PDA

View Full Version : HEM doesnīt report hands that are in the DB!

Nemesis
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I did an import of different hands from different sites to my existing DB and after that my DB (~2.5M hands) stopped working correctly... why??

What happens is if I find a screenname under "change" in report tab it says the correct number of hands but when I choose that name only a few hands shows up in the report tab. I have no filters turned on and it clearly says "all hands".

I use 1.10.01 running as admin on windows7.

--

Iīve been using HEM actively for a couple of months and my DB has already been corrupted twice... please donīt tell me that that has happened again.

Thank you for your quick help!

/Nemesis

netsrak
02-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Please try a reindex via pgadminIII -> maintenance
but it sounds like your db is corrupt again

Nemesis
02-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Have reindexed now and the problem remains.

What can I do to keep the DB from getting corrupt? (this is the 3rd time in 3 months) Importing 2-3M hands takes a long time.

edit: I just started a new DB and went to restore my old backup DB in pgadmin (on top of which I will import 3M more hands). But no hands show up in HEM after the restore process???

netsrak
02-06-2010, 08:58 AM
A DB gets corrupt because of HW problems, crashing processes, operating system failures etc....

For the restore: did you create the new database in pgadmin with the same encoding as the original one?

Nemesis
02-06-2010, 09:08 AM
A DB gets corrupt because of HW problems, crashing processes, operating system failures etc....

For the restore: did you create the new database in pgadmin with the same encoding as the original one?

Iīve been misfortunate when doing imports on a restored DB before. I donīt know, itīs possible Iīve made some mistakes. But itīs hardly an issue now since every DB I now start up (without restoring.. only importing) gets corrupted. And this is even though I updated to the latest HEM and the latest 8.3.9 version of postgresSQL and started from scratch!

Also since Iīve had my DB going corrupt multiple times during the last couple of months we can hardly contribute that to faulty restore process.

Every time I post about this issue I just get your DB is corrupt please start over. But I want to make sure that 1. Are you sure itīs corrupt? (could it be any other reasons for a large discrepency between registered hands on one alias and the ones that actually show up in a report?) 2. If it is corrupt then how do I proceed from here when starting from scratch doesnīt resolve the issue?

Thank you!

netsrak
02-06-2010, 09:14 AM
If you get this problems over and over its a hardware / installation problem.
Your system seems to be instable.