PDA

View Full Version : # Players Report Filter

Ajax
01-27-2010, 01:44 AM
How do I filter to get just 6-max hands, or just full ring hands? Also, how does the # Players filter work?

I want to look at reports for just full ring hands, so I go to Filters -> Main Filters, and for # Players I select More Than 6. But that leaves me wondering whether or not all of my full-ring hands will show up in the filter, because sometimes a full-ring table is short-handed.

If I want to see only 6-max data, I choose Less Than 7, but that leaves me wondering whether or not some short-handed full ring data might get thru on this filter.

There is also an option for "Between." If I choose Between 4 and 8, do I get a combination of both 6-max and full-ring data?

I just do not understand how this filter condition works. It seems to me that a condition based on the number of seats at the table, rather than the number of players at the table, would make more sense.

netsrak
01-27-2010, 05:11 AM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=9

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/210/Additional+HUD+Filters

Ajax
01-27-2010, 07:47 AM
The first link was more relevant, because I need to filter for 6 max or full ring in the reports (not in the HUD), but it still does not get me what I need, because it forces me to use the WinningsSummary report.

I cannot use the WinningsSummary report. I need to use two or three other reports, and be able to filter for just 6 max or full ring. For example, choose the Overall report, and get only full ring data in the Overall report.

There is a filter under Filter -> Main Filters, and it is called "# Players". That is the closest thing that I can find, but I do not know how that filter works (see my first post above). In Filter -> Main Filters, we can choose many different options, and apply them to ANY report. Is there no way to apply the 6 max / full ring criteria to ANY report as well?

_Loki_
01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
My solution - which took 3 hours to set up & very little time to maintain is...

Creat multiple DB's based on game type (& stakes too if you like)

I copy my HM Archive hands to a 'pending' folder
I open the HH's using notes++
I search for instances of the word "6-max" (which appears once in each 6-max HH) & move those to my 6max folder
I search for "tournament" amongst what's left & move to my tournament folder
I then import each folder to the appropriate DB once a month

Well I USED to do what I've just described, but now that I've got the HH's split up into folders I simply play with the correct DB as default & change the default DB depending on the game. Obviously you can't do this if you play FR & 6max at the same time

Ajax
01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh no. This can't be the correct answer. (Well, I guess it could be, but I hope that it's not.)

netsrak
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
At the moment we have no other solution

_Loki_
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Look at these three examples:

1]

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=106215#post106215

2]

hello, I had a database where I only played Full Ring, then yesterday decided to play some 6max. Since I didnt want the hands to get combined since HEM doesnt seem to know the difference between the two, I made a new database and set it as default to open it and ran the import in that database. Everything went fine, I later set the original database as default and went back to Full ring, but then noticed that somehow the 6max hands had made their way into that database as well, and what is even weirder is that the session starts about 8 minutes later in this db than it actually started, and it's missing about 2/3s of the hands, I dont know how it got on this database and how the data was so bad either, but now I guess I want to know how to get rid of it and how to keep it from happening.

This was playing on PS too if that makes a difference..

Thanks

3]

Yeah I don't really understand why HEM STILL can't tell the difference between a 6max and 9max table. Poker Tracker 2 has been able to do it since the begining and this program is SO SOOOO much better than PT2.

And it's pretty simple in EVERY hand history it either says:

Table 'Isa II' 6-max Seat #1 is the button

or

Table 'Sigune' 9-max Seat #7 is the button

It's pretty easy to determine which table is 9max or 6max, is tihs going to be updated soon? If it is then you could get the accurate amount of VPPs based on what the table actually is.

_Loki_
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
btw...

In example 2 mellowyellow switched the default db's without checking that the HH's had finished being imported into the previous db so they went into the wrong db

B-Money
01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/337/Does+Holdem+Manager+distinguish+results+between+he ads+up%2C+6max+and+full+ring%3F

Think I made this just today as a matter of fact.

Enjoy,

_Loki_
01-28-2010, 01:11 AM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/337/Does+Holdem+Manager+distinguish+results+between+he ads+up%2C+6max+and+full+ring%3F

Think I made this just today as a matter of fact.

Enjoy,

I looked at your link B-Money & this doesn't work properly for me:

The easiest way to sort by common game types is to select Cash Games / Reports. In the Select Report Name from List dropdown, select Winnings Summary
As an example the filter 'thinks' that some of my 6max games are HU because only 2 seats are occupied. The 'size' column has HU, but they are 6max games

If a full ring game happens to only have 6 players will this filter classify it as 6max & split them from the other FR hands? I don't have any FR hands to try it with...

Ajax
01-28-2010, 05:32 AM
We need to be able to filter based on number of seats at the table. Number of players at the table is an okay filter, but number of seats is what we need, and currently we do not have it.

Ajax
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I posted in the rush support thread, and now I realize that what I asked in that thread was a continuation of the topic in this thread, so I copied two posts from the rush thread to continue the discussion here to keep it organized, and also so that I do not take the rush support thread off of topic.

