PDA

View Full Version : Virusscanner problem + omaha

GeorgeLuz
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi,

System specs: 2pcs. 1 with vista 1 with XP. both are running McAfee. One with vista is a Dell laptop (if that matters :P ).

Anyway, im getting a Trojan notice from mcafee.

I read this: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29#McAfee

# Open the McAfee Personal Firewall Plus console.
# On the left navigation bar, select Internet Applications.

The only thing that can relate to this that shows up when pressing rightmousebutton is VirusScan console and when i press that i get nothing like a navigation bar on the left side or any button in any of the menu that says internet applications. How do i fix it?

Also, i recently purchased the omaha version so i now got 2 serial codes. However, i cannot use them both at the same time. How do i fix that?

Thanks.

netsrak
02-02-2010, 08:58 AM
The virus issue only occured with an older version.

Please make sure you are using 1.10.01, then you can delete the files from the McAffee message (probably something like Xenocode subfolders).

For you license: you need a key containing both Holdem and Omaha, sounds like you bought a wrong one. Please contact sales@holdemmanager.com with your license keys and they will help you.

GeorgeLuz
02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks mate, that did resolve the issue. (silly i havent thought of that ;x)

Another question, does it also fix the UAC problem with vista? ( i now play with it off and its kinda annoying to switch between on/off as it requires a reboot)...

Thanks!

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
You do not need to turn off UAC to run HM. You never have needed to. It was just always easier to have someone do that, rather than the following steps.

Turn UAC on and reboot.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe