PDA

View Full Version : HUD pot odds as percentage (still) doesn't work

peanutman
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM
In the current "stable" version the "pot odds as %" checkbox does not work. If you check it and close the window, the box is unchecked again. I have then tried some beta versions: 68XX and also the latest 6948. The checkbox now works (it remains checked) but the odds are still displayed in the "X:1" format, and not as percentages.

I looked in the Config/prefs.xml file, and noticed odds_percent2="False", but setting it to True does not make a difference. I am hoping this gets fixed soon, as I'm not that fluent with non-percentage pot-odds. As I programmer I doubt that it's more than 15 minutes work.

I justed wanted to say that this bug still exists in the latest beta, and it's an important feature to me.

Thank you for listening

Patvs
06-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Try: HM2: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6971_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

peanutman
06-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Nothing changed, still seeing the odds as ratios. Tried unchecking/checking the checkbox, didn't work.

udbrky
06-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Did you check it in site options?

Please delete everything except for the database, notecaddydefinitions, backups and config folders, caddylayout, CaddySettings, ColorDefinitions and layout, NoteCaddyTags and noteDefinitionsLayout files in:
7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
You must show both hidden files and check unhide system files. See this:
How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

See this screenshot for location in 7 and the files you want to save:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/modload.PNG

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
For showing hidden files and unhide system files, see this:
Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

See this screenshot for location in XP and the files you want to save:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/modload_xp.gif

uninstall, reinstall this version:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/6971HM2Setup.exe

Please add holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe (in postgres\bin) and hmupdate.exe (available only during an update) to the list of exceptions in your firewall and antivirus.

Please make sure that you are running as an administrator.

You may need to uninstall your AV, install HM2, and reinstall your AV.

Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

peanutman
06-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I did the steps you suggested, but no progress. I even did a clean install, by removing the entire Roaming\HoldemManager folder before uninstalling/installing, but it simply doesn't work.

It is very easy to reproduce, I just installed a clean version of HM2 with the link you have me, I enabled live tracking for Pokerstars and checked "pot odds as %". Pot odds work but are still shown as ratios.

I attached my log here:
http://wilma.vub.ac.be/~rroels/log.txt

DogNamedBluff
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I have forwarded this issue to our bugs department for further investigation. It will be tested in the order in which it was received. We will reply back in this thread with our findings.

DogNamedBluff
06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
This is a known issue and it has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. While I do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-5161. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

User12
09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
+1 for HUD pot odds as percentage. This is probably useful for a lot of players who are more used to work with percentages. When you use the "rule of 2 and 4" for calculating your percentage odds it becomes easier to compare that number with your pot odds when this is displayed as a percentage.

fozzy71
09-09-2012, 12:02 AM
+1 for HUD pot odds as percentage. This is probably useful for a lot of players who are more used to work with percentages. When you use the "rule of 2 and 4" for calculating your percentage odds it becomes easier to compare that number with your pot odds when this is displayed as a percentage.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

Takezo
09-27-2012, 03:06 PM
+1 for pot odds as percentage, too. Please add my email to the ticket, too.

On a further note, I would like to have the possibility to display the opponent's bet size in terms of percentage of the pot instead of displaying the pot odds. Should be easy to implement.

fozzy71
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

On a further note, I would like to have the possibility to display the opponent's bet size in terms of percentage of the pot instead of displaying the pot odds. Should be easy to implement.

I have written this up as a feature request. This will be a low priority request so I can not give any sort of ETA for when/if it will be implemented.

HM-5759: Live Tracking Feature Request: Display bet size as percentage of pot instead of pot odds

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have implemented it.

Kel
10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm using Holdem manager from short time but I have the same problem, when I play with the HUD I don't see the "pot odds"
Could you advise me when you'll fix it?
Thank you in advance

fozzy71
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm using Holdem manager from short time but I have the same problem, when I play with the HUD I don't see the "pot odds"
Could you advise me when you'll fix it?
Thank you in advance

mamba
10-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Same problem here.
But then again I don't even know where to find the "pot odds as %" button.
Where is it please?

