PDA

View Full Version : firewall

Gig
01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi,

I'm using a new internet security suite now. And although i told the securitysoftware to ask for permission everytime another software wants to do sth., it doesn't do it. It just blocks - in this case - HEM to read the postgreSQL-DB. I wanted to give the firewall some manual exclusions, buut there are alot of .exe files in the postgre/bin folder. And i may have picked the wrong ones.

I would like to know which services to allow.

If its needed: Vista64 and Hem 1.10.00 and no problems of that nature before changing internet security.

Patvs
01-27-2010, 12:45 AM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Please also add Holdem Manager & PostgreSQL (postgresql.exe and pg_ctl.exe from the bin folder) to the exception list and forward (open) port 5432.

Gig
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Somehow it doesn't work.

The postgresql.exe i should add, doesn't exist, i have chosen postgre.exe and psql.exe instead from the \bin directory.

I also read some faq's (#91 mainly) and i'm using fsecure right now, only solution the faq had, was to uninstall fsecure. What else can i do?

Halp, plzzzz.

Patvs
01-27-2010, 05:56 PM
It should be postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe.

If the firewall is still blocking everything, two options:

-1 Add port 5433 as a firewall exception and reboot, install SQL on port 5433.
-2 UNINSTALL the Firewall, and just use Windows Firewall

Gig
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Ok i didn't work.

Luckily i'm only in trial mode of f-secure, but before uninstalling it and installing a different security suite i would like a recomendation from you guys which tool works with HEM.

Or tell me which should be avoided.

Bear in mind though, i will not use kaspersky, norton and mcaffee.
Tia.

Patvs
01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Don't use Kaspersky, ZoneAlarm, McAfee, Norton

Do use: Avira, AVG, Avast (all three are free) + Windows Firewall

Gig
01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks.

I do not like to use windows firewall, not good enough imo.

What about ESET, you have had any users having problems with postgre and eset?

What about the firewall of the premium version of avira?

Patvs
01-28-2010, 03:18 PM
All of those work fine.... (by the way Kaspersky, McAfee, and Norton also work fine with HEM) as long as you set the exceptions.

Don't let it interfere with port 5432, postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe, holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe (or even better the entire PostgreSQL and HoldemManager folder)

Gig
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks again, Pat.