PDA

View Full Version : Missing all my notes

cryuff
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
All of my notes on pokerstars are gone.
I was trying to set up HUD in Holdem Manager and clicked import notes in Options-Notes

Anyway to get my notes back?
I tried export but that does not work.

netsrak
02-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Your notes in Stars or in Holdemmanager?

Which HM version?

cryuff
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi net,

My notes in stars are missing

I started messing around with HEM trying to setup my HUD
Now everytime I sign on to stars all the notes on players are gone. If I put more notes and then re-log they are gone again.

My HM version is the latest which I think is 1.10.

_Loki_
02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
If you hase not backed up your notes I'm pretty sure you have lost them

You might have a problem with your 'notes.xml' file in PokerStars
Recently PokerStars replaced the notes.txt file & started using notes.xml & it can be a problem because some player names use unusual characters which XML 'thinks' are macro instructions (I'm not sure if I have the right terminology). My notes.xml file was around 200kb size one day & 23Mb the next when a new player name in my notes started duplicating itself

'luckily' I keep a daily backup of notes

Look here:

C:\Program Files\PokerStars\notes.xml [MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO POKERSTARS - NOT BEING LOGGED ON DOESN'T HELP EITHER]

How big is this file? I have single word notes on 2,500 players & my notes.xml file is 200kb - if you have a HUGE file in MB then that's your problem

Try this:

Delete the above file [WHILE NOT CONNECTED TO POKERSTARS - POKERSTARS APP CLOSED]

Connect to pokerstars & write a note on a player - (you can do this even when not logged in I think)
You will find a new notes.xml file is generated & you will be ok from now on.

Every day at the end of a session after I've left PokerStars I copy/paste the notes file to a folder I made - you maybe should do the same

If you lose notes in the future you create a new notes as described above. come out of pokerstars. move the notes file to your desktop. open it. paste back in your backed up notes. return notes to pokerstars folder.

Evante
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Your notes in Stars or in Holdemmanager?

Which HM version?

in HEM

udbrky
09-02-2012, 07:40 PM
This is an HM1 thread/forum. I replied in your HM2 thread.