PDA

View Full Version : HEM totally busto after new update

Sheiky
02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't really update my HEM that often, but as I noticed the run it twice hands weren't being recorded on my old version I updated the latest beta release.

After I did so, apparently successfully, HEM no longer got past the instilising stage. I saw somewhere in a thread that as a workaround I should DL the 10.9 version, so I did, but still the same problem.

I would try re installing, but I can't even find my serial number as I don't have it on e-mail anywhere and I can't open HEM to find out.

A) What should I do and B ) If I were to re install HEM, would I lose all my hands?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or whatnot, i'm new and tired. Thanks for any help

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't really update my HEM that often, but as I noticed the run it twice hands weren't being recorded on my old version I updated the latest beta release.

After I did so, apparently successfully, HEM no longer got past the instilising stage. I saw somewhere in a thread that as a workaround I should DL the 10.9 version, so I did, but still the same problem.

I would try re installing, but I can't even find my serial number as I don't have it on e-mail anywhere and I can't open HEM to find out.

Please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.com to get your code.

A) What should I do

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

If that doesn't help, give us some more details, before wew decide if a reinstall is in order.

and B ) If I were to re install HEM, would I lose all my hands?

No. The hands are imported into the postgresql database and then archived to a different folder. You should be backing up these archives occasionally, in case you ever need to rebuild your database. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

Sheiky
02-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I did that and it's working great now, thank you!