PDA

View Full Version : Problem restoring backup database and/or importing old archive

drkamikaze
01-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I had to wipe my computer due to a virus. I backed up the database following the instructions on site. I have now reinstalled the same versions of HEM and postgres that I was running before.

I tried following the instructions on site to restore the db. I set up a new db with the default settings, ran the restore, got the error message, and hit cancel. However, when I open HEM none of the data is there.

I have also tried setting up ascii and UTF databases and trying to both restore and import the archive. The restore doesnt work and I get massive amounts of errors on the hand history archive. Again, no cash game data is imported.

Please help, thank you!

netsrak
01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
You need to create the new database via pgadminII and make sure you use the same coding as the original database. If its an older database this probably is SQL_ASCII.

If you want to import the handhistory files:
- make sure you are using Holdemmanager 1.10.01
- create a new empty UTF database in Holdemmanager
- import the hands via import file or import from folder.

drkamikaze
01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
You need to create the new database via pgadminII and make sure you use the same coding as the original database. If its an older database this probably is SQL_ASCII.

If you want to import the handhistory files:
- make sure you are using Holdemmanager 1.10.01
- create a new empty UTF database in Holdemmanager
- import the hands via import file or import from folder.

Ok, I created a new database via pgadminIII in ascii format and the restore still didn't work.

I also updated to Holdemmanager 1.10.01, created a UTF database in HEM, and tried importing the archive. Pokerstars hands seemed to import fine, but FTP and UB hands did not. I still wound up with massive errors and 0 hands on FTP and UB.

drkamikaze
01-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I also just tried again creating an ASCII database and restoring, and the program just seems to freeze for hours.

Ok, I created a new database via pgadminIII in ascii format and the restore still didn't work.

I also updated to Holdemmanager 1.10.01, created a UTF database in HEM, and tried importing the archive. Pokerstars hands seemed to import fine, but FTP and UB hands did not. I still wound up with massive errors and 0 hands on FTP and UB.

_Loki_
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Try this maybe:

Create a database called 'test' say & make it your DEFAULT database for now

Create three folders on your desktop call them ps, ftp & UB
Copy/Paste some (100?) ps hands only into the ps folder from your HM Archive
Do the same with ftp only hands into the ftp folder
& ub hands only into the ub folder

Try importing into the 'test' db from each folder seperately & see if it freezes for a particular folder

At least you will have a better idea what the problem is doing this

fozzy71
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Send me some of the archived/original hands that are giving you errors. Please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.