and build up a healthy BR (yeah, dreaming I know, but work with me on this). Hm can keep track of all of those winnings, but when it comes time to me cashing out some lovely in US$ I might be in trouble if the exchange rate has tanked/rocketed.

Sure, I might have won 100 Euros over the past week (and let's say last monday the exchange rate was 1:1) but when I cashed out on friday I only got $75. Both sets of data are correct, but different. I think this might be some of RVG's problem... how much of an 'accounting engine' should be built into HM.

Terminator
02-06-2010, 07:51 AM
@the minder.

True. You are absolutely right. The different currencys lives different lives in many aspects and that was my point. The exchange rate problem is existing today anyway.... There is allso fees including if you live in Euroland when you convert to Euro from Dollar......... and so on....... to concider.....

If the currency is tagged in the database at the beginning the information is there, to make something more of later and nothing else has to be changed. The rest could be taken care of later. Thats my point. That accounting enginge funktions could be left outside of HM at the moment and we would have a much more correct presentation of graphs and so.

Maby you are right and Im cutting to much corners.

dirtylobster
02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
I would be please if HEM could simply recognize that I'm playing on different currency tables and put €/£ tables separate from $ in the reports and stats tabs. That would already be a huge improvement which would enable you to do the necessary currency conversions yourself by hand.

ShLiM
02-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I would be please if HEM could simply recognize that I'm playing on different currency tables and put €/£ tables separate from $ in the reports and stats tabs. That would already be a huge improvement which would enable you to do the necessary currency conversions yourself by hand.

Yeah thats what all reasonable players want, fuck this exchange rate thingy nobody need it, its not that important and hem's not a stock exchange tool

kingofthebeats
02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree. It's just important to separate the results from tables of each currency because otherwise the results from two different stake levels are mixed into together. I play on ladbrokes and this is putting me off playing the new £ tables because I won't be able to keep the results from those tables separate.

Skyw4lker
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Yeah, that would already be a huge improvement ;)

samwY
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
yea its very ridiculous that HEM support doens't care or listen to its users about multi-currency

over a year for one feature is a joke

Alexdb
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Today's email "Big News from Hold'em Manager" showcases all the newly developed apps that can be used with our database, but that prevented the development of the recording of the correct data in our database.

Awesome.

B-Money
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
We do see every single email and forum post you make. Please don't think we don't listen to our customers because we do. It's what got us to where we are today and it's what will drive us moving forward.

Multi-Currency is right around the corner. I know it sounds like a broken record, but trust me, it is our #1 priority and should be done soon. I talked about it today during a pokerroad interview. You can listen to that here: Learn How to Use Poker Analysis Software to Improve Your Play and Increase Your Profits - Cash Plays - PokerRoad.com (http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/cash-plays/posts/learn-how-to-use-poker-analysis-software-to-improve-your-play-and-increase-your-profits)

GL,
-B

Salamando
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
We do see every single email and forum post you make. Please don't think we don't listen to our customers because we do. It's what got us to where we are today and it's what will drive us moving forward.

Multi-Currency is right around the corner. I know it sounds like a broken record, but trust me, it is our #1 priority and should be done soon. I talked about it today during a pokerroad interview. You can listen to that here: Learn How to Use Poker Analysis Software to Improve Your Play and Increase Your Profits - Cash Plays - PokerRoad.com (http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/cash-plays/posts/learn-how-to-use-poker-analysis-software-to-improve-your-play-and-increase-your-profits)

GL,
-B

Please be for real this time.

Regards,
Long time fan of your beta releases, long time hater of whomever runs your dev priority meetings.

king_nothing_
02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I completely agree with the OP. It should not take this long to add something as sorely needed as multicurrency support to a $90 piece of software.

I feel sorry for the people who've been waiting for it for over a year. I've only ever played on PokerStars, so I've only needed multicurrency support for last couple months (they just added Euro tables not too long ago). It's a good thing for you guys that PS added Euro tables, even if you don't play there -- it's most likely the primary reason why HEM is hurrying to add support all of the sudden. If it weren't for PS adding those tables you'd probably end up waiting another year or more.

willy_tk
02-10-2010, 04:16 AM
It's a good thing for you guys that PS added Euro tables, even if you don't play there -- it's most likely the primary reason why HEM is hurrying to add support all of the sudden. If it weren't for PS adding those tables you'd probably end up waiting another year or more.

this is sooo true.
suddenly there is an update for ftp with rush poker and only a few days later there are several updates for RUSH support. i mean wtf!?
who cares about a HUD in rush poker? it's fun. just go ahead and play without a hud...

but now with stars launching € tables they have to support even non-us softwares like ipoker etc. :P

Terminator
02-10-2010, 06:35 AM
In this thread HM is saying "its right around the corner". Ok. If it is.... it cant be hard to give us a date that we can trust when multi currency will be ready.

If we cant have a date then you cant know its "right around the corner" either. So give us a date or dont say things that its right around the corner making us believe its coming soon.

Soon is relative but for me it means a couple of weeks......

strk
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
If i ever get unstuck this month and consequently have some free time, i'm considering writing a quick and dirty python script and may release it if there is interest.

Basically the idea would be to hard code currency conversion rates (if you don't there are a whole bunch of problems that can come up--this is probably why official support is taking so long). You would change your poker site software to write hand histories to a temporary folder, the script would see that a file has been written/updated, it would run conversion into US$ and write the file to the folder HEM is scanning for.

Some issues i foresee off the top of my head:
-assuming it works (which it should), would add some strange levels to the HEM filters
-changing exchange rates is a _really_ icky problem
-mostly because of rake, expect rounding errors to be slightly magnified
-if/when HEM officially supports multiple currencies, it could be a headache to get old hand histories to play well with newly imported ones
-to avoid excess cpu usage, it will probably check for hand history updates once every couple of seconds, and so there will be a small extra delay in hud stat updates
-because of hard-coded exchange rates, there _will_ be small discrepancies between what the pokersite says your balance is and what HEM says your balance is, which leads to:
-i don't know how well tracking software has held up under scrutiny for anyone being audited by tax authorities, and don't know how using this might impact that (though the probability of additional problems from having used a non-official script is vanishingly small, the potential downside might be huge)

i anticipate releasing it under a BSD license... any interest?

