PDA

View Full Version : Error in start up

pirate46
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Every time i have tried to start HM, all i get a blue error square come up with the message, an error occurred while loading the prefs files; Data at the root level is invalid, line 1, position 1.

has anyone got any answers, because its becoming a real pain.

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
2) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

If that doesn't help try a clean reinstall of HM.

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

pirate46
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry i forgot to make it clear that HM is not stating at all, just this error message. Itried looking for the config file, but as HM wont open i can't access them.

_Loki_
02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
"Itried looking for the config file, but as HM wont open i can't access them" You don't need to open HM to do what Fozzy suggests

Fozzy quote "1) Close HM... "

fozzy71
02-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Sorry i forgot to make it clear that HM is not stating at all, just this error message. Itried looking for the config file, but as HM wont open i can't access them.

You need to use windows explorer (start > computer) to browse your computer's files. Follow the directions I posted to delete the \rvg software\holdem manager\config\prefs.xml file.