PDA

View Full Version : Error on initial DB update

Homerow
01-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Hello. I apologize if this is somewhere else and I missed it, but I couldn't find it.

First, my graph stopped graphing the entire month (would only do the current day, no matter which timeframe I selected), so I downloaded the latest HmBetaUpdate.exe file yesterday. After I installed and opened up HEM, it prompted me to update the DB, and then it gave me this error:

' An error occurred: ERROR: XX000: could not create temporary file "base/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp2948.0": No such file or directory '

I hit OK, then it says the change has been completed, and HEM opens. Now if I click on graph, I get this error:

' An error occurred while formatting the chart: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. '

I hit OK and then no matter what I choose, it still just shows 1 day.

Also, if I close HEM and open it back up, it asks me to update the DB again, and it starts back over w/ the errors. Should I reinstall the program or do something w/ my database or what??

Thanks,

Will

Homerow
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Thought I would add that I'm running Windows XP Home and have all admin priviledges. I have Postegrwhatever version 8.3 and had never had any issues w/ it.

netsrak
02-01-2010, 06:55 AM
Your database is damaged.
Please try a reindex via pgadminIII -> maintenance
If that doesn't help you will need to create a new database and reimport all your hands.
If that doesn't help you will need to reinstall Postgresql.
If that doesn't help you should run a chkdsk to repair your database (use google for further informations about chkdsk)
If that doesn't help you need a new harddisk.