DIB79
02-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Noooo, there is no need at all to convert £ and € to $!!
Why would an Englisman, a Dutch, an Italian or a Norwegian want that?
I just want to have the results separated. If I play in £ it should show £ in my results.
Sick and tired of waiting for years for this.

strk
02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Noooo, there is no need at all to convert £ and € to $!!
Why would an Englisman, a Dutch, an Italian or a Norwegian want that?
I just want to have the results separated. If I play in £ it should show £ in my results.
Sick and tired of waiting for years for this.

if you only play in one currency, it is a non-issue... just pretend that $ is "¤". It sounds like what you want is just different databases. This is significantly different to why most people want and need multicurrency.

I agree that if and when HEM supports multicurrency, it will be a much better solution, and you will probably be able to separate it out as you specify, however for the time being, if i win a $1000 pot at FT, and lose a €900 pot at iPoker, HEM will show me up for the session when i am in fact down, which is the reason behind my proposed temporary workaround.

DIB79
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I play in £, $ and €.
All I want is separate results for different currencies.

fozzy71
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
The beta for multi-currency is being released on Fri. Feb 19th. This is a firm date.

Greco
02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Amen!

dirtylobster
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
zomg

The Minder
02-10-2010, 08:19 PM
The beta for multi-currency is being released on Fri. Feb 19th. This is a firm date.
Fozzy, to be honest it doesn't matter if the release happens on this date or not. However, it is the first that I can recall someone from HM actually giving a definitive date and for that RVG deserves some kudos.

HM customers are not idiots (they may be whiny, pushy, self-centered twerps at times) and recognize statements such as "real soon now" and "our number 1 priority" as indicative of HM not having a strategic plan or a planning cycle. As customers, we realize that sometimes things go off the rails and that delays happen and deadlines/schedules not met; we can live with that.

kingofthebeats
02-10-2010, 09:08 PM
The beta for multi-currency is being released on Fri. Feb 19th. This is a firm date.Thanks for this! Great news.

Terminator
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
@Fozzy71 Thanks. Its really good to have a date.

@ The Minder. I agree of cause things can go out of track in developmentprojects ant of cause we understand that. A date is always an estimate and someting can allways happens on the road.

@strk Maby I was a little bit on the same track as you earlier in this thread.
1: Make sure currencyinformation is in the database for later adjustments and
2: Basically make the conversion before Hm- program does anything else. If you do that my guess is that hardly nothing has to be changed in HM program itself.

Well it was only an suggesting for an quick and dirty solution, waiting for all that other fancy multicurrency functions, if those functions was many weeks away.

Irisheyes
02-11-2010, 05:29 AM
omgomgomg

djben2005
02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
What about all the hands from € Tables that I already imported in HEM and which were recognized as $ hands? Will there be any way to convert these to € hands afterwards without creating a new database and reimporting them? I guess no, but I ask just to be sure.

dirtylobster
02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
From what I understand, underlying support in the database has been there since HEM 10 beta 7. So all the hands played after that (sometime in January) should be properly recognized.

djben2005
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Sounds good

Xerxes
02-11-2010, 06:55 PM

Enfin !

(finally !)

The Minder
02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Ruh roh. I just noticed Pokerstars now has Canadian Dollars games; or am I just slow off the mark?

Rvg72
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
From what I understand, underlying support in the database has been there since HEM 10 beta 7. So all the hands played after that (sometime in January) should be properly recognized.

We're going to provide a way for people to retag their hands as Euro / GBP in an automated way but currently all hands are still being marked as USD until this new beta is released.

We can add support for CDN$ as well or any other currency as long as it is in the hand history

Roy

djben2005
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
We're going to provide a way for people to retag their hands as Euro / GBP in an automated way but currently all hands are still being marked as USD until this new beta is released.

Roy

Awesome!

Caruso
02-14-2010, 09:53 AM

That was what I was hoping for. You guys are awesome!

un1bomber
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Scully
02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
What will the multi currency support actually mean? Will it simply show results by level by currency, or will there be any actual currency translation into a base currency?

Rvg72
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
What will the multi currency support actually mean? Will it simply show results by level by currency, or will there be any actual currency translation into a base currency?

We have currency translation. You can show stats / graphs in USD/EUR or GBP (more can be added) and it will convert results to the appropriate currency based on rates and currency of the hand.

Roy

icemonkey9
02-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Very excited for this patch, thanks for working on it. Very happy to hear that it will allow me to go back and retag hands. I think this might boost my results pretty handsomely!

Hoopie1
02-17-2010, 06:42 AM

Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Greco
02-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Tomorrow.....!

fozzy71
02-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Sneak Peek:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/support/hm-multicurrency1a.png
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/support/hm-multicurrency1b.png

Greco
02-18-2010, 11:19 AM
That looks great Fozzy, thanks!

Will we have a FAQ about how to tag old hands? Will HEM do it automatically for us or is it a manual fix?

Cheers

morny
02-18-2010, 11:48 AM
We should have an option to update old hands without having to purge and reimport them

Greco
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
That sounds sweet. Thanks guys, been looking forward to this.

DIB79
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
That looks perfect! Good job, guys!

willy_tk
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Sneak Peek:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/support/hm-multicurrency1a.png

hmm... in the report window the currencies are divided by stake. that's fine so far. but why it says "€ 1/2 NL" and the winnings field shows $?

is it directly changed in $?

... well regarding the bb/100 amount it's € still....

Rvg72
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
The "$" stat probably won't be used by people who play more than one currency since it isn't really $USD. Instead you will use one of the new currency stats which will automatically convert into the selected currency based on the currency of the game you played:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/multicurrencystats.png

Roy

enty
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
am i the only one who thought "thinly veiled brag" when seeing that graph ? :)

un1bomber
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
omg that looks amazing... but what if the rates are different every time we sit at the tables?

