PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Postgres related HEM Problem

BLOEUFFFF
01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
- For the past 3-4 months I've been experiencing sporadic problems with my postgres, generally accompanied with the messsage error, could not connect to port 127.0.0.1 (i may have the numbers wrong). Sometimes however, it would work fine and go straight onto HEM and I could experience times with no problems at all. When i experienced problems I downloaded the newest patch and generally that would provide a very short term fix to the problem, as it would work once, then after i'd closed holdemmanager it would mostly fail with a postgres error message, and occasionally work.

About a week ago HoldemManager stopped working alltogether, with the 127.0.0.1 message coming up repeatedly. I went to the FAQs and uninstalled all my antivirus, tried Windows Defender & Firewall, none of these seemed to be the problem. I uninstalled postgres and reinstalled postgres to no effect.

I then uninstalled holdem manager, uninstalled postgres and reinstalled using the latest combo installer. I am now able to get into the actual holdem manager. However, the newest holdem manager recognises no databases and has created its own with no data in whatsoever. Again I figured whilst this was annoying, I could live with that. Once again, Holdem Manager threw another problem at me and although it has detected all the hand history folders I wish to import from, when I click auto import and play, no hands are imported. When I've stopped and click import from folder manually, no hands are imported.

I am now wondering how I can fix HEM so that it will actually import hands, as that might be quite useful, and I am also wondering how I would be able to get all my hands from the previous databases (or even revert to those databases) because whilst not essential, that would definitely be a feature I'd like to know. I'm sure that with hours of my own input using FAQs I would eventually be able to fix this for a week or so, before postgres problems came about again or some other sort of bug, but ever since I bought Holdem Manager back in what was probably March of last year I have run into problem after problem with it, and I am currently reaching the end of my tether with it. Since I rely primarily on Poker for income, and am unable to play without an HUD as a multi-tabler, I feel that purchasing Holdem Manager has not cost me solely the initial purchasing cost, but at least 10 hours in my own time and frustration put into trying to fix it, and right now I'd like to hear from forum teams in order to get my HEM back up and running, and preferably with all my previous hands, and with a postgres that won't just fall apart any second.

I'm sorry to come across as such an ass in this post, but I'm really frustrated with the failures that i've consistently encountered in Holdem Manager, and would really like to have the product working without any worry of it failing on me in the near future. The fact that Holdem Manager has cost me at least ten times the purchasing cost in missed hourly rate is also infuriating, and as a result my anger is probably coming across in this post, so im sorry to whoever deals with this, as it's clearly not your fault, and I don't mean to berate you, I'm just generally voicing my frustration. If whoever helps me out could also provide me with some contact details for someone to whom I can send a formal complaint to, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and sorry once again,

Matt

netsrak
01-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.