PDA

View Full Version : Filter 4

Ajax
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
In the video for filter 4, the instructor says that we should not have many hands coming in through this filter. In the video, I noticed that there were only 31 hands that came through. My guess is that for the large number of hands in the database on the video, possibly less than 0.05% of hands came through the filter. (My impression is that throughout all the videos, he is working with 60,000 to 70,000 hands, but I am not sure.)

When I run the filter, I get 0.2% of hands. Even though 0.2% does not seem like much, is it actually too many? Does it point to a possible leak in my game?

Leak Buster Support
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't know for 100% sure. It was a fairly new database at the time of the video, but I believe it was somewhere slightly over 100k hands.

But .02% is fine. Somewhere between .02-.04% is typical from what I can remember. Your VPIP is also going to have an impact on this percentage. If you are on the tighter side playing full ring, this % will be lower, than someone on the looser side of the VPIP scale playing 6-max. I'd really only consider it a leak if you were losing money with that filter. You should definitely have have profit there. I'd focus more on the hands that you are losing money with here, and make sure you aren't doing something too much or not enough (double barreling as one example).

MASTERHOLMES
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I have 23 hands, myself out of 14,441 hands for six max, and 27 overall.

i loaded the filter for hem just to see if there a slight difference between leakbuster itself and hem but no there wasn't

which mean that we are seeing hands on the turn putting money with top pair good kicker (also includes kings over pair in one of my examples ) and folded because the ace came, the flush came or the straight and we face a raise and we fold.
I think it is natural to have a leak here ?but the trick is to lessen it ?

Ajax
02-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I show a very nice profit on this filter, but I do not think I should be necessarily happy with it because as the instructor in the video states, filter 4 works in conjunction with filter 3. I have big leaks in filter 3.

I think that the only reason why I have a profit in filter 4 is that many of my TPGK or worse hands are getting all the way to showdown too often. So instead of being "only" a filter 4 leak, my leaks get promoted to filter 3 leaks.

This is an interesting filter b/c if I was showing a loss, then sure I might want to do better here, but at least I would not be staying in the hands so long that they ended up filter 3 leaks. And if my loss in filter 4 goes up, it could actually mean that I am playing better poker if there is also a corresponding improvement in my results for filter 3.

That's my general sense of how I need to view my results for these two filters. I am not sure about my conclusions. Any opinions on this would be helpful.

Leif
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Filter 4 is "TPGK or better seen turn and no SD.

When it should have been

TPGK or worseseen turn and no SD.

So, you have to go in filter 3, and make the same "hand values" in filter 4.

Am i the only one one that have these errors ?

For example:
Also filter 6 and 7 are switched (are right in loaded filters, but are switched in LB).

Filter 17 are shows 0 hands in LB, but the loaded filter works fine.

And filter 4 is wrong (in the same way) in both the loaded filter and in LB.

In the beginning i could not load any filters. I was told here to delete them all, and restart HEM: it worked, but i still have errors in these filters

Leak Buster Support
04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, these are already noted bugs on here which were corrected (I can't find the thread atm, but it's fairly recently noted). We've just been waiting for the next release. The B release of HM was just for table scanner.