Zografa
02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
i just wet myself

Daniel1941
02-18-2010, 06:58 PM
lol I never before really waited and checked forums every few hours for update ;)

This will really be one of the best things for me ... as I play on eur usd and pound tables =)

can't wait

The Minder
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
This looks good. I really hope you multi-currency folks will be happy with the result. :)

Rvg72
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
am i the only one who thought "thinly veiled brag" when seeing that graph ? :)

The player in the example isn't me ;)

Rvg72
02-18-2010, 08:20 PM
omg that looks amazing... but what if the rates are different every time we sit at the tables?

It uses current rates (or at least whatever you have set for the exchange rates) for everything - we may extend that in the future to have historical rates but it would make things run a lot slower.

This is being released tomorrow - probably about 24 hours from now (so 4pm my time tomorrow). Just wanted to mention that so people don't constantly auto refresh waiting for a build.

One other thing to mention, we have finished implementing the auto fixing of previously imported hands. So, when you get this new build you can run the auto fix and it will go back and correct hands that previously imported incorrectly as $USD. Depending on your pc it will run through and fix about 10-20K hands/minute so if you have a big DB you probably want to do this at the end of your session.

Roy

Stake Monster
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
thanks, this should be a very welcomed addition :)

nicoco
02-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if HEM automatically "aks" the exchange rate to a website like XE - Universal Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/ucc/) ?

Alexdb
02-19-2010, 05:21 AM

Greco
02-19-2010, 07:03 AM
The "$" stat probably won't be used by people who play more than one currency since it isn't really $USD. Instead you will use one of the new currency stats which will automatically convert into the selected currency based on the currency of the game you played:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/multicurrencystats.png

Roy

Roy,

Am I right in thinking that all the results are collated into one currency? So even though we play 3 stakes, we can choose to have the graph in £s and it will take into account the $ and Euro results too?

GiMac
02-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if HEM automatically "aks" the exchange rate to a website like XE - Universal Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/ucc/) ?

Why? Would you like it to wipe your derrier too? ;)

GrindUnumb
02-19-2010, 08:48 AM
We should have an option to update old hands without having to purge and reimport them

That is great to hear, and makes it worth the wait.

Deco
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM

**Creams Pants**

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 11:52 AM

It does - we have a "Get Exchange Rate" button in the currency form

Roy,

Am I right in thinking that all the results are collated into one currency? So even though we play 3 stakes, we can choose to have the graph in £s and it will take into account the $ and Euro results too?

That is correct, you will have merged stats using whatever currency (or currencies) you want

Roy

ImSoCute
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
wwowowowowowowow! this looks insane! can't wait to download new beta. GOOOOOD WORK!!!!!!

tokyoplayer
02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
[Deleted. HEM must not use xe.com.]

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
"tokyoplayer", obviously you don't use Holdem Manager and you post here and on other forums being a shill for Poker Tracker. The forums are for Holdem Manager users and trolling isn't permitted.

To answer your questions / comments

1) we do not break the TOS of xe.com
2) every time the US does something stupid everyone's money fluctuates - that is the way currency markets work - but it is simple to create a custom stat that only shows Euro winnings for Euro Hands, USD winnings for USD hands etc although that defeats the purpose of being able to see an overall snapshot of winnings.
3) your winrate does not change when currencies change - I'll let you figure out why yourself.
4) a custom stat could be created for any currency

We were late in offering Multi Currency but finally players have a real multi currency solution. Showing multiple currencies and then combining them into one non-adjusted total is not something we would be happy with giving people.

Roy

tokyoplayer
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Showing multiple currencies and then combining them into one non-adjusted total is not something we would be happy with giving people.

I agree 100%.

Also, I have used Holdem Manager as recently as last week.

Dalle
02-19-2010, 01:49 PM
At what time can we expect the patch to be released? I'm sitting here pushing F5 over and over :)

Clean
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
At what time can we expect the patch to be released? I'm sitting here pushing F5 over and over :)

This is being released tomorrow - probably about 24 hours from now (so 4pm my time tomorrow). Just wanted to mention that so people don't constantly auto refresh waiting for a build.

^^^

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 02:32 PM

We're still working on a couple of fairly minor things but 4pm my time (so about 6 hours) is still the target.

Roy

asmartone
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Better make it later, but better, than quicker, but with bugs. We can wait.

ImSoCute
02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm gonna wait coz I need to update my db to work with multicurrency ;] so I believe that you will relase it in 2 hrs right?

GiMac
02-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Another hour or so...

DollarsNEuros
02-19-2010, 08:24 PM
bump

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 08:36 PM
another hour or so...

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 ............ :d

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
We're just doing final testing. One issue was caught before releasing where it would not recognize Boss Euro and GBP hands so that was fixed and we're running it through testing again. It shouldn't be much longer

Roy

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Sounds good! It's almost 4 am here but I'm not going to bed until the update is ready! :D

Daniel1941
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Sounds good! It's almost 4 am here but I'm not going to bed until the update is ready! :D

Yeah same here ;)

fozzy71
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* Added a currency exchange rate form under options where you can set exchange rates
* Added a "Get Current Rates" button that will automatically download and set the currency rates to current rates
* Added new currency stats for USD, EUR and GBP winnings with each stat recording properly based on the currency of each hand
* Added multi currency support for Stars (Euro), Prima (Euro + GBP), Entraction (Euro), Boss (Euro + GBP) and ipoker (Euro + GBP) cash games
* Added an automatic currency fix in the Currency Settings form that will check your entire DB and correct any currencies that were imported incorrectly
* Added ability to choose currency to draw graph in on graphs tab
* Updated session tab to automatically convert all stats to $USD
* Updated player vs player tab to automatically convert all stats to $USD
* Added the ability to choose a target directory when exporting hands using DBControlPanel
* Added an option in HUD Filters that allows player to choose if Rush stats should be mixed with other stats in the hud. If you check this then your rush and non rush tables will include stats from rush and non-rush. Uncheck it and only rush stats will appear when playing rush games
* Rush tables are updated from a server based file so when new tables are added by FTP, Holdem Manager will quickly identify that they are Rush tables.
* Fixed problem where tournament hands are not deleted by purge
* Fixed problem with Use for All filter menu
* Fixed problem with incorrect blind levels for FTP Rush Limit hands
* Fixed problem where FTP tournament rebuys were not properly imported
* Fixed problem where Cake Turbo and Super Turbo SNGs display as normal tournaments
* Fixed problem where Poker Stars rebuys are not imported from summaries
* Fixed problem with mixed up Miscellaneous Options menu items
* Fixed problem importing PT3 exported iPoker hands
* Fixed problem where Hand Range tool fails to load when player as 22
* Fixed crash when Hand Timestamp is removed from selected hand view columns
* Hold'em Vision: Added support for up to 10 player profile categories
* Hold'em Vision: Fixed errors when opening post flop combos and card selection windows

ShLiM
02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
1st

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Omg omg !!

