PDA

View Full Version : Couple general questions

tclark828
02-02-2010, 02:42 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to export hands from a specific poker site to a new database. I recently switched from FTP to Stars and would like to export all of my Stars hands into a new db. I'm not even sure if this is necessary, but i have well over a million hands in my current db, so just trying to clean up some of the clutter i no longer need. Also, is there a new version of HEM that calculates Vpps using Stars new method? Not a big deal, just curious. Thanks for the help.

Tclark

_Loki_
02-02-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't know about VPP's

You can have as many databases in HEM/PostgreSQL as you like
If I were you I would create a new PokerStars database - just for PokerStars play & make it the default DB

I *think* you are asking what to do with your old FTP hands ?
Ask yourself why you want your old FTP database.

Here are my suggestions

** If it's for analysis of your play you could just get rid of observed hands & of all hands older than say 6 months that should cut down on the size & make it more usable.
** If you want it in case you go back to FTP then why not just keep hands newer than 6 months in a compressed archive ready to be imported if needed (you must have a hands archive?). You can then drop (delete) your FTP DB)
** If it's for bankroll purposes then get a free bankroll manager program & get rid of the hands

It is very easy to export hands & reimport in a selective manner
http://www.holdemmanager.net/FAQ/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
For a small export you can use hands view I think

If you don't know how to do these things the FAQ's explain it very well - see the link at the bottom of the web page or look in 'support' drop down menu at the top