PDA

View Full Version : 1.10.01 + Win7: HEM icon replaced with default

gazillion
01-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi there,

This is only a cosmetic issue as far as I can tell, but it's kind of annoying and I'm wondering if it's a local issue with my system or a known bug:

I'm running Win 7 in a fairly standard Aero configuration, and after successfully installing 1.10.01 from scratch on a clean OS installation I pinned HEM to the taskbar. It seemed to be fine for a while up to a point where I restarted my machine (the 3rd or 4th restart after installation), at which point the nice new HEM icon in the taskbar had been replaced with that ugly old default windows *unknown filetype* icon of a white sheet of paper with it's top right corner curled over, and a nasty old win 3.1 window on it (you know the one!!!).

Anyway, it's not stopping HEM from working or anything, but it is kinda ugly having to look at this nasty old icon in my taskbar all day long. Any idea what the problem might be (and ideally how to fix it!!)?

Cheers!

netsrak
01-31-2010, 08:12 AM
You are the first reporting this so i assume its not a general problem.

Right click on the HM icon and choose the correct icon

gazillion
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid I don't understand your fix though. When you say "Right click on the HM icon and choose the correct icon", I assume you mean the .exe file in C:/Program Files/RVG Software/Holdem Manager and not the icon on the taskbar? I tried both anyway and both bring up different context menus, none of which pertain to changing icons. I assumed the most obvious place to do this would be under the properties dialogue of the .exe, but while it shows the original, unspoilt icon there on the general tab, there's no way of selecting or changing it. Could you please be more specific with your instructions, because if I follow them as they are I quickly arrive at a dead end :o

Thanks!

netsrak
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I tried it on my own and wasn't able to change it too.

I suggest you wait for the next update of HM and hopefully this will be fixed with the update.

vinnie2k
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm running Win 7 in a fairly standard Aero configuration, and after successfully installing 1.10.01 from scratch on a clean OS installation I pinned HEM to the taskbar. It seemed to be fine for a while up to a point where I restarted my machine (the 3rd or 4th restart after installation), at which point the nice new HEM icon in the taskbar had been replaced with that ugly old default windows *unknown filetype* icon of a white sheet of paper with it's top right corner curled over, and a nasty old win 3.1 window on it (you know the one!!!).

Confirmed.

reemas
03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
fresh install of windows 7. fresh install of the latest HEM, and after a couple restarts i have the generic icon for HEM.

i went to properties and selected the correct icon, but it doesn't actually update the icon for some reason.

i have admin rights.

morny
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi this is a known bug with Windows 7 and icons, were looking into it

reemas
03-09-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for confirming. i found a temporary fix. after right clicking and changing the icon to the same HEM icon that doesn't show, instead of hitting save, hit APPLY, then save. took a couple tries but worked.

exalted
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I have this same issue with HEM on Windows 7. Although the issue is only cosmetic, I find it really annoying! That "white" icon definitely messes with my OCD or something.

I tried rightclicking, but found no way to change the picture of the icon so I couldn't figure out that "temporary fix" either.

ugh.