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 10:14 PM
One thing to mention, multi currency tourney support is going to be delayed a few more days since there were a couple of issues still needing to be worked out.

If you have any cash games from any sites that should be importing in non-USD and are still importing in USD after this version then please send to support@holdemmanager.net and we'll fix ASAP.

Thanks,
Roy

bw07507
02-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Any way to get older sessions that were played before the update to register as Euro w/o purging and reimporting?

Edit:
Never mind, found it.

If anyone else is wondering, its under Options > Currency Settings > Fix Currencies

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Any way to get older sessions that were played before the update to register as Euro w/o purging and reimporting?

Go to Options - Currency Settings and then click on the second tab and you will see the "Fix Hands" button. It will run through your entire DB although please note it might take a while so if you have a million+ hand DB you probably want to wait until after your poker session

Roy

fnuno
02-19-2010, 10:46 PM
It looks like its frozen, not updating the processed hands; should i wait anyway or kill the application and start again?

update: i killed it and everything was converted; i tried to convert again and he quickly processed every hand without converting, this time he allowed me to close the window.

oh and thanks :)

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
I thought it had frozen but the dialog saying the conversion was completed didn't pop up, I had to bring it in front with Alt-Tab!

197246 hands scanned / 31024 converted although almost everything is played in euros. Oh, just realized the database support wasn't implemented before january! Works great then!

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, it works fine but how can I change the Reports and Session tab to show Euros instead of USD?

edit: Figured out the Reports tab, just add/remove stats as usual. :)

I guess the Session tab still isn't customizable?

Irisheyes
02-19-2010, 11:00 PM
I have at least 50k hands played since the database update on boss (99% of them on € and £ tables) but when I press fix currencies it says 6846 hands processed (0 fixed). All the hands I played today on euro tables are still registered as $ hands.

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 11:02 PM
And the rake stat is only USD as far as I can tell.

Not complaining, just suggesting! :D This is awesome!

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Hmm it seems at it is intentional to have the Session tab in USD as well as Player vs. Player. Wouldn't it be better to have an option to choose? I live in Finland so I would naturally want everything in EUR.

Irisheyes
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I have at least 50k hands played since the database update on boss (99% of them on € and £ tables) but when I press fix currencies it says 6846 hands processed (0 fixed). All the hands I played today on euro tables are still registered as $ hands.

Just played a few hands and they import as €. Can't make my old HH's change though?

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmm it seems at it is intentional to have the Session tab in USD as well as Player vs. Player. Wouldn't it be better to have an option to choose? I live in Finland so I would naturally want everything in EUR.

Yes we will give the option to choose your currency in the next update

And the rake stat is only USD as far as I can tell.

This should be converted as well but I will check

It is possible that the hand fixer does not fix previously imported Boss hands. I'm pretty sure that is the problem and will get this fixed in the next update. Like you said in a later post, all new hands will work.

I thought it had frozen but the dialog saying the conversion was completed didn't pop up, I had to bring it in front with Alt-Tab!

ok thanks for this, we'll fix this as well

Roy

Irisheyes
02-19-2010, 11:18 PM
OK no problem.

I've kept all my raw hand histories since I started playing on Boss a year ago so if I start a fresh database and import all my old HH's into it should everything be ok?

dirtylobster
02-19-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm doing that right now. :)

Irisheyes
02-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Haha let me know how you get on! We're like little kids at christmas here.

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Actually I think I found the problem - working on it now and should be a quick fix. The hand fixer does not check Boss and Entraction hands right now since these were the last two that were added today.

Stay tuned - will be an update shortly

Roy

Irisheyes
02-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Sweet! That would make a lot of sense actually since I'd guess the amount of hands I've played on sites that are not Boss Media totals about 6846.

I'll hold off on the new DB for a little bit.

Rvg72
02-19-2010, 11:35 PM
1.10.03a

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* After the currency hand fix is run there is a messagebox that would sometimes jump behind HM. This has been removed and instead we update on the form indicating it was completed
* Boss and Entraction hands were not being found by the Currency Hand Fix process. This has been fixed.

Roy

Irisheyes
02-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah looks like it's working now. ty Roy!

-iDonk-
02-20-2010, 01:50 AM
i fixed my hands with the currency fix and have one problem: the amount won/lost under the $ tab shows the same amount that the EUR stat shows me. the $ lost/won is the one thats wrong here because all the hands were played in EUR. any ideas on how to fix this?

edit: nvm, im a n idiot. greastest update ever! thx!

Daniel1941
02-20-2010, 01:59 AM
It is working great anyway I have a question... did this also update rake ? It looks like it did but I am not 100%.

TruboLAG
02-20-2010, 03:46 AM
I've only played Euro games on Unibet/Microgaming. Seems that the currency conversion didn't update hands to Euro that were on or befor Nov. 16 2009.

Anyway to explain this? HH don't have that info for some reason? is it possible to manually mark hands to have been played as Euro?

The Minder
02-20-2010, 03:47 AM
bunch of happy campers itt methinks

Terminator
02-20-2010, 04:44 AM
What can I say.... Chritmas came early this year :-)

Thanks!!!!

ImSoCute
02-20-2010, 05:14 AM
what if my DB is 15M+ but only around 2M hands were played in EUR? it will go through all hands or just EUR hands and fix it? need a quick answer because it would take muuuuuch longer if that is going through 15M HHs.

Bumhunter
02-20-2010, 05:19 AM
I've only played Euro games on Unibet/Microgaming. Seems that the currency conversion didn't update hands to Euro that were on or befor Nov. 16 2009.

