PDA

View Full Version : HUD Stats take time to settle and show correct values.

Biju
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Sometimes early in a session once the HUD stats come up against an opponent I find myself in the player page looking through their details and see the hand sample very much higher here than shown on the HUD - up to double - and therefore all other stats are off too I pressume. It can take a couple of orbits for the HUD stats to catch up. Is this normal and if so is there a refresh shortcut to make the HUD see the full stats immediately.

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Biju
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
OK. I wasn't running any as Administrator.

Three things.

1. I have changed the .exe files for dbcontrolpanel, holdemmanager, hmhud and hmInstaller (should I have changed this one) to run as admin. What is the first file you mention - HoldEm manager - and what do I need to change for that or is changing the above.exe files doing this? Not sure I fully understood that part of your post.

2. I assume I need to go back and turn off UAG after I have run these files as Administrator too.

3. Do you still want the config file as this is prob the cause?

cheers

J0HNS0N757
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.

I just bought HEM, what does this look like exactly(in bold above)

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
OK. I wasn't running any as Administrator.

Three things.

1. I have changed the .exe files for dbcontrolpanel, holdemmanager, hmhud and hmInstaller (should I have changed this one) to run as admin.

The last one isn't necessary but it wont hurt anything.

What is the first file you mention - HoldEm manager - and what do I need to change for that or is changing the above.exe files doing this? Not sure I fully understood that part of your post.

I assume you are referring to the config file I wanted you to attach. The first thing I mentioned was to download and install the latest version.

2. I assume I need to go back and turn off UAG after I have run these files as Administrator too.

No, you can leave UAC on if you want.

3. Do you still want the config file as this is prob the cause?

cheers

Yes, please attach the config file.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Biju
02-02-2010, 08:36 PM

It's the Hold Em Manager File on your PC, in whatever location you stored it and named it. Default is C:/Program Files/RVG Software/HoldEm manager.

Biju
02-02-2010, 08:40 PM
The last one isn't necessary but it wont hurt anything.

I assume you are referring to the config file I wanted you to attach. The first thing I mentioned was to download and install the latest version.

No, you can leave UAC on if you want.

Yes, please attach the config file.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

It seems to work now. However I will check the other things you said and send you the config in a couple of days - if you still want it - as I'm away for a few days.

I did see someone report that V1.10.01 was having an issue with Bodog and Idleminer Hand Grabber which I use and was why I hadn't upgraded. Was that the case or was it a different problem. I'll check back on this thread on my return.

Biju
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM

Bolded is the bit I didn't follow as it isn't an .exe file

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 12:06 AM
It seems to work now. However I will check the other things you said and send you the config in a couple of days - if you still want it - as I'm away for a few days.

I want to be sure you haven't improperly configured something that is causing the problems.

I did see someone report that V1.10.01 was having an issue with Bodog and Idleminer Hand Grabber which I use and was why I hadn't upgraded. Was that the case or was it a different problem. I'll check back on this thread on my return.

I don't recall off the top of my head. i would have to do a bit of research with our bug's department.

Bolded is the bit I didn't follow as it isn't an .exe file

That is the folder where the 3 files are located.

\program files\rvg software\holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, etc

Biju
02-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Within the Hold Em manager file I have a config.HEM file and along with many other folders I have two folders called config. One is config the other config default copy. I have tried to attached the config.hem file but it comes up as an invaled file extension. I also then went into the config folder found the HoldEmManager.config and attached that - I hope.

Biju
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Here is the config file from the config copy default folder that is an older file and not sure if it's being used or not.

Biju
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Also still running V1.10 as I am not sure on the 1.10.01 bug for Bodog Idleminer is correct.

Biju
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Let me know if this/these are the file/s you needed. Thanks a ton too.

Biju
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Just opened Bodog with 4 tables and it's not right still. One player has 1100 hands in HEM player report but on one table the HUD has him with 563 hands and then on another table hes playing the HUD has 185. Then after an orbit both show 565 or so, half the player report has. Then a few hands later both table drop back to 280 hand on the HUD.

fozzy71
02-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmupdate

Are there problems importing hands or just with the HUD?

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder. I also need you to zip and email any files in this folder to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

mumrik
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Sorry to be of such a bad help but I just wanted to let you know I also have trouble with Bodog Hand Grabber and HEM. It seemed to be working fine but I realized the box which displays the last three hands wasnt updated. It showed hands from long ago. It sort of was this way all the time but it updated itself after ten seconds or so. But now it just went on to new hands and missed like 10-20 hands. In HEM the hands are also missing, and there seem to be missing more hands than just these I observed. This was when I was playing three tables I think. Later on I was playing one and tried to launch a second and the HUD didnt show up. Went to table finder and there was tables from long ago. Also tried checking the HMArchive and copy files from there but they seemed to be missing from there aswell. Another thing was that the Hand grabber says it has saved more hands than HEM have imported.

Just letting you know some problems I noted, if it's of any good. I'm too tired to try and investigate further for tonight.

mumrik
04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Forget everything I wrote up there, it was indistinct.

Here is my problem. Hand grabber says it has saved hands, at the bottom of the program. But there isn't any files created in the Bodog Hand Grabber-folder. And so, HEM cant import anything. I fixed this problem the first times by reinstalling Hand grabber.

Another problem is that it doesnt always catch other players holecards when they're mucked. But in the hand history in the client you can see the mucked holecards.

I have the newest HMupdate and downloaded Hand grabber yesterday. How do I go about fixing this?

Have to say I'm dissapointed at Hand grabber.

morny
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
please email me a hand history where it shows the mucked cards but doesnt display in HM and ill look into it support@holdemmanager.com

mumrik
04-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I unmarked them so I cant find them, have searched for a while. If it happends again I'll email you.

As for my other problem the solution was to create a folder outside the Bodog Hand Grabber folder, as it wasnt writable. I had made it writable cause I thought this was the problem but I guess it changes back. If any other of you has the same problem.

Hope it will work from now on. :)