PDA

View Full Version : hud doesn't work on some tables?

babyainzi
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
everything is working just fine, but for some reason my hud doesnt work on one or two tables that i tried to play on, and its those specific tables, why is this?

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Make sure the hand histories are in English.

Try the table finder - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder. I also need you to zip and email any files in this folder to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

EnGraves
02-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Same problem here everything was working fine on all tables then started a session this afternoon and afew tables at .25nl namely coakley and derek hud is not working

babyainzi
02-02-2010, 05:08 AM
what is uac??

EnGraves
02-02-2010, 05:25 AM
what is uac??

User Account control, its that annoying thing that always pops up asking for your permission every time you want to run something

to turn it off go to

Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts

and click the bottom "line change user account control settings"

babyainzi
02-02-2010, 05:28 AM
i turned it off wen i started hm awhile ago?

EnGraves
02-02-2010, 05:32 AM
i turned it off wen i started hm awhile ago?

is that a question or a statement ?

EnGraves
02-02-2010, 05:35 AM
everything is working just fine, but for some reason my hud doesnt work on one or two tables that i tried to play on, and its those specific tables, why is this?

Have you solved it yet ? let me know asap i feel kinda naked without my hud

babyainzi
02-02-2010, 05:56 AM
well wen i try to change the way its run, its still grey so how do i change that if i have already changed the uac?

EnGraves
02-02-2010, 06:38 AM
well wen i try to change the way its run, its still grey so how do i change that if i have already changed the uac?

sorry you've really lost me, the way whats run ? whats still Grey ?

babyainzi
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
the first guy to answer me said that i should run it as admin, so i tried to change it but its grey and doesnt let me, read his post and u should know wat i am saying

netsrak
02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
If the option is grey you need to switch UAC on and reboot. Now the setting should be active. Enable it and try. We no longer recommend to disable UAC completely. It is enough to run holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe as Administrator under properties in the compatibility tab.

babyainzi
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
ok i turned it back on, but its still grey, opn the start tab i right click on hm and then go to properties, then go to advance on shortcuts, but its still grey

netsrak
02-03-2010, 04:41 AM
You need to navigate to the folder on the harddisk not in the start menu.

Use explorer or workplace to navigate to the holdemmanager installation folder and then check the 3 exe files.

babyainzi
02-03-2010, 07:04 AM
whats explorer or workplace?

netsrak
02-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Standard Windows programs for accessing the files on your computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Explorer

babyainzi
02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
sorry, but can u please tell me step for step what i should do to fix my problem?

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 07:33 PM
1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

EnGraves
02-03-2010, 07:39 PM
sorry, but can u please tell me step for step what i should do to fix my problem?

go to this address on your computer C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

- right click on HMHud.exe,
- click on Compatibility tab
- Towards the bottom theres a box that allows you to check run as administrator ...tick it
- Do the same for DBControllpanel.exe and Holdemmanager.exe

babyainzi
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
go to this address on your computer C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

- Towards the bottom theres a box that allows you to check run as administrator ...tick it
- Do the same for DBControllpanel.exe and Holdemmanager.exe

that tab is grey, and it doesn't let me click it

netsrak
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
If you scroll up in this thread you see our previous answers for this.

But if your Hud just isn't working for 1-2 tables you should skip this UAC thing and focus on Fozzys first answer with a lot of questions / informations we need to help you.