Anyway to explain this? HH don't have that info for some reason? is it possible to manually mark hands to have been played as Euro?

Same problem here. 80 % of my hands are still marked as $ after currency fix.

Stake Monster
02-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Same problem here. 80 % of my hands are still marked as $ after currency fix.

Seems like it here too for Ladbrokes hands. It only found 14k hands of non-USD ones and I am fairly certain that i've played a lot more than that.

edit: I checked and just last month there are 1287 hands of 300nl that are in euros but still show in USD. It converted 2532 of the other hands properly but not these ones.

willy_tk
02-20-2010, 05:23 AM
what if my DB is 15M+ but only around 2M hands were played in EUR? it will go through all hands or just EUR hands and fix it? need a quick answer because it would take muuuuuch longer if that is going through 15M HHs.

wtf!? u should purge your mined HHs ^^
guess u didn't play those 15million hands on your own :cool:

ImSoCute
02-20-2010, 05:26 AM
what doeas it mean to purge those hands :)?

I played only 1M+ by myself of course

HEX77
02-20-2010, 05:27 AM

As I see it's go through all hands but it is very fast on USD hands and slow on other currencies.

nifre
02-20-2010, 06:16 AM
After fixed all my hands, the amount shown in "Winnings Summary" and the amount in "Graph in winnings" is not the same. I don't understand why. I refresh but nothing changes. Help me.

GiMac
02-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Many thanks for this update!!!!

Small issue, whilst the rake figure has been converted on the session page when i set time period to "This Month", on the reports page it is still showing pre currency conversion figure????

Edit: In fact there appears to be different figures being reported on the "Reports Page" than the summary page!!?! I play on ipoker btw.

teecee90
02-20-2010, 07:10 AM
I knew it ....... I only suck on $USD tables :D

Can I just clarify - when I update the currency conversion rates all games played from that point will be converted at the new rate? In which case it would make sense to update the conversions rates before each session to get the correct rates each time and it wont update the historical hands? That way we will have the correct historic data from this point onwards?

Am I making sense?

jerseys
02-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Does the 1.03a version of this also include rush poker support?

Greco
02-20-2010, 07:35 AM
yeah,not picking up my old ladbrokes hands but that's fine. As long as it works from now on I'm happy

zzz
02-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi, I've been using HHConverter on Boss, so all my hand histories are marked as $ and I cannot convert them back to € using HM's Fix, so I opened pgAdmin and manually changed gametype table: gametypedescription $ to € and currency_id from 1 to 2 and it seems to work fine now. Do I need to change some other table or that's enough?
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4294/asdeqs.jpg

Hand histories are still in $ though. I know I can use update with replace(handhistory, "$", "€") in handhistories table. The problem is that Boss allows having "$" in screenames, so actually I can't do this this way. So I probably need some regexp query to exclude player's screename? Is there any other way to do this? I mean it's ok even now, I don't really care having HHs in $, but on the other hand it would be nice to convert them as well.

ImSoCute
02-20-2010, 09:49 AM
is there a way to display sessions in EUR? I fixed all hands but in sessions tab there is still a $ value :/

damn, now it's all wrong - winnings in $ and rake in $ but tables are in EUR - it doesn't make easier as I need to know how much rake I did every day ect. is there any way to fix it or display whole stats in EUR in SESSIONS tab?

avocado26
02-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Just downloaded the currency fix, is it only converting the winnings?

Cant I see how I did on usd tables, euro tables and pound tables respectevely?

Am i missing something here?

netsrak
02-20-2010, 12:05 PM
You need to add the new $, EUR and GBP stats to your reports.

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 12:17 PM

If you look at these hands in the hand view. right click one of them and choose Copy Selected Hand to Clipboard. Then save into a notepad text file and email to support@holdemmanager.net

It does need to go through all hands although it will only attempt to go through hands from one of the sites that have multi currency support. So if you have 10 million FTP hands it will skip those. Also, the 13 million USD hands will go through really quickly since it does not need to update the DB, it just reads them and skips.

After fixed all my hands, the amount shown in "Winnings Summary" and the amount in "Graph in winnings" is not the same. I don't understand why. I refresh but nothing changes. Help me.

Please send the two screen shots to support@holdemmanager.net

Small issue, whilst the rake figure has been converted on the session page when i set time period to "This Month", on the reports page it is still showing pre currency conversion figure????

Edit: In fact there appears to be different figures being reported on the "Reports Page" than the summary page!!?! I play on ipoker btw.

ok thanks, will check

Can I just clarify - when I update the currency conversion rates all games played from that point will be converted at the new rate? In which case it would make sense to update the conversions rates before each session to get the correct rates each time and it wont update the historical hands? That way we will have the correct historic data from this point onwards?

No, it applies the current rate to all hands - it doesn't actually change the amounts in those hands, it just sets the currency id.

Does the 1.03a version of this also include rush poker support?

We have supported Rush poker for a while. The next update will have some improvements

Hi, I've been using HHConverter on Boss, so all my hand histories are marked as $ and I cannot convert them back to € using HM's Fix, so I opened pgAdmin and manually changed gametype table: gametypedescription $ to € and currency_id from 1 to 2 and it seems to work fine now. Do I need to change some other table or that's enough?

Yeah, you should be good now

is there a way to display sessions in EUR? I fixed all hands but in sessions tab there is still a $ value :/

We'll be changing this to allow you to choose the currency to display, much like the graphs panel

Roy

Greco
02-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Will there be a way to have the $ stat to display in £ in the stakes section?

At the moment it shows amount won with all three combined and is pretty meaningless, can I do this now or with a custom stat?

Thanks Roy

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Will there be a way to have the $ stat to display in £ in the stakes section?

At the moment it shows amount won with all three combined and is pretty meaningless, can I do this now or with a custom stat?

Thanks Roy

If you play more than one currency then don't use the "$" stat. Use the new stat £GBP, $USD or the Euro stat

Greco
02-20-2010, 01:18 PM
cheers, found them now. Good job guys!

