PDA

View Full Version : 0 notes imported/changing default database

entropy01
01-27-2010, 05:28 AM
I backed up my notes in HEM by making an exported notes file. Once I tried importing on new computer I received a message saying 0 notes were imported. Also, I've never used this new installer where it does all of the postgres stuff for you. How do I change the default database to my newly restored database?

netsrak
01-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Notes are only imported for players you have in your database. So you need to import hands before importing notes.

To change the database: Options->Database management.

Courtney
02-10-2010, 05:21 AM
I am also getting the "0 notes updated" message. I have already restored my database. To update the notes, do I need to also re-import all my hand histories, or should restoring the database be enough?

Thanks!

entropy01
02-10-2010, 05:57 AM
I am also getting the "0 notes updated" message. I have already restored my database. To update the notes, do I need to also re-import all my hand histories, or should restoring the database be enough?

Thanks!

Yeah I never got the notes to import after importing hands...but I also never re-imported my hands either...so maybe that's it?

netsrak
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
The notes are connected to the players.
You need to have the players in the database to import the notes.

entropy01
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
The notes are connected to the players.
You need to have the players in the database to import the notes.

Right but I restored the database already...it even recognizes that I have x number of hands with a particular player...but then when I go to import my notes...I still get the error. Am I doing something wrong or forgetting something?

fozzy71
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
You did a backup/restore of the DB so the notes should be in the restored DB already, if it restored properly. The notes exports are used after you have imported all your hands to a new DB and want to restore your notes. The restored DB should have the notes that were in the database before it was backed up. If you find a player on the Players tab and Right-Click > Popup Player Details Window do they have notes on the Notes sub-tab?