PDA

View Full Version : Problems updating to 1.10.01/perhaps underlying problem predating the update

pellshek
01-29-2010, 12:19 PM
My 1.10 was acting up this morning - it kept hanging and when I tried to close/reopen it it would just hang on the "Initialising" splash page with a "Not responding" message. Rebooting my computer didn't fix the problem. I noticed someone else started a thread today with a similar problem and Fozzy recommended updating to 1.10.01:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=25409

But when I try to do the new installation, I get a series of 5 error messages during the installation reading: "The package was unable to replace the following file..."

"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/DevCompanants.DotNetBar2.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/HMImport.exe"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/monoSecurity.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/Npgsql.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/System.Data.SQLlLite.DLL"

When I click OK each time, the installation completes but when I try to open HEM it will then once again hang at the Initialising splash page, as it did with the original 1.10 problem. I tried to re-install back to 1.10 and the same 5 message come up during that installation too.

I am on Vista, I have not changed any settings since my HEM 1.10 was last working (Run as Admin etc). I play on iPoker.

I am unable to tell whether my initial problem with 1.10 is the issue, or whether the new 1.10.01 install is the problem, but considering 1.10 won't now re-install and was playing up this morning before I tried to update it I think there is some underlying problem pre-dating the 1.10.01 install attempt as the hanging "Installation" splash page is the common problem with both.

Thanks.

fozzy71
01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
My 1.10 was acting up this morning - it kept hanging and when I tried to close/reopen it it would just hang on the "Initialising" splash page with a "Not responding" message. Rebooting my computer didn't fix the problem. I noticed someone else started a thread today with a similar problem and Fozzy recommended updating to 1.10.01:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=25409

But when I try to do the new installation, I get a series of 5 error messages during the installation reading: "The package was unable to replace the following file..."

"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/DevCompanants.DotNetBar2.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/HMImport.exe"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/monoSecurity.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/Npgsql.dll"
"....C:ProgramFile/RVG/HEM/System.Data.SQLlLite.DLL"

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder