PDA

View Full Version : New Computer HAVE to use force on top

entropy01
01-27-2010, 11:18 AM
This has never happened before but I HAVE to use force ontop to get my stats to continually keep showing. How do I stop this from happening?

netsrak
01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
You give us no informations about your system or whatever so i suggest you use the search function for similar problems.

entropy01
01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
You give us no informations about your system or whatever so i suggest you use the search function for similar problems.

Hey...easy there....I was playing, posting, and talking to someone on the phone all the while trying to tweak HEM to get it back to the way I had it on my old computer.

I search every time before I start a new thread...If I missed something, I apologize.

I have an Alienware Area 51 m15x (1st edition).

I am running Windows Vista SP2.

I've never had this problem on this computer before. I sent it in for repairs so the entire HDD had to be formatted. I have restored my database and everything is functioning properly except for the fact that during a hand the stats drop behind the window. Afterwards, between the end of the hand and the deal of the next hand, they reappear on top of the box. The only thing I could do was to click force on top...but as you know if you open any other window the boxes are in the way of what you are trying to look at. Thank you for any help that you may be able to lend me.

fozzy71
01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

entropy01
01-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Hey thanks for your reply, Fozzy. I am running AVG free trial of their internet security package...I'm not on that comp right now because I just can't take the problems with that thing (alienware....overpriced crap)...I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure I'm also running the AVG firewall...if not it would be vista's firewall...

That computer is running weird...Idk if you remember but I've posted about a right mouse click thing that happens where if you hold the button down for 5 seconds or more windows media center cranks up...and finding the way to uninstall it to free my mouse button up again is proving to be difficult...I'm pretty sure there is something fundamentally wrong with my actual computer if shortcuts are being redirected to where they're not supposed to be...and like I said it's an alienware so anything is possible...

I know everything is updated as I did that before I installed anything onto the HDD...

I will try the run as admin thing once I regain my patience to sit down with my top of the line piece of crap...seems like I may just have to deal with force on top until I can get my hands on a new computer...

Thanks for your help...sorry to vent.:mad: