PDA

View Full Version : New CPU--Help Needed..SRY

mjcace
01-26-2010, 10:07 AM
HI Guys,

I got a new cpu yesterday and am having some problems getting set up. I have been looking through the FAQS over and over but can not find the links I need. My old CPU ran Vista Home Premium and the New one has Windows 7 premium.

I have both cpu set up in the same room right now so hopefully this shouldn't be too much of a problem. The old CPU is offline is that matters.

what I've done:

I changed the 3 main files to run as an admins on windows 7.

I exported my database which took about 30 minutes, I am reimporting it into my new HEM PC now with a estimated time of 14 hours to finish(standard for large database?

I exported my notes and have the file onto my flash drive. Where should I copy them to?

Thats all I have done as of now. What do I need to do to transfer all my preferences over to the new database Is there any thing else I need to do? I already downloaded all my Poker sites onto the new machine and HEM said it set up the auto import folder.

I just copied my serial number from my old PC(HEM) and inserted into my new HEM and it seemed to work fine. Is this because I only had it one 1 PC?before?

Anything else I need to do to get this working back to normal? Thanks for any help and I apologize for not being able to figure it out myself.

Thanks again

netsrak
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Notes: Options->Notes->Import Notes->Import notes from exported Notes.HMnotes file
Settings: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/99/Reinstalling+HEM+without+Losing+Preferences+
Key: thats ok for now if you need to reset it you can use our registration system (link in my signature).
You should check the Auto-Import settings.