PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Windows 7

ZoolooZ
01-31-2010, 08:18 AM
I just got new comp with Windows 7 and installed hem. It worked imediately after instalation. After installing windows updates and restarting comp it stoped working. It could be something to do with updates or simply a coincidence. The error message i get is Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1. I realise that this is a common problem but i cant find any walkthrough fixes for windows 7 all are vista based fixes. I have unistalled all virus scanners etc for example macafee and norton, and installed avast as it was stated that it is not known to cause any problems with hem. Also i have upgraded to the latest beta version to no avail, same probs. Also when i boot up comp it now gives me the option of choseing my usual log on and the option of logging into progress (perhaps spelling wrong).

Im sure its something simple, probably to do with windows firewall or defender but cannot figure out what to do as dont have vista.

Edit : I have managed to add exceptions in windows firewall and defender. Also managed to disable them compleatly. Has not fixed problem. All i can think now is that it must be to do with update and u will be releaseing fix.

Edit 2 : Have uninstaled avast so now have no virus scanner. still not working.

Edit 3 : When i go into services and try to start PostgreSQL i get this error message : Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service on Lochal Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond in a timely fashion.

Any help would be greatly apreaciated. Thanks

Seams like i have tried everything. Spent about 4hrs on it. Getting well frustrated. Tempted to do a compleate reformat of comp which isnt ideal at all.

fozzy71
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
I just got new comp with Windows 7 and installed hem. It worked imediately after instalation. After installing windows updates and restarting comp it stoped working. It could be something to do with updates or simply a coincidence. The error message i get is Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1. I realise that this is a common problem but i cant find any walkthrough fixes for windows 7 all are vista based fixes.

The fixes are all the same. The only differences might be how you go about getting to some of the things, if the Windows menu's have changed.

I have unistalled all virus scanners etc for example macafee and norton, and installed avast as it was stated that it is not known to cause any problems with hem. Also i have upgraded to the latest beta version to no avail, same probs. Also when i boot up comp it now gives me the option of choseing my usual log on and the option of logging into progress (perhaps spelling wrong).

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-user-accounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/

Im sure its something simple, probably to do with windows firewall or defender but cannot figure out what to do as dont have vista.

Edit : I have managed to add exceptions in windows firewall and defender. Also managed to disable them compleatly. Has not fixed problem. All i can think now is that it must be to do with update and u will be releaseing fix.

Edit 2 : Have uninstaled avast so now have no virus scanner. still not working.

Edit 3 : When i go into services and try to start PostgreSQL i get this error message : Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service on Lochal Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond in a timely fashion.

Any help would be greatly apreaciated. Thanks

Seams like i have tried everything. Spent about 4hrs on it. Getting well frustrated. Tempted to do a compleate reformat of comp which isnt ideal at all.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

Try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

If this wasn't a new install I would give you steps on how to try and save your DB, but in your case just being connected and stable will be good.

Try to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands using these instructions:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator

net user postgres /delete
B) Reboot.
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe