PDA

View Full Version : HEM causing tables to freeze.

PETERN1982
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi, when im using hem whilst playing, every 20 mins or so the tables will freeze for around 90 secs causing me to lose all pots im in and time out every table. When i play without hem running i have no problems but obviously no HUD which i dont like. Iv tried all the advice i can see on this site, disabled windows defender, unistalled my anti-virus software to see if that was causing it, reinstalled new version of hem to replace old etc but nothing works. Iv kind of been putting up with it for a while but today a 'freeze' caused by hem cost me a massive pot. Any ideas whats causing this and what i can do?

Thanks for any help you can give

netsrak
02-01-2010, 08:13 AM
* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer the questions http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work

PETERN1982
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
yeah as i said iv read everything i can find on these forums, iv seen this answer a few times, and the problem still occurs. Is it possible the postgressql is causing it?

PETERN1982
02-02-2010, 07:47 PM
can anyone help? Iv read all your copy and paste answers and followed every instruction i can but i still get tables freezing. It's becoming unbearable, i have to play half my sessions with HEM turned off.

PETERN1982
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Also that link you gave with the questions is irrelevant to me. My HUD works fine when the tables are not freezing every 20 minutes.

_Loki_
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Most of these questions are irrelevant to your case, but some of the answers to these questions would help support to help you. Why not at least do 11. & fill in all the questions ? 5 minutes work

1. What version of Holdem Manager are you using?

2. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?

3. Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)

4. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?

5. Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.

6. Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.

7. If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database.

8. Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?

9. If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?

10. Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.

11. Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
How old is your DB? What version of PostgreSQL? It couldn't hurt to try a new DB for some testing, or perhaps even a clean reinstall of postgresql. If you opt for the latter, please make sure you export and backup everything from your current DB like hands, summaries, notes, HUDs, etc.