PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question - what is this function?

gtsting
01-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Sometimes the opponents hands are shown to me after a hand is over. Usually after they muck. How does the program know what they had? What's going on with that?

Did i purchase a super secret edition that allows this xray vision after the hand?

_Loki_
01-28-2010, 08:26 PM
It's normal

You only get to see the holecards of opponents who go to showdown on the river. Suppose someone bets on the river - anyone still in who then folds will not have their holecards shown

HM gets the information from the site HH's imported to your HDD
If you look at a HH in your archive folder you will see that the opponents cards aren't named for anyone who doesn't go to showdown

EXCEPTION:

A player can choose to show his cards of course even if everyone folds to him

_Loki_
01-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Also live & online are not the same

http://www.learn-texas-holdem.com/questions/pulling-cards-from-muck-pile.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showdown_%28poker%29

One reason for the automatic online showing of hands that go to showdown is to tackle collusion between 2 players who bet up a pot to catch a 3rd player
It's going to be obvious this is going on if cards are shown & one of the players is forever going to showdown in 3-way pots with rags & his buddy is always involved in these type of pots

I'm not sure if I explained that well :)

gtsting
01-29-2010, 04:50 AM
thanks, makes sense. I think I actually do recall being able to see the opponents hands WITHOUT holdemmanager if you clicked the previous hand function... forgot about that

gtsting
02-09-2010, 12:44 AM
ok, 3 way action

flop comes 992

check, i check, button bets, fold, i fold, button wins... then it shows me j9 on the button? how does his hand get shown if we dont even go to turn?

morny
02-09-2010, 07:00 AM
The only way this would happen if the button showed hes cards, Holdem Manager only reads from the hand histories that the poker sites creates so you'll find if you look at their hand history its actually shown there.