PDA

View Full Version : Lost everything when accidentally reinstalled HEM

Goha
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I just installed the 1.10.01 version. The problem is I used the full install instead of the update. The results are that I lost all my config (hud, aliases ...) and my database (he can't find my old database).
Is there a way to solve my problem?

Thanks

netsrak
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Your old database is saved (the postgresql data folder). You need to uninstall postgresq, install the standalone version and use the old data folder:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database
If you have no backup of your configuration you will need to reconfigure everything.

At the moment we are investigating the new installer so that this will not happen with future releases.

Samuli
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Hello! I made same mistake while ago. Is there now any easier way to get the old configs to work than installing postresql again? Thank you!

netsrak
11-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure what really happened to you. Our installer should not overwrite an existing postgresql installation.
If you removed Postgresql manually there is no other way than the above FAQ link if you have no database backup available.