PDA

View Full Version : How do I select the 'merged popup'

Dodgyrocker
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Sometimes when I click on my stats a strange pop-up appears. It usually happens if for example I click just on the edges of a stat or 'between stats' if that makes sense. Anyway, the strange pop-up that appears apears to be a merged pop-up of all the different pop-ups that are available. So it is pretty big and had the preflop popup stuff at the top, then underneath the steal popup stuff, then post flop, showdowns etc etc. In other word it just looks like all the default popups have been merged together into one giant popup.

Like I said, this giant popup just seems to appear randomly when I am trying to bring a different popup up but don't click accurately enough. But I actually really like this 'merged popup'. So my question is - how can I set this popup to come up deliberately when I cliick on particular stats? I cannot see it anywhere in the popup selection dropdown menu.

netsrak
01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Its the Default main or sample popup. Its connect under Hud Options -> player preferences -> choose your hud -> appearance -> Main Popup.

You can connect it to every stat you like at the same formular under stats -> Popup. It may be necessary to uncheck use oldstyle popup.

Btw. if you uncheck table preferences -> click for popup the popups for the stats appear when you hover with the mouse over them. One click on the Hud activates the main popup in this configuration

Dodgyrocker
01-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Ok, I can see the default main popup under the appearances tab. However, it is nowhere to be seen in the dropdown menu on the stats tab, so I cannot select it for individual stats. Have I accidentally deleted it or something?

fozzy71
01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Ok, I can see the default main popup under the appearances tab. However, it is nowhere to be seen in the dropdown menu on the stats tab, so I cannot select it for individual stats. Have I accidentally deleted it or something?

Just do as netsrak said:

hud options > tables preferences > [ ] click for popup

Btw. if you uncheck table preferences -> click for popup the popups for the stats appear when you hover with the mouse over them. One click on the Hud activates the main popup in this configuration

Hovering over an individual stat will show you the smaller, positional stats popup. Clicking on any stat will bring up the default main popup.

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Ok ty, but what if I want to set it up differently....

I want to leave it set to click for popup, but I want to set it so that this default popup appears when I click on certain stats. So for example, I might want to set it so that if I click on 'player name' this default popup appears. I have looked and looked, and I cannot see how to do this.

netsrak
01-30-2010, 06:54 AM
It must be there, see the picturehttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4081/mainpopup.jpg

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
But it isn't!! Honestly.

Not sure how to take a screenshot to prove this.

What can I do?

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Ok, I have taken a screenshot to show you that the 'DEFAULT Main Popup' really isn't there. No idea how to post it on here though - the only option for posting images seems to be asking for the url of the image. And the image is just saved to my desktop. Can I email the image to support?

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 07:44 AM
I have just emailed the picture to support. As you will see, it really is not there!! :(

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Incidentally... I have just asked a friend if the DEFAULT Main Popup appears on his dropdown menu... and he says it is not there on his either.

The only thing I can think of is that we both imported Al1's HUD from this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=4166

Is it possible that this resulted in the DEFAULT Main Popup being removed from the dropdown menu? This seems unlikely, but it is all I can think of. As you will see from the screenshot I sent to support, I am not making this up!

netsrak
01-30-2010, 10:00 AM
"Clone" the default popup in the Hud popup configuration and use this new Popup.

For posting screenshots you need to upload them to a hoster like imageshack

a.k.a.Also
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Just checked my setup - (1.10.01)
default popup not on my Player preferences>stats tab either -
but it does appear in the next tab along - Appearance

Dodgyrocker
01-30-2010, 11:00 AM
"Clone" the default popup in the Hud popup configuration and use this new Popup.

Ok, I have tried to do this - but the default popup does not appear in the HUD popup configuration either!

What is going on? It seems that I am not the only person who is experiencing this issue since someone else has posted saying the same thing. Do you think it is something we have done that has accidentally removed the popup from the dropdown menus? It seems very strange.

Can we download the default popup from anywhere and 'reinstall it' so to speak?

_Loki_
01-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Just checked my setup - (1.10.01)
default popup not on my Player preferences>stats tab either -
but it does appear in the next tab along - Appearance

ditto (1.10.01)

netsrak
01-31-2010, 08:24 AM
If you can display it it must be there - possibly it has a different name in a fresh installation of 1.10.01.

Its the Hud you find under Player Preferences -> Appearance -> Main Popup

Dodgyrocker
01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
If you can display it it must be there - possibly it has a different name in a fresh installation of 1.10.01.

Its the Hud you find under Player Preferences -> Appearance -> Main Popup

The thing is, it IS showing under the appearance tab. So it does definitely exist obviously. But that is not much help if we cannot access it at all. It is definitely not there in the dropdown menu for setting popups to stats, and it now seems clear that this is not just my issue but that other people are having the same problem.

In the short term (i.e. until the issue has been resolved) is it possible to download the popup from anywhere? Then I (and others) could just import it with a new name and use it that way....

fozzy71
01-31-2010, 11:23 AM
The Main Popup is hard-coded into HM. The only way to rebuild it is with a clean reinstall of HM.

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files. I would export any custom HUDs individually also.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files. Make sure you copied your HM backup files somewhere else.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

If it works you should be able to close HM, copy your current/default \Config folder as a precaution, and then paste your old \Config folder into it's place. This should restore your HM settings in the config file, HUDs, and any custom Popups, etc.

Dodgyrocker
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Ok... I have located this popup...

It is in the dropdown menu with the name 'sample'

fozzy71
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
The 'Sample' popup is very similar, but there are a few differences. I couldn't tell you which things specifically, but chances are you won't notice the difference.

Dodgyrocker
01-31-2010, 01:54 PM
The 'Sample' popup is very similar, but there are a few differences. I couldn't tell you which things specifically, but chances are you won't notice the difference.

Ok well that sorts things out for me I guess for the time being.

However, it is probably worth you looking into the overall issue of the popup disappearing from the dropdown menu. Because obviously this has not only happened to me but lots of other people too, and it is very strange....

Dodgyrocker
07-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Bumping this thread because I STILL have not managed to find this default main popup, and every single person I have asked has confirmed to me that they don't have it available on the dropdown menu either.

Could one of the moderators upload this popup and provide a link? That way myself and others can download this main popup and import it ourselves.

netsrak
07-12-2010, 07:18 AM
This popup is no longer available, it was replaced by the "sample" popups

Dodgyrocker
07-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Grrrrr....

It is still there clearly. There are two reasons why I know this.

1. It is showing up in the appearances tab under 'main popup' dropdown menu. It doesn't show anywhere else though.

2. Sometimes it pops up 'by accident' when I click on my HUD to bring up one of the other popups. For example, if I click right at the edge of one of my panes it usually brings up this popup (note - it is NOT the 'sample' one).

All I want is for someone to upload this popup so that I (and others) can download it and import it. Is this really not possible? I just don't want to have to create it myself.

morny
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi,

Its hard coded into the software so you cant load it, we made sample.pop which is basically a clone of it so you can use that instead.