PDA

View Full Version : Problem importing after fresh instalation and new version

Spec
01-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi,

I bought a new PC and tried to restore a DB there. These are the steps I folllowed:

1. On Friday afternoon I made a backup of database in version 1.09 (old PC - Windows XP)

2. I saved the file into a DVD and in the new PC (Windows XP) I started a restore in a fresh instalation of HM version 1.10.01

3. While the restore was running on Friday night I played some hands in the old PC which were imported correctly in the old HM version 1.09 (but they were not obvisouly in the backup being restored at that time).

4. Apparently the restore in the new PC worked well.

5. So the only thing missing in the new PC was to import those hands of Friday night. It was a simple task but this is where the problems started.

6. I picked the Stars files of Friday night and when I tried to import them into the new HM Version 1.10.1 I always got impor errors and those hands were not imported, although they were imported correctly on Friday night, still in the old PC (version 1.09)

7. I had an idea to turn this around which was to go to the old PC (version 1.09) and export the hands of Friday night. I did the export and it was OK.

8. However when importing those to the new PC (version 1.10) it gave also the same import errors, precisely the same like when I tried to import directly from Stars files.

Is there any kind of incompatibility between version 1.09 and 1.10 which doesn't allow to export from one and import to the other ?

Any idea by this description of what may have happened ?

Thanks
Spec

Spec
01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
Some additional experience:
1. In old PC I made the update from version 1.09 to 1.10
2. Exported hands of Friday night
3. Imported them into the new PC

Same import errors reported and those hands don't appear. I thought that having the same version in both PCs could solve teh problem but it's not te case.

Regards
Spec

netsrak
01-31-2010, 08:05 AM
There are no incompatibilities between 1.09 and 1.10.
Sounds like your database creation went wrong - thats how it should work:
- on your new PC open pgadminIII
- connect to the database server via clicking on it.
- create a new database using the same coding as on the old PC (usually SQL_ASCII or UTF8, for SQL_ASCII you need to use template0)
- restore your backup
- Start Holdemmanager and connect to this database.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

If that fails create a new empty database via Holdemmanager and reimport all your hands.

Spec
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks I will try that.

Does the name of the database in the new PC have to be the same name than the old PC ?

netsrak
02-01-2010, 07:40 AM
The name doesn't matter, only the coding is important.