PDA

View Full Version : 25+ Masstabling on Stars

FreddyJames
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
So after 5 years of using PT, I have finally had enough of it and need an alternative.

My question about your HUD is, how fast is it when playing 25+ tables at a time on stars? I see you are affiliated with Tableninja so I assume any bugs have been worked out, but before purchasing the software I really need confirmation that it won't slow down the computer and have 2 seconds of lag like PT3 does. When playing 25 tables you only get an average of 3 seconds to act on each hand, so any lag is a complete no-no.

Is there also an option on your hud to have it running, without having to have hands imported at the same time?

My computer has 2gb of RAM and a 5.6ghz processor (dual), which I bought because PT said a faster comp would sort out any lag, but it didn't make any difference.

The Minder
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
<-- bites lip.

_Loki_
02-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi FJ

So after 5 years of using PT, I have finally had enough of it and need an alternative.
My question about your HUD is, how fast is it when playing 25+ tables at a time on stars? I see you are affiliated with Tableninja so I assume any bugs have been worked out, but before purchasing the software I really need confirmation that it won't slow down the computer and have 2 seconds of lag like PT3 does. When playing 25 tables you only get an average of 3 seconds to act on each hand, so any lag is a complete no-no I thought 24 tables was the limit at PokerStars, but I've found out only today that the limit only applies to ring games - which is my thing. Isn't your brain fried after 5 years of grinding ? Why not DL the 15 day trial & try it for yourself ? That's the only way you can be sure. I solved my lag problem by giving up surfing p0rn while I play - mostly

Is there also an option on your hud to have it running, without having to have hands imported at the same time?
Can't help you there - I don't know. Out of curiousity why would you want to do that anyway ?

My computer has 2gb of RAM and a 5.6ghz processor (dual), which I bought because PT said a faster comp would sort out any lag, but it didn't make any difference. You don't mention drivers, themes, All that M$ services junk that lags a PC. My laptop running XP Pro, SP3, single 3GHz CPU, 512MB RAM. 54kbps connection with USB dongle. Works great - no lag while I massively 4-table & delete my browsing history... :)

Peoplez
02-04-2010, 04:26 AM
I have a crappy single core processor computer with 1.5 gigs of ram and I can 24-table pokerstars with hold'em manager and the hud is working pretty smoothly. With PT3 the max tables I can play with hud there is omething like 13 or 14. So yea it should work for you.

FreddyJames
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
<-- bites lip.

Thankyou so much for this helpful and quality post.

The Minder
02-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Thankyou so much for this helpful and quality post.
Ok, what makes you think changing from PT3 to HM will make any speed difference. Imo it just may, (HM is more 'attuned' to ring games whereas PT3 is focused towards tournies) but there are so many other factors that make any speed/lag analysis difficult.

For instance, bump your RAM to 4Gb (for 32 bit O/S) or 8Gb (for 64 bit O/S)... strip your startup sequence/driver load to minimum. You also don't mention what O/S you're using or what internet connection you have... those are both good places to examine for speed improvements.

Asking a software company if their product will perform to an exact specification on an individual computer is... hmmm, can't find the exact word.

FreddyJames
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't see how me asking this question...

My question about your HUD is, how fast is it when playing 25+ tables at a time on stars?

...is a dumb one, or whatever "word" you can't think of.

I was just trying to look at an alternative because of problems with PT3.

NM, I'll go elsewhere.

ps, thanks for the responses Loki and Peoplez.

morny
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi James,

In general you should be fine, i dont play stars specifically but ive played 16 tables on ipoker without any issues on HM's end, you can take advantage of the free trial for both HM and Ninja and see for yourself before you make a purchase

Heres some links that may help if you do have issues
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: I am experiencing a lot of lag when I use TableNinja (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/297/I+am+experiencing+a+lot+of+lag+when+I+use+TableNin ja)

Some more tweaking here, not all applicable but some might help:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Runs Slow (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/109/Holdem+Manager+Runs+Slow)

You can run HM without importing, what you'll need to do is first let it import the first few hands and the hud will appear, obviously if someone sits in you wont get stats on them unless you start the import for a few hands.

Let me know how it goes