Here are the two posts.

After playing a lot of full-ring rush, I decided to try 6-max rush, and I was surprised to see that I had some players show up in the HUD with many hands. Do the 6-max and full-ring hands always mix, or is this just something with the rush HUD that needs to be fixed?

I know that under HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters, there is "Filter for # Players," but I thought I did not need to use that because 6-max and full ring hands were already kept separate. Do I need to use this filter to keep the hands separate in the HUD?

yes, you need to use this filter.
HM doesn't differentiate between the table types, it only uses the number of players.

Given what I now know, I might create another database for 6-max, but first I have a few questions about the positional stats that get filtered from full-ring to 6-max.

Say that I go to HUD Options > Additional HUD Filters, and correctly apply the "Filter for # Players" filter so that I am getting stats only for when there were six players or fewer at the table. I see the toal number of hands in the HUD drop to the correct numbers. Then, I look at VPIP/PFR for the players whose stats had not been filtered before, but now are correctly filtered. Say that I had a player with over 1,000 hands before the filter, and now that I apply the filter he has only 20 hands. Those 20 hands would be from a full-ring table that had gone short down to six players, and so now the stats are showing up at the 6-max table.

I then look at VPIP/PFR by position. This player with 20 hands open-raised from UTG at the full-ring table when there were only six players seated. I think that his open-raise would cause full-ring middle position VPIP/PFR to increase. Is that correct, or did his full-ring early-position VPIP/PFR increase?

Now back to the 6-max table, but still looking at the same hand that has filtered in from the full-ring game. Does that same hand cause the 6-max early position VPIP/PFR to increase, or does it cause the 6-max middle position VPIP/PFR to increase?

_Loki_
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Good questions Ajax - can I add my questions too ?

Is it the plan to implement correct table-size type filters for cash at the same time as tourneys ?

When can we expect this to happen ?

** MellowYellow points out the effect on VPP's (SEE EARLIER POST) "It's pretty easy to determine which table is 9max or 6max, is this going to be updated soon? If it is then you could get the accurate amount of VPPs based on what the table actually is"
** MY OWN COMMENT: I am using FOUR databases at the mo & it's a right royal pain because switching DB's is not seamless in HM

morny
03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Currently HM only filters based on number of players and not table type. We will try and add this but i have no ETA at the moment, since we currently dont collect the type of table it would require a database restructure to add this

If i play 1 hand at 6max table and im UTG and the next hand i play on a 9 max and im UTG2 then my EP VPIP would be 100% so it dosent separate 6max from 9max

Using no of players filter you could filter out 6 max game by looking for where players > = 7 or you could filter out 9max by where players <=6 but again that filter is based on the no of players and not the game type like 6max, 9max

When we do filter by game type then we will be able to solve most of your issues pointed out above but ive no ETA at the moment.

Ajax
03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
If i play 1 hand at 6max table and im UTG and the next hand i play on a 9 max and im UTG2 then my EP VPIP would be 100% so it dosent separate 6max from 9max

Sorry, but I did not understand your answer.

1. If I am playing at a full-ring table and looking at the HUD, and there are only six players at the table, and the first opponent opens for a raise, does his early pos VPIP/PFR increase, or does his middle pos VPIP/PFR increase?

2. If I then move to a six-handed table, and look at the same opponent in the HUD after his data is filtered in using Additional HUD Filters set to allow only 6 players and no more, will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max ealy pos VPIP/PFR, or will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max middle pos VPIP/PFR?

Ajax
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Loki,

I have two questions about this post here:

Well I USED to do what I've just described, but now that I've got the HH's split up into folders I simply play with the correct DB as default & change the default DB depending on the game. Obviously you can't do this if you play FR & 6max at the same time

Were you able to actually get the different HH's to download from the poker site to your PC into different folders, or do you have to do some folder maintenance each time you play 6-max and full ring during the same day?

You also mentioned that you have a separate DB for tournament. Do tournament hands need to be separated too, because their stats mix in with cash hands?

_Loki_
03-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Hi Mr. Ajax Sir

More detail than you asked for, but what the hell...
Were you able to actually get the different HH's to download from the poker site to your PC into different folders I wish ! Player notes are central to my game rather than stats & I write loads of them during play using shorthand [are you the guy who has 64 HUD stats & wants 128 :) ?]

I write notes in HEM notes & colour-code in PS notes. This restricts me to three tables because that's the maximum I can observe intelligently. So it's vital I select profitable tables. One bad table choice out of three removes the profit. With that in mind...

