PDA

View Full Version : Importing .txt files

jenkulle
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
I exported a bunch of hands from previous DB and tried to import the folder with HEM in my new database... when doing this, speed is really slow, about 10-15 hands/s same thing when I import other .txt files... use to take like 1h00 to go through 400 files and now it start saying 5 hours for 130 files and end up being like 2hours...

Also, when I import normal HH .txt files everything works good, but when I import .txt files that were EXPORTED from a previous DB now it either end up having 80% import error and 20% duplicate hands or 50-50... but I do get 0% new hands imported... and again can't be slower then that

I've just done all of the 10 speed performance and use antispyware and such...

thanks for your help

fozzy71
01-29-2010, 07:13 PM
I exported a bunch of hands from previous DB and tried to import the folder with HEM in my new database... when doing this, speed is really slow, about 10-15 hands/s same thing when I import other .txt files... use to take like 1h00 to go through 400 files and now it start saying 5 hours for 130 files and end up being like 2hours...

The files exported by HEM are often somewhat large in size. HM imports smaller files easier/faster than it does big files. Do you have all your archived/original hands?

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Try importing those hands to a new DB.

Also, when I import normal HH .txt files everything works good, but when I import .txt files that were EXPORTED from a previous DB now it either end up having 80% import error and 20% duplicate hands or 50-50... but I do get 0% new hands imported... and again can't be slower then that

What version of HEM are you using and what sites do you play? It's best to import your original hands from the archive if you can. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.