PDA

View Full Version : bb/100 in big blind results look wierd

rauzner
06-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Howdy

I am very new to HM, well using it to do analysis anyway.

I have a sample of 41k hands.

I was looking around HM and opened a report called "3 - Leak Buster - Position"

When looking at the results I am somewhat alarmed at the results for the big blind position.

In every other position I have a positive bb/100 figure, however for the big blind position it is -28.46/100.

I assume this is not good and a significant leak in my game.

My question is how do I fix this leak? Do I call less from the BB? Do I raise more? Do I need to use this figure in conjunction with other stats?

In case it is important some other stats for the BB position are
VPIP% 19.2
PFR% 10.9
CC% (Which I am guessing is Cold Call?) 8.2%
WTSD% 39.9
W$SD% 45.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RDB
06-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Over a significant sample all players have a negative winrate from the big blind and your result here is normal. Over a larger sample I would also expect your small blind winrate to go negative as well. These figures for the sb and bb include all the blinds you have posted and folded preflop and it is virtually impossible to recover those losses by playing hands out of position.

B-Money
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
W$SD% 45.5

That is a little alarming too and probably part of your biggest leak here. Lower how often you go to showdown and you should win more pots at Showdown.

-20BB/100 for the BB is good. -10BB/100 for SB is good. Every other position should be positive.

GL,
-Brent

rauzner
06-23-2012, 07:26 AM
W$SD% 45.5

That is a little alarming too and probably part of your biggest leak here. Lower how often you go to showdown and you should win more pots at Showdown.

-20BB/100 for the BB is good. -10BB/100 for SB is good. Every other position should be positive.

GL,
-Brent

Thanks to all those that answered my question.

As far as W$SD% goes, how do I lower that? I assume I would need to chase less and fold earlier in the hand. Is that correct?

Thanks

Sarek
06-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Correct. To lower W$SD you should fold before showdown

TuttoLotta
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
It is easy to confuse W$SD% (won at showdown) with WTSD (went to showdown),and if it is so for W$SD% you want to increase it,not the opposite.This can be made by going to showdown less and with stronger hands,more careful bluff catching and bluffing itself (when you get caught your W$SD% decreases).
Can somebody give more info about diffrent WTSD and W$SD% percentages,I think W%SD% must be over 50% if you go 25% to showdown or less,is that correct? BTW now i am winning but my W$SD% is around 47.9 with WTSD% 24.5,W$WSF 45.2.
Guess that i have some leak in the game too in that direction.The sample is around 100k hands.

Patvs
07-29-2012, 04:02 AM
To be profitable W$SD% (won at showdown) should be higher than 50%.
This is because a lot of W$SD% hands are when you go all-in preflop, or allin on the flop, turn and river (and are called... or when you call an all-in)

To make it lower (which is a BAD thing): call more all-ins when you don't have the best hand! :)

WTSD (went to showdown): There is no magic number what this value should be. In fact Leakbuster will quickly tell you your value is way too high (or too low), but I would ignore its advise if you are already playing profitable.