PDA

View Full Version : XP problems with HM/Postgres

jimmcman85
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
I am not exactly sure what my problem is, but my computer keeps freezing during various points of trying to get HM up and running.

First I dl'd the combo installer. My computer froze right before the install looked like it was about to be finished - this happened a couple times, but it still created an icon. I uninstalled HEM and then installed each program separately. Again, right before postgres looked like it was about to finish installing, my computer crashed, but it still created the program.

It created an icon for HM that looked like a spade. I was able to open this and get to the point where I tried to import hands to my database. While trying to import hands my computer kept freezing. First I tried importing a few thousand hands, but it also froze when I tried to import just one tournament's worth of hands. I was thinking postgres didnt install properly, so i want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. The problem is that it does not show up in my list of programs in the control panel 'Add/remove programs.' There is a folder for postgres and it appears to be working with HM, at least insofar as it prompts me for the password and accepts it. When I try moving the postgres folder to the trash, it says it cant do that either. When I uninstalled HM and then tried reinstalling the combo installer, it told me i needed to uninstall postgres before continuing.

QUESTION: How do I uninstall postgres in XP if it wont show up in "Add/Remove Programs' ?
Any other suggestions? Thanks much for any help.

edit: forgot to mention: when i click the uninstall program in the postgres folder, that does not work either.

netsrak
01-28-2010, 04:10 AM
There seems to be something wrong with your computer and / or your operating system installation so it doesn't make much sense to install Holdemmanager before you have this fixed.

For the uninstallation you should try a tool like www.revouninstaller.com.