PDA

View Full Version : Getting my Database from Win7 to Mac

JSimon
02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey, I'm trying to get my win7 database tranfered to my mac.
So i tried to backup my win7 database using pgadmin and then using pgadmin on my mac to restore it, but it says the backup is invalid.

am i doing something wrong?
thanks in advance

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 01:15 AM
What are you trying to accomplish exactly? HEM does not run on MAC. If you are going to run HEM on a Windows partition of your MAC, the PostgreSQL has to be installed on Windows also.

JSimon
02-02-2010, 06:48 AM
What are you trying to accomplish exactly? HEM does not run on MAC. If you are going to run HEM on a Windows partition of your MAC, the PostgreSQL has to be installed on Windows also.

ok, sorry.

I've got HM running through paralells and the postgresql database running on my mac. It's works perfect, i'm just not abble to get my backup from my desktop on to my macbook

netsrak
02-02-2010, 09:09 AM
That is more of a parallels/mac problem - we have no experience with this.

For a virtual machine you would need a shared folder or a network connection.

JSimon
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
That is more of a parallels/mac problem - we have no experience with this.

For a virtual machine you would need a shared folder or a network connection.

paralells has nothing to do with this.

i'm just not able to restore a backup. pgadmin on my mac says the backup is invalid. pgadmin on my win7 says nothing, i'm just not able to press the ok button

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
.backup/restore is nowhere near fail-proof. If it won't restore on Windows or MAC then i would assume the .backup file is damaged in some way. I would suggest you import all of your archived/original hands to a new DB.