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Here is the current change list based on feedback for the next update regarding multi currency:

* tourney support
* a "Group by Currency" session report that will show results in the original currency
* option to use USD, EUR or GBP in the session report and player vs player report
* the "$" stat in reports will show the currency symbol of the currency if the rows are grouped by stakes

Roy

GiMac
02-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Many thanks for this update!!!!

Please send the two screen shots to support@holdemmanager.net

ok thanks, will check

Roy

Ok removed $ stat and replaced with $USD, €EUR and £GBP stats and this has corrected the problem, many thanks.

GiMac
02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok removed $ stat and replaced with $USD, €EUR and £GBP stats and this has corrected the problem, many thanks.

Actually although its fixed the winnnings & graph figures it has not fixed the rake figure, i'll send screen shots.

Hilips
02-20-2010, 03:54 PM
In the graphs tab the default currency is always USD, it would be great if HM remember the last used currency.

ImSoCute
02-20-2010, 04:02 PM
You need to add the new $, EUR and GBP stats to your reports.

I don't need it coz I already have it - all I need is EUR stats at SESSIONS not on REPORTS. is that possible to do?

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't need it coz I already have it - all I need is EUR stats at SESSIONS not on REPORTS. is that possible to do?

Next update we'll have some new multi currency session options including choosing the currency you want

asmartone
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, the last touch would be great to have "main currency" update. Plus, I didn't see EV for EUR/GBP, only $EV.

ImSoCute
02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Next update we'll have some new multi currency session options including choosing the currency you want

cool, great news - it will be so sick to have all stats that I need to use with my HEM :)

any time soon the next update?

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 07:02 PM
It will be next week, will try to get this out by Wednesday if possible but definitely by Friday.

Roy

Smart Money
02-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't read through all of this thread, so this may have been mentioned already:

Just a played a quick (8 hand session) at an Euro table to see how HM handles it. The graph is correct; showing winnings of €123 ($176) but the report tab incorrectly shows winnings of $123.

This may explain the problem below:

Rvg72
02-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Don't use the "$" stat - this is no longer a USD$ stat, instead it is the amount won in whatever currency you are playing in.

Go into the stat adder and choose the Euro stat and it will show the correct amounts in Euro's.

Roy

Smart Money
02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't use the "$" stat - this is no longer a USD$ stat, instead it is the amount won in whatever currency you are playing in.

Go into the stat adder and choose the Euro stat and it will show the correct amounts in Euro's.

Roy

OK, I see. Cheers.

Presumably you'll be adding Adjusted EV Stats for each currency?

Zografa
02-20-2010, 08:43 PM
hi, i just used fix currency option on my database but there are still hands that ar enot fixed, i play on Unibet(Microgaming) and all my hands are in EURO.

Hands from 1.Dezember 2009 are all fixed, but hands before this date are mostly unfixed.

morny
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi can you zip up the ORIGINAL hh that didnt update correctly and send them to support@holdemmanager.net with details of this issue please

JorgeNevada
02-21-2010, 07:12 AM
In the reports tab it is sorting results by stake and currency now. I'd like to have all the NL50/NL100 hands in one tab and not separated by the three currencies.

Is this possible?

blackhand
02-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Am I rigt that I only have ONE 'worldwide' currency Exchange rate? So it won't reflect winnings I made when the exchange rate difers from the one we have today?

For Example, Today I win 100€, what means $144. If I update the rates next week, when $ and € are converting 1:1, there 'ro only $100 shown as winnings?

Kind regards

Schorscheee
02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
yes you are right. Hope that it gets fixed ;) would be nice

i have a few problems:
--> ladbrokes hands didnt get fixed (i played only € tables). Even lots of hands from january are still shown as $ hands
--> Could you perhaps integrate a manual tagging function so that i can convert them manually?
--> Bonuses are wrong: when i change the graph from $ to € bonuses still shown in $

Rvg72
02-21-2010, 12:42 PM
We'll come up with something - I actually have a nice solution in mind.

The thing with currency is that the rate when the hand was played usually has little to do with the real rate that you get when you withdraw the money from the account and into your currency. For example, if the rate is 1.47 and you cash out you will probably get 1.44 by the time the banks take their exchange fees and that is if you cash out right away. If you wait a month then your 1470 USD winnings actually could be say 1300 USD by the time you get it out (fees + drop in Euro for example) so registering it as 1.47 isn't accurate either.

But like I said, I do have something in mind to reconcile this that won't affect performance and actually gives you more realistic historical data

Roy

Rvg72
02-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Regarding Prima hands - please find a hand that has not been changed and select it in HM. Then right click and choose "Copy Selected Hand to Clipboard" and then paste that into a new notepad file. Send this file to support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks,
Roy

Schorscheee
02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
very good idea!

furthermore i just noticed that the ongame exchange rate is based on middling the exchange rate of the month before. So the rate could swing between 1,35 and 1,45 but the ongame rate is constantly at 1,39 for the month.

The option to tag the exchange rate on my own for ongame could be implemented. Its a problem because adapting the ongame rate will affect the corectness of the other rooms rates.

Do you think it is possible to resolve this problem?

Rvg72
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes, the new piece I have in mind will allow you to properly deal with these ongame currency rates per month without any issues

spiff21
02-21-2010, 02:51 PM
When will other currencies be added? For example: on "Svenska Spel" the currency is Swedish krona.

Can't you make the software automagically accept new currencies as they are discovered?

Rvg72
02-21-2010, 03:03 PM
When will other currencies be added? For example: on "Svenska Spel" the currency is Swedish krona.

Can't you make the software automagically accept new currencies as they are discovered?

It's usually not that easy. If you have hands from a site that are not USD and do not work then zip them up and send to support@holdemmanager.net

navi
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I have an Alias with 21 players attached to it. Under this Alias I have played 140547 hands but when I choose "Fix Hands" it only processes 87116. Is there a reason why some hands are not being processed?

dirtylobster
02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
If the hands are played on a USD-only site they aren't processed afaik.

Trias
02-22-2010, 08:12 AM
[Edit] nvm

johnnycakes
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
The thing with currency is that the rate when the hand was played usually has little to do with the real rate that you get when you withdraw the money from the account and into your currency. For example, if the rate is 1.47 and you cash out you will probably get 1.44 by the time the banks take their exchange fees and that is if you cash out right away. If you wait a month then your 1470 USD winnings actually could be say 1300 USD by the time you get it out (fees + drop in Euro for example) so registering it as 1.47 isn't accurate either.