####
MY POKER PLAYING LAPTOP:
I used to play only 6max, but now I'm branching out into all kinds of games. I manually switch DB's if possible, but if I'm playing FR & 6max at once (for example) then for my purposes the HEM filters are not good enough. After a days' play is over & I'm sure all the HH's have imported - I manually move my HH's out of the HM archive into the relevant folders (game type) & subfolders (year, month, day) with a good free file manager that can display 4 windows at once [although I might move to xplorer2 lite]. I use NotePad++ to edit my PS notes file in one hit every week or so - to assign colours to PS player notes (based on fishy qualities or players too smart for me) viewable in the PS lobby for table selection purposes. Notepad++ allows me to colour-code any number of PS player notes at once. This means I haven't got to do it while I'm playing & I'm still working on the colours to use & adding extra colours into PS is something I'm going to look at next (or even icons in the PS lobby ?). I'm mad keen on sitting at ideal tables in ideal seats so I do a lot of analysis of my main cash cow villains (& winning players) away from the tables & I'm still working on a definition of an ideal table (for my style of play). In other words I have a kind of table scanner arrangement for free & to suit my needs.

####
I also take these sorted HH's & load them onto my MY POKER ANALYSIS & BACKUP LAPTOP:
Where I have a more complex arrangement of DB's where I investigate different villain playing styles by analysing groups of players aliased together

####

You also mentioned that you have a separate DB for tournament. Do tournament hands need to be separated too, because their stats mix in with cash hands? I'm not the guy to ask - yet. My provisional answer is... not that I'm aware of - I imagine it can be filtered ? It's not an issue yet because I'm a beginner in tourneys so I'm not bumping into that yet. I have a tourney DB to keep the player names/notes apart. As far as I can tell each DB has its own player HEM notes. I'm assuming that a players HEM notes in one DB doesn't write to the same players HEM notes in another DB. I also have 4 different PS Notes files based on game type (all colour-coded differently) which I swop in & out of the PS folder depending on what I'm playing :)

####

The Minder
03-10-2010, 02:28 AM
@ Ajax and Loki

This 6/9 players/seats thing has always stuck in my craw. Fwiw it effects tourney players too and the sooner it gets fixed the better we'll be. Atm, the HUD and reports are presenting inaccurate data... which is not good.

Ajax
03-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Once I get some more details, I might decide to just keep all the hands in one database. It depends on a few of the details, and whether or not I decide that I want to see the full ring stats of players when they filter into a 6-max table. In some ways I think it is fine, but in other ways it is not good. I want more stats on the players, plus the stats when the first three players fold might still accurately reflect play at a six-max table but that is probably dependent on the player so maybe not.

I need more information to figure it out (like the questions I have above), plus some time to think about it too.

morny
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry, but I did not understand your answer.

1. If I am playing at a full-ring table and looking at the HUD, and there are only six players at the table, and the first opponent opens for a raise, does his early pos VPIP/PFR increase, or does his middle pos VPIP/PFR increase?

2. If I then move to a six-handed table, and look at the same opponent in the HUD after his data is filtered in using Additional HUD Filters set to allow only 6 players and no more, will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max ealy pos VPIP/PFR, or will I see that the above hand has increased his 6-max middle pos VPIP/PFR?

1) Hes EP stat increases.

2) If you set the hud filter to 6 players (thats not 6max its just 6 players) then it will filter out all hes 9max tables where there was 7-9 players and so youll know hes EP stat was UTG in a 6 handed game and dosent include full ring hands. If you had no filter it would be a mix of full ring EP and 6max EP if he plays both.

If hes UTG in a 6 handed game it will never be anything else other than EP, we dont convert it in any way. If its 5 handed then UTG doesnt exist, the first person to act would me MP, if its 4 handed the 1st person to act is CO and so on

Ajax
03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
So in both of the above instances, the EP stat will increase.

Now, given all of the above, there are two similar situations at full-ring that need to be clarified.

1. When at a full-ring table, and the first three players fold and then the fourth player opens with a raise, his MP stat increases.

2. When at a full-ring table, and the first three players are sitting out and the first player to act opens with a raise, his EP stat increases.

Are both 1 and 2 correct?

morny
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
1) Yeah that sounds correct
2) Thats incorrect, if youve hand histories for this please email the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Ajax
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
No, I have no hand histories. I am just trying to get a good understanding about how the positions are determined. I have been unsure about this for a while, and I think that it is important, so thank you for all of your help.

The part that was a bit confusing to me is the exact way that position changes based on the number of players at the table when it is full-ring. PT3 does something similar, and I think that both applications got this part wrong. It is confusing, and it makes the results in the stats a little bit mixed up.

I think of position as being less dependent on the number of players at the table, and more dependent on the absolute distance from the button. In other words, I think of all sixmax tables as having no early position at all, and instead just MP1 and MP2.

I have a better understanding now, but am still not sure about the positions for seven and eight players.

When there are six players at the table:
EP MP CO BTN SB BB

When there are seven players at the table:
EP MP MP CO BTN SB BB is this one correct?
EP EP MP CO BTN SB BB or is this one correct?

When there are eight players at the table:
EP EP MP MP CO BTN SB BB is this one correct?
EP EP EP MP CO BTN SB BB or is this one correct?

When there are nine players at the table:
EP EP EP MP MP CO BTN SB BB

EDIT: I would also like to know the positions for when there are 5, 4, 3, and 2 players at the table.