PDA

View Full Version : Some settings have reverted to default

_Loki_
01-31-2010, 04:19 PM
I have just opened HM & some non-critical settings have returned to default on the 'Options' menu

Interestingly the changes are exactly the same as the ones that happen to my HM whenever I update to a new beta - but this time I didn't update - I've been on the new beta (1.10.01) since when it was available

Changes:
* Options > Miscellaneous Options > 'Change achive duration' has defaulted back to 15 from 3
* Options > Sidebar Settings > Defaulted back to all 8 boxes being ticked when I only have 2 ticked
* Options > Auto rate > 'enable autorate' is unchecked

Also...

*On my 'Import' page an advert for Table Ninja with an 'Install Table Ninja' button has appeared. I don't know if this happened today though

Q1. How do I get rid of the Advert ? !!!
Q2. Is it possible that your automatic online verification of my licence when I opened HM today has caused the lost settings or have I caused this ?

_Loki_
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Advert hidden when I re-applied my preferred sidebar settings & closed/re-opened HM

Would like answer to Q2 though

Thnx

netsrak
02-01-2010, 08:12 AM
When the activation screen opens some of the settings are indeed resetted.

_Loki_
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
I didn't watch HM open up so I only guessed it was to do with the licence validation

The 'activation screen' is what happens when rvg checks my licence ?
How often does it get checked by rvg - every 2 weeks ?
What is being done about it changing some settings - is a fix planned ?

netsrak
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't mean the normal background check, it may only happen when you switch from a registered to a non-registered version and back.

So in your case i don't know why your settings where lost or did you switch to a different database?

_Loki_
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
i have 5 or 6 DB's & i switch between them often
when i switched DB's today for example these settings under 'options' were preserved

i haven't changed my licenced computers this year

netsrak
02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
we had some reports about lost settings with 1.10x and we are investigating it but at the moment i have no more explanations.

_Loki_
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Netsrak thank you - I really appreciate the high standard of support here supplied by you guys (I think you are all guys?)

netsrak
02-03-2010, 06:12 AM
As far as i know we are all guys ;)

_Loki_
02-03-2010, 09:13 AM
When RVG is listed on the stock exchange & you are all brought together for a massive 'knees up' you can find out & let me know

You might have to 'check under the hood' as the Yanks say :)

_Loki_
02-05-2010, 04:16 AM
updated to 1.10.02 & every aspect of my settings was preserved
Also those pesky add-ons & tabs that I've hidden have REMAINED hidden

This is a big improvement over all previous updates that I've encountered with HM 10/10