PDA

View Full Version : 1.12.10b--Error message after updating

Chips8
06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I just updated to 1.12.10b. It said I had to initialize and I just this error message:
"An error occurred while updating your DB (returned amount support) ERROR: 53100: could not write block 83092 of temporary file. No space left on device. Please close down any programs accessing the database and relaunch Holdem manager"

I relaunched twice with the same message. I have about 7GB free on my C: Drive now. What can I do to fix it or revert back to my previous version?

Patvs
06-14-2012, 10:31 PM
If you database is 20 GB... HoldemManager will need about 19 GB of free disk space to perform the database update.
What's the size of your Program Files/PostgreSQL folder?

Chips8
06-15-2012, 12:33 AM
If you database is 20 GB... HoldemManager will need about 19 GB of free disk space to perform the database update.
What's the size of your Program Files/PostgreSQL folder?

The PostgreSQL folder size is 48.9GB. I only have about 9GB free now. What are my options? Should I undo the update and how would I do so?

Sarek
06-15-2012, 11:52 AM
You can not undo this update.
The only way now is new database.
Please go to HM install folder, run dbcontrolpanel.exe - connect - and create.

Chips8
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Can you be more specific? Thanks. Besides for my C: Drive (80GB SSD), I have a 580GB regular D: Drive

1) Which drive should I put the new database in?
2) Should I just buy a bigger SSD (160GB maybe) and install the new DB there?
3) Have I lost all my data? If the data in my SSD is unrecoverable, how should I delete it?

Patvs
06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
You have 3 options:
-1 downgrade to 1.12.09: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/426/DownloadLinksForPastBuilds (then EXPORT all your hands... in Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Select New Database--> (set it as default)--> EXPORT HANDS)
-2 move the database to your D:/ drive so you have enough space to finish the update: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/MoveDatabaseToAnotherHardDriveOrPartition

-3 Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager (this empty database will already have the new database structure)
Then delete the old database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create%7B47%7DDeleteDatabase
(which will free up 48 GB)
Then reimport your handhistories into the new database

Chips8
06-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Running into another problem:

1) I downgraded to 1.12.09 but when I tried to auto-import new hands or import HHs, I got "Player Hand error: error 25Po2." So I assumed my DB was corrupt. I re-indexed it and exported all my hands/notes/HUD.

2) I then moved my DB to my D: drive and updated to 1.12.10b.

3) I created a new DB in my D: drive. Before deleting the old DB, I reimported my HHs into the new DB.

I started the process 25 hours ago. It started off by saying X of 31 large files have been processed. Then it went to X of 32, X of 27, then X of 14. It's now at 10 of 17. Going from say '9 of 17' to '10 of 17' takes about 15 mins. It seems like it's stuck in some endless loop now.

What should I do now?

netsrak
06-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Stop the import and import the files 1 by 1 to see if there is a problem with one of the files.

Chips8
06-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Well, some other problems.

1) The loop finally ended after about 36 hours in total and I played some hands and they import but I can't see them in either Reports or Sessions tab. I have it set to "No Filters." I can see my new hands in the "Vs Players" tab only.

2) Also a bigger problem is that I decided it was ok to delete my old DB and free up the 48GB on my C-drive. I followed the instructions you gave me (keeping my new DB) and no change happened to my C-drive. Its still the same size. I think my D: Drive did decrease in size, implying that the old DB was deleted from my D-drive. I'm not sure what's going on there.

fozzy71
06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, some other problems.

1) The loop finally ended after about 36 hours in total and I played some hands and they import but I can't see them in either Reports or Sessions tab. I have it set to "No Filters." I can see my new hands in the "Vs Players" tab only.

Filter > Clear and then Filter > Use for all (even if it appears that no filters are currently set). Also try enabling the Options > Settings... > Miscellaneous > [x] Auto apply filter changes to all tabs

2) Also a bigger problem is that I decided it was ok to delete my old DB and free up the 48GB on my C-drive. I followed the instructions you gave me (keeping my new DB) and no change happened to my C-drive. Its still the same size. I think my D: Drive did decrease in size, implying that the old DB was deleted from my D-drive. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Use Windows Explorer to manually delete the C:\program files\postgresql\8.x\data folder. Deleting the database via pgadmin deleted the active database that you copied to the D: drive but the original is still on the C: drive.

Chips8
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
"Filter > Clear and then Filter > Use for all (even if it appears that no filters are currently set). Also try enabling the Options > Settings... > Miscellaneous > [x] Auto apply filter changes to all tabs"

Still having that problem. I can only see hands in the "vs Players" tab. Other tabs are empty.

Patvs
06-19-2012, 07:20 PM
On which site were these hands played?
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

Chips8
06-20-2012, 01:20 AM
It's Party and PostSQL 8.4.

Even when I go back and search for hands in the last 18 months, nothing shows up in Reports/Sessions/Graphs. I played hands on Will Hill too.

The date formatting of my computer was set to English (U.S)--M/d/yyyy.

netsrak
06-20-2012, 05:25 AM
No idea whats going on with your database. Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Chips8
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Ok, emailed.

fozzy71
06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Ok, emailed.

Someone will reply to your email soon to setup a remote support session.