PDA

View Full Version : interesting/peculiar/very vexing problem

crimedawg27
01-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Ok, so for the new year, I upgraded to a dual monitor setup for my PC. Since doing so I've had a very strange bug which I've been unable to pin down. Essentially, whenever I start my second session after a restart, my tables start "locking down." I put it in parentheses because it's sort of hard to explain what I mean. My tables work perfectly. Actions still flows, all the cards are visible, and donks are stacking off left and right. The only problem is I can't click any of the action buttons. They appear but when I go to click them nothing works.

This is the latest addition to my correspondence with FTP's support. It essentially describes the problem and an experiment to pinpoint the problem.

I had this crazy idea that the reason I was being locked down, and my table was still working was because I wasn't getting the are you sure you want to leave, or the do you want to automatically post your blind, options. Thus, all my action keys were being locked down because that active window was taking precedent.

I set up an experiment where after my first session I would come back with just ftp running. I tried playing four tables and exiting after posting a blind. For up to three tables, I got the are you sure you want to leave button. Then on the fourth one it locked down. I got the program shup ( a pretty well known screenshot uploader ) to test my active window. The program will take a screenshot of whatever active window you have open, so, I went to a normal table I hadn't locked down and tested it. Worked just as expected and I got the full window. I then went over to the locked table and once again tried to take a picture of the table, but get this... The only picture taken was a small block of the table which was very much akin to the are you sure you want to leave box... Pretty much confirming my idea of a hidden box, but then I really lucked out and forgot to lock a table. I was booted after three orbits of sitting out and then I tried to close that table... viola!!! The table disappeared w/o locking down.

In the last hour, I went to 1/2c to try different combonations of HEM/ninja, ninja/FTP, FTP/HEM, and FTP/ninja. In every occurrence while running HEM and auto import I ran into this problem. While using Ninja and FTP, and just FTP bare, I didn't run into any hidden boxes. I can only assume it's a problem with HEM. I don't know if it's got something to do with dual monitors or?? It's been a very frustrating two weeks and I just want to play poker without having to restart my computer every hour.

oh, and yes I have the latest beta installed. Thank you for your time.

netsrak
01-28-2010, 06:52 AM
This doesn't happen if you have only one monitor installed?

In your 2 monitor configuration - does it happen only on one of the 2 monitors or on both?

Which operating system, graphics card etc?

crimedawg27
01-28-2010, 02:27 PM
This doesn't happen if you have only one monitor installed?

In your 2 monitor configuration - does it happen only on one of the 2 monitors or on both?

Which operating system, graphics card etc?

No, in the six months prior it never presented this problem.

It will happen on either monitor regardless of where the monitor starts/is.

I'm running XP service pack 2 w/a Nvidia Geeforce 6800 video card.

netsrak
01-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Please update your system (SVP3 , all windows updates).
Microsoft .net framework 3.5 SVP 1
Latest Nvidia drivers.
Disable any desktop themes or other custom layouts.

Holdemmanager 1.10.01