PDA

View Full Version : Same DB on 2 laptops. Wildly different results.

bluffman
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Ive seen numerous posts on this. So heres another one.

i too bought a new laptop. with W7. 30% of my hands are not showing up even though the archive is the same size with same number of files on both machines.

Ive been on this website for most of the last week. when i come home from work i now delete, import, reinstal. and other such nonsense. but i dont get much time to play poker.

Given the HUGE discrepency between the analysed results of the same file by the same software on two different machines....

IS EITHER ONE CORRECT ?????? I feel im working for free as a tester for HM.
My last uninstal, reinstal, reimport produced 500 duplicate hands and 25 import errors. (42000 hands cash, 110000 hands in tourneys).

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Ive seen numerous posts on this. So heres another one.

i too bought a new laptop. with W7. 30% of my hands are not showing up even though the archive is the same size with same number of files on both machines.

What sites are you playing and which operating system? If Pokerstars are you also importing your tournament summary files? What version of PostgreSQL are you using? Have you tried creating a new DB on each PC and importing the archives? Or perhaps email the site support and ask for allyour old hand histories and tournament summaries?

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights, and all of your poker clients -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmupdate

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB

My last uninstal, reinstal, reimport produced 500 duplicate hands and 25 import errors. (42000 hands cash, 110000 hands in tourneys).

Duplicate hands dont mean anything except the same hand is in your archive files twice. It wont affect the import results. The import errors obviously will. You can send us the import error log and we can try to see why they didnt import.

bluffman
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
thanks for the quick response.

I play on Pokerstars, full tilt and party poker. I didnt import tourney summarys. there are 3k hands (cash) missing for january out of only 7k played!
I assumed the archive stored all the files necessary. Im tired and fed up, i have a day job. It looks good, feels good but i now have no faith in its accuracy.

I bought the new laptop for poker. I could just live with the discrepancy but i cant assume future stats are accurate.
Im going to download the PT3 trial for 60 days. Load it onto both machines, import the file to both machines and if the results are the same on both machines and resemble the original results then its goodbye to HM until its reliable.
Just to say one more time. How can the same file be interpreted by the same software so differently on two machines ??

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Just to say one more time. How can the same file be interpreted by the same software so differently on two machines ??

Most likely cause would be you are using an old version of HM on one of the computers. Another reason could be a corrupt DB on one PC that is causing more import errors than the other computer. Another cause of hands not importing is when you are not running HM as administrator on vista/w7.

bluffman
02-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Most likely cause would be you are using an old version of HM on one of the computers. Another reason could be a corrupt DB on one PC that is causing more import errors than the other computer. Another cause of hands not importing is when you are not running HM as administrator on vista/w7.

1.10 on both machines, so its not that.
The exes are running automatically as admin, so its not that.
I didnt export a DB, I put the HH file on a memery stick. Another time i xfered via a LAN.

ive looked at the volume of DB issues on the forum. wow
I had really liked and enjoyed this product, but i now doubt the first DB was right.
Should a DB loose integrity like this? if its not 100% reliable its 100% useless.
Surely every company in the world that records information, has to reload their files, every now and then, into a fixed, upgraded DB system. Isnt that what im doing.
Ive backed up simple flat files, independent of HM
HM loads this file with differing, completely unreliable results.

netsrak
02-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Sorry that you have so much problems, thats not the usual way. Of course when you look in this forum you see people posting with problems because its a support forum.

We could try to import your hands to compare the results. Please zip and mail the original handhistory files with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net.
And you can try to import the hands into PT3 and compare the results too.

bluffman
02-11-2010, 10:04 AM
The email times out. the file must be to big (25mb when compressed)
Ill send january through as that has the most glaring errors.

thx

morny
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
or use YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution (http://www.yousendit.com) and send the link