But like I said, I do have something in mind to reconcile this that won't affect performance and actually gives you more realistic historical data

Roy

This argument doesn't apply on Stars (for me). You can keep balances in other currencies, but you don't have to. I only have a USD balance. When I sit down my buy-in is converted. When I get up, it's converted back to USD. So, in this situation, it does make sense to maintain historical conversions.

Thanks for your work.

cokedrinker
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
cool update, any chance of having the rake stat compensated for the various currencies?

halko80
02-23-2010, 05:48 AM
I would like to change the default currency to €uros, because I have to pay my living in euros. If it is possible, how?

If it isn't possible, then I would like to replace all the $-values with €-values. These are for example:
1. Reports tab - All IN EV in €uros
2. Sessions tab - hourly rate €/hr
3. Sessions tab - rake in €

I can't find a way to do this, am I missing something?

Miraculix
02-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi.

Great work with this multi currency support! Would it be possible to add swedish currancy for Boss?

// M

Stake Monster
02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I played some hands yesterday in euros/GBP on Ladbrokes but it still shows as dollars in my reports tab. :confused:

dirtylobster
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I would like to change the default currency to €uros, because I have to pay my living in euros. If it is possible, how?

If it isn't possible, then I would like to replace all the $-values with €-values. These are for example:
1. Reports tab - All IN EV in €uros
2. Sessions tab - hourly rate €/hr
3. Sessions tab - rake in €

I can't find a way to do this, am I missing something?

This will be implemented in a future release IIRC, sit tight! ;)

fozzy71
02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I played some hands yesterday in euros/GBP on Ladbrokes but it still shows as dollars in my reports tab. :confused:

You are using the latest release version 1.10.03a?

Uncheck "Import from Subfolders" in the auto-import settings.

Move the gamehistory.dat file your \hmarchive folder and import it via Import From File(s).

Try a new session with auto-import. A new handhistory file should be generated.

demonseed
02-24-2010, 06:34 AM
This argument doesn't apply on Stars (for me). You can keep balances in other currencies, but you don't have to. I only have a USD balance. When I sit down my buy-in is converted. When I get up, it's converted back to USD. So, in this situation, it does make sense to maintain historical conversions.

Thanks for your work.

+1 I play at iPoker and my account is in euros.
So when I sit at a pound or USD table the money is converted at that moment and then converted back.

sinnes
02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
There is something wrong with older hands on prima.

I play on ladbrokes & purple, the currency for this month seems correct but older hands (dec and jan) doesn't. For exampel it says I have played NL600 $ when it only exist € tables on that limit.

netsrak
02-24-2010, 12:42 PM
We are already working on this Ladbrokes problem

Schorscheee
02-25-2010, 09:04 AM
when do you think a new update will be released?

netsrak
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM
We just do some final testing, so hopefully today or in the next days.

Rvg72
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
We do have a build which should be released today and we're still working on some of the bigger changes. Here is the currently completed list of changes that we're just doing final testing on

* Removed unnecessary message boxes shown during database schema changes
* Fixed a problem where changes to auto import folders were not automatically picked up by the importer
* Modified the Rush file detection to better handle when FTP modifies the table structure (ie taking a table that was using ante's previously and removing that)
* Session tab now allows you to specify the currency to use for Amount Won, EV and Rake (previously it had been set to $USD)
* Update to deal with older Prima Euro hands that used a different currency hash in the hand history causing them not to be recognized
* HUD fixes for Rush

Roy

Schorscheee
02-25-2010, 02:14 PM
ok sehr gut

hab allerdings grad noch n paar bugs bei mir gefunden

-- im graphen habe ich 400$ winnings auf 70k hands oder so -> 300€ up
--> unter reports habe ich 300€ winnings ABER 700$ +

fazit: 700$ stimmen. ich weiss allerdings nicht wie er auf 300€ kommt, bzw 400$/300€ im graphen

-- habt ihr das jetz gefixed dass das rakeback/boni auch umgerechnet werden?

€: Ausserdem zeigt mir reports den betrag XXXX$ winnings an und session tab zeigt mir 250$ weniger oder so an... Im graph is dann der session tab betrag zu sehen

smell777
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
We'll come up with something - I actually have a nice solution in mind.

Roy

At ipoker the things differ a bit: i have account at usd, when i play euro ipoker itself instaconverts my usd to euro, and when I leave table it converts my winnings back to usd. So when I cashout I do cashout usd and the ammount I won on specific day in the past actually matter s a lot.
I think you already now this specifics, but I am not sure.

ImSoCute
02-26-2010, 04:17 AM
We do have a build which should be released today and we're still working on some of the bigger changes.

can we expect this relase today? if yes - what time?

mksteele99
02-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Will the changes to the Table Scanner be included in the next update?

Specifically a filter for Stars Euro and 50bb tables, as well as the ability to scan a bunch of limits but only show the results of a certain limit (I use the # of table stat in my HUD so I scan a ton of limits even though I only play one)

Schorscheee
02-27-2010, 06:11 AM
update coming today?

Hilips
02-27-2010, 08:48 AM
We still have to change from USD to EUR every time we restart HM in sessions/graphs tab. meh

palqkat
02-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Rake in the Reports is still in $, you have to add Rake EUR and Rake GPB stats.

We still have to change from USD to EUR every time we restart HM in sessions/graphs tab. meh
+1

Will be good if HEM remember the currency changes after closing the program.

asmartone
02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Still, in .03b, no EV adjusted for EUR/GBP in Report tab.

Schorscheee
02-28-2010, 08:42 AM
bonusses are still shown in $ when my graph is shown in €

Salamando
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Wait, so does the automatic currency update fix Euro hands from many years ago?

Miraculix
03-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Hi.

Great work with this multi currency support! Would it be possible to add swedish currancy for Boss?

// M

BUMP!

I know there are some bigger sites you´ll have to fix first, but I just want to know if it´s possible and if it will be done. Keep up the good work :D !

