PDA

View Full Version : when reduce to four handed in six max, utg question

MASTERHOLMES
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
when utg four handed (so in the cut off) and i got queen jack , king queen, ten jack, i open it up so when I do leakbuster after it says my leak for that day is I was loose from the utg.

I wonder if the leakbuster can be improved to tell the difference between true utg, and utg in the cut off position where i can loosen up.
or does it already ?

Leak Buster Support
02-04-2010, 02:00 AM
The latest versions only do 5 and 6 handed. We're not planning on adding range difference right now between these because the margin is already pretty wide. So when you get the latest beta, you're not going to be importing data if the games go to 4 handed.

MASTERHOLMES
02-04-2010, 02:04 AM
I can understand three handed .. but many times when playing six max , the tables are four handed for there is some fool sitting out and we wait for a person to come sit down and play.
I alwasy leave when it get three handed myself but here I am sitting there playing four tables confident that i am getting a full stat review.

what am i suppose to do,, get up when it get four handed all the time?
or sit out til the another person joins ?

Leak Buster Support
02-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Leak Buster is going to support 6-max for 5 and 6 players. If you're at a full 6-max table, then 4 handed doesn't happen very often.

We have lots of other features that we are designing and focusing on that you'll enjoy. The analysis that goes into 6 handed, or full ring is very in depth. It actually takes a very long time to analyze, group, and create the ranges for any given game. You'd be surprised at how long it actually does take.

We listen and have implemented a lot of customer suggestions, as I'm sure you know. But the time to just do 4 handed stats probably takes about 10x as long as you'd imagine. It's not like adding another filter, or a button somewhere. :)

MASTERHOLMES
02-04-2010, 02:21 AM
that is good to know before hand, so when i play after the next beta i can sit out when ever it goes four hand til someone sit back down.
of course the micro limits at full tilt it happens a great deal of time.

MASTERHOLMES
02-04-2010, 06:48 PM
it would be nice next year in 2011 , to see the six max stats cut off at 4/ then you can 3 and lesser short handed leakbuster(another product like limit leakbuster, and omaha leakbuster),, optimal for heads up no limit as there is a little market for it.
in terms of looking things long terms for leakbuster :).

Leak Buster Support
02-05-2010, 05:30 AM
It's all possible of course. We're working on some new 3-betting / 4-betting analysis right now, and also language translations. There's also limit and Omaha still in production as well.

MASTERHOLMES
02-10-2010, 01:03 AM
this is just me whining

at the microstakes 2 nl a lot of tables broke up after one round. so I found myself finding as much tables as i can (four tabling) meanwhile trying to play poker on the other 2 to 3 depending on the tables themselves.

soon as someone sits out it goes to four handed, or after one big hand then someone takes off the table and so i found myself table hunting when i should be playing poker

edited to add

how much hands do we lose, and leakbusting information if we sit around on a four hand table wiating for it fill back up on average do you estimate ?

Leak Buster Support
02-10-2010, 04:24 AM
What site are you playing at that the 6-max tables break up so often?

If your table gets down to 4, then you're going to miss some of those hands until it gets back to at least 5.

If there was a clean way to analyze 4 and 3 handed games within 6-max, that we thought would be beneficial and accurate, we would consider doing it. But typically in these games that go short, the dynamics change so quickly and rapidly. I don't know if we'd feel comfortable offer advice on those. It's something we'll re-evaluate in the future though.

MASTERHOLMES
02-10-2010, 04:31 AM
the omaha six handed tables stay consistent as there isnt' as many tables running.
but in the six handed no limit game there is a lot of ratholing (i think that is the proper term ) sitting out because of bad beats or the table getting too active or passive.
this is mostly at the 1.2. cent and i dont' know about the 5nl or higher.

i dont' expect 3 handed to be leakbusted as it isnt' short handed leakbuster, and once it get 3 handed i jump off.
the thing about the four handed is that it gives you the luxury to sit there and play until the tables get back to five handed and full six max.

let there be a poll perhaps to help you get more feedback from your consumers if they would like four handed analysis.

Leak Buster Support
02-10-2010, 04:41 AM
4 handed would require a complete different set of analysis. And the main point I was saying is that on a normal 6-max table, when it gets short, not everyone adjusts properly. It's different than say if you sat at a 4 handed table (which some times have) where everyone is knowingly sitting to play a shorter table, and the mentality (generally speaking) is going to be different and more aggressive. There's no way I know to differentiate between these, so I don't think the advice could really be that accurate. That being the case, we wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice for those games.

If we're talking specifically about 4 handed tables, then adding this at time point is a definite possibility. Hope you understand what I'm saying.

MASTERHOLMES
02-14-2010, 02:07 AM
some six max players new to the game may not know they have to loosen up a bit when it get four handed. so they could be leaking blinds on the side of being too tag when the situation calls for more aggression.

i think david s, (i dont' want to butcher his last name) said in the mind of the poker pro that when you are playing 6 handed see yourself as not as utg but in middle position.
so if we take this further when four handed , we should see ourselves not as the utg, but as the cut off for that is the position we are playing.

so perhaps there can be a module written up for four handed play that one has to loosen up here while being tight on the flop so in other words you want to raise four handed like you are in the cut off and not utg which many players might get that thinking there is no cut off for it was eliminated.

i of course like i said in my previous post here, think the line has to be drawn at 4 handed on a six max table for if you do any less then you will have people bugging you to have heads up leakbuster.

so instead of worrying about giving bad advice,, give some principles with some player beware,, that while we will import your four handed hands while you wait for the table to fill up, and it is important that you be aware that you should be playing more aggressively as the cut off starting hand chart instead of the utg hand chart... the leakbuster hands taken four handed should be looked at generally, and for post flop mistakes.

i think those who play four handed exclusively know that they are ,, but those on six handed tables who wait around for it to fill back up may not be able to adjust accordinlgy and so they need some advice.

Leak Buster Support
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I think you'll be happy to know we're going to be adding stats that will auto adjust for 3-4 handed, and also more for the micro limits. This is in the pool of new changes.

MASTERHOLMES
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I am happy thanks very much.
I can only hope the rest of the future consumers will be as happy as well :)

Leif
03-24-2010, 02:15 PM
deleted by poster