PDA

View Full Version : HM only starts after I stop & start Postgres

Roelkulk
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I can't start HM because it says it has no connection with the database. Each time I want to start it I have to go to services, stop PostgreSQL and start it again, after HM does work.

Can I fix this? its a bit annoying having to stop and start the PostgreSQL each time.

Thanks!!

fozzy71
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

Make sure the PostgreSQL service is also on automatic.

Roelkulk
02-03-2010, 09:52 AM
First of all thanks for your reply:)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
I use Windows XP, Threatfire & AVG

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

'startup type: automatic' This was already on. The problem is that HEM doesn't work the first time. It only works when I manually stop the service & start it again and then load HEM.

Make sure the PostgreSQL service is also on automatic.

How do I do this?

netsrak
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
In windows services where you checked the secondary logon service too.