// M

Schorscheee
03-01-2010, 10:24 AM
what things are planned for the next update?

Schorscheee
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
what things are planned for the next update?
??????

SGB5000
03-05-2010, 04:40 AM

Thanks for your work.

Same for me.

My account is in USD and stars auto converts to Euros when I sit down auto converts back to USD when I leave the table.

HEM tells me how much I have won in Euros but the HEM conversion to USD is incorrect because it does not track the stars exchange rates.

marrzie
03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
When is the multicurrency support coming for tourneys? Sit n gos? I was under the impression it was coming at the same time as the cash tables. Then iirc there was some sort of problem but I thought it was to be released for stt and mtt etc withing a week of the cash multicurrency updates? Is the update coming soon?

morny
03-07-2010, 03:07 PM
When is the multicurrency support coming for tourneys? Sit n gos? I was under the impression it was coming at the same time as the cash tables. Then iirc there was some sort of problem but I thought it was to be released for stt and mtt etc withing a week of the cash multicurrency updates? Is the update coming soon?

Hi,

Yes this is being worked on at the moment but i don't have an ETA at the moment.

pulainmata
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Hello! Excuse me for being so noob, but how do i do this? How do i make winning visible in Reports tab in EUR currency?
And how do i change the $ stat from session for individual hands? I want it from $ to EUR.

Thank you.

fozzy71
03-08-2010, 10:33 PM
cash games > reports > stat selection > + > Default Stats > Net Eur Won

You can not edit the columns on the sessions tab.

moveras1
03-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Great that the multi currency feature is finally here.

Allthough is relly a pain in the butt that the currency is changing back to dollars every time the program is restarted. If the program could remember the preferred currency til the next time it is opened, it would be great.

Rolo1984
03-30-2010, 07:32 PM
At the moment converter is not usefull. As long as I cannot put in a day to day different exchange rate. A euro won today has a different worth from the one two weeks ago

Anyway from what i hav read you are working on it hope you can make it work soon. Since this is for me the difference between a usefull and useless converter

grz

Roland

marrzie
03-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Any update on the currency converter status for tourneys?
I would even think a converter that only supported auto conversion is great.

What I mean is for example on pokerstars you can click a couple of options to automatically handle different currencies.
So when you want to play a euro game but you only have a USD account its handles automatically.
Pokerstars auto converts the $ amount to euros to get you into the euro game and when the tourney is over they automatically convert the euro winnings back to USD in your account.
Pokerstars uses reuters currency converter so unless pokerstars would allow HEM to have access to the numbers on the fly then I dont know if this could work.

This might be similar to the sharkscope handles different currencies. I dont know how precise the sharkscope system is but it is at least something.

morny
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,

Yeah Roy has some ideas for this that hes currently working on, as you can imagine its quite complicated so it might take some time

marrzie
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Once I consider all the angles it does seem quite impossible without direct involvement from pokerstars. So I can see how it might take some time. I just hope it is not too far down on the list. There are a lot of euro players that really want this. Thanks.

Marats
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
on boss they have all types of currencys. If I play a session in different currencies can I in any way see how much I have won or lost in all diiferent currencies?
How much I have won on euro tables and how much on the dollar tables for example?

morny
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Yep it will separate those for you

Marats
04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
hmm I played my first session today, hem says I won 2225 dollars in winnings.

When I choose net $ and net euro it says 1590 in euros and 2225 in dollars.

My real winnings was a total of 2447 euro, so whats wrong?

netsrak
04-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Are you using the new $(USD) column for the report?
Please post a screenshot

Marats
04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
ok

I would estimate I won maybe 1700 in euros and the rest of total winnings of 2447euro was from the dollar tables.

netsrak
04-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files of this session with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

Marats
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
ok I figured it out, I hadn´t downloaded the newest version of hem when I played, I did it after the session.
I tried a session now and now I see two columns one for dollars and one for euro so just ignore that rar file I sent.

Schorscheee
04-22-2010, 08:34 AM
seriously, when will a new currency update be available??

bonuses and so on are totally wrong

Schorscheee
04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
seriously, when will a new currency update be available??

bonuses and so on are totally wrong

??????

morny
04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Were still working on this but i dont have an ETA at the moment

grizzz
06-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Any further developments yet? Any idea when this might be released?

morny
06-06-2010, 12:45 PM
I still dont have an update on an ETA, some other unexpected bugs put this back a little but well get to it asap

Schorscheee
07-05-2010, 06:16 AM
will something happen in the near future?

morny
07-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Im hoping so but there is a lot going on development wise so im not sure on a timeline at this stage

Schorscheee
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
any news??? the $ is swinging and the winnings are totally wrong. can some update be expected in the near future??

B-Money
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
any news??? the $ is swinging and the winnings are totally wrong. can some update be expected in the near future??

What's going on here? I read your earlier posts about Bonuses being incorrect for multi-currency and now you are talking about $ swinging and winnings totally wrong? I'm lost.

I'm not a multi-currency guy but I believe you 100% the bonuses part of HM does not use multi-currency but everything else seems pretty solid. The only one posting in this thread now is you so I have to assume things generally work for the most part.

Will multi-currency be added to bonuses at some point? Yes.
When? Probably not soon.

iksmirp
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
A question regarding multi currency... sorry i didn't read the whole thread, i don't know if this was addressed earlier or not...

I understand how all this works and am already using it, but was wondering what happens with conversion through time. I mean, rates don't stay the same and change over time. We have this nice feature now to automatically fetch current rates and apply them.

But, doesn't that make the past reports incorrect? Does HEM save 'current rate' for the time when hand was played and use that, or does it always use 'the latest rate' ?

Schorscheee
12-12-2010, 04:32 PM
no it doesnt.

AND HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE TO IMPLEMENT A CORRECT BONUS CURRENCY CONVERSION?????? SO UNREAL :confused::confused:

Schorscheee
12-26-2010, 09:33 AM
anything in work??

dirtylobster
12-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Do you have plans to implement multi-currency support to hand histories? Viewing/exporting to 2+2/txt etc.. They all show as $ atm.

morny
12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I dont have an ETA on the bonuses, ill chase up that and the $ export issue and remind the developer