PDA

View Full Version : postgresql failed to connect...

fly fisher
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
HEM is not launching for me.

I was getting the failed to connect error, so

I did all the UAC stuff & exception stuff for my security programs (this took me about an hour), then

I followed the Support FAQ thread which instructed me to reinstall postgresql.

First, I uninstalled postgresql 8.4, then

I attempted to reinstall postgresql using a 'setup package' link from a Support FAQ thread, but

that link turned out to be for a 8.3 installation, which is bad because I need 8.4, so I canceled it. Then,

I went looking for & found another Support FAQ thread titled 'PostgreSQL Install' that suggested I use the 'Combo Installer'. Since my HEM was in need update because I haven't been able to use it,

I downloaded the Combo Installer and proceeded to reinstall HEM & postgresql. This was going great!

Oh happy days! I thought I was seconds from having my HEM back and running again.

But.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

The installer stalled at the postgre installation with an error of unable to install. I thought, "no problem, I'll just cancel this install and see if my HEM works."

Ha, Ha, Ha. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Now, after over two hours of working on this, I get the following error message..

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I hate error messages that contain the word 'fatal'. It's so negative.

HEM may be the single biggest contributor to my graying head of hair...

help pls:(

netsrak
02-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Is your postgresql service running?
Can you connect via pgadmin?
Which password did you use for the installation (default is postgrespass)

Did you check this FAQ? http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

If you can' figure it out: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.