Kel
10-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Same problem here.
Where is it please?

The "buttons" are in HUD Options -> Site Option -> Live Tracking
I am using Ipoker network now and I have the same problem and another one, I saved in the Site Option an HUD for my games but HM2 doesn't remember the settings, I must select everytime game my HUD. I am not programmer but maybe that page does not working properly.
I downloaded (again) the latest version of the program but nothing is changed.

fozzy71
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Same problem here.
Where is it please?

This will hopefully be fixed in our next release. The developer has checked in a possible fix for it and we are waiting for testing to confirm the fix.

The "buttons" are in HUD Options -> Site Option -> Live Tracking
I am using Ipoker network now and I have the same problem and another one, I saved in the Site Option an HUD for my games but HM2 doesn't remember the settings, I must select everytime game my HUD. I am not programmer but maybe that page does not working properly.
I downloaded (again) the latest version of the program but nothing is changed.

What is the version number for the 'latest version' you are using? This is not fixed in the current public release 7318 and it was not yet fixed in the 7437 beta version we posted on the forums either. It will hopefully be fixed in our next release.

Regarding the HUD setup problems please read the Site Options FAQ -

I find it easiest to setup my HUD I want to use for the table by opening one table, clicking the Settings HUD Menu on the table, pick the preferred HUD from the drop-down menu, and click the 'use for all similar tables' button.

blueblub
10-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Could you also please notify me via email? I have been waiting for this feature for what feels like years...

Thanks in advance!
J.

KidWithNuts
10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey guys. Can you send me the ticket too? I have the same problem. Thanks.

DogNamedBluff
10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Pot Odds as % in Live Tracking should be fixed in the next release.

Kel
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm using the version 7318 and I tried the voice "using for all similar table" and that is very helpfull.
Ty

CanesVenaticy
11-14-2012, 07:00 PM

fozzy71
11-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I have added everyone's email address to the ticket to show the developers how popular this request is. Unfortunately it has not yet been resolved so I don't think this will be fixed in our next release like we previously suggested it would be.

blueblub
01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I can't believe this should be such a crazy thing to do. Any perspective when this will be available!?

Patvs
01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Pot Odds as % was fixed in october in build 7461. hud options--> site options--> turn on pot odds as %

Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/367641-2-0-0-7665-official-release-feedback-thread-29th-decemeber.html#post1631231

---

HM-5759 (Live Tracking Feature Request: Display bet size as percentage of pot instead of pot odds) is still an open ticket.

LAFAURIEA
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
hello
it still doesn't work on my side (MTT game), it works for 3 mn and then crashed or it never appears

Patvs
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
hello
it still doesn't work on my side (MTT game), it works for 3 mn and then crashed or it never appears

On which site are you playing? Did you also turn on live tracking?
Wh ich Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

LAFAURIEA
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
lve tracking; yes
Windows 7 64
Windows firewall holdem manager allowed
avast antivirus

Patvs
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
When it stops working, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

blueblub
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
What's the status here? It's still/again not working properly for me, displaying wrong pot odds :-( Is it supposed to be fixed by now?

Patvs
06-10-2013, 12:43 PM
HM-5759 to display bet size as a percentage of pot is still an open ticket.
Use the default pot odds instead as a temporary solution.

AdrenalineJ84
04-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Hi I think the "Pot odds displayed as percentage" option is showing the wrong values. For example I open in the CO to 3bbs and it folds down to the BB. There is 4.5bbs in the pot, 2bbs for BB to call and the pot odds offered to BB is 2: (2+4.5 = 6.5) or 31%, which is displayed as 2.2:1 when the "Pot odds as %" option in Live Tracking is unchecked. However when this option is checked, the percentage displayed in the Table HUD shows up as 45.5% instead of 31% equity.

I'm guessing the value of 45.5% is calculated by: amount BB has to call : total current potsize or 2:4.5 (44.4%) instead of 2:6.5, which shouldn't be the case as the actual pot odds are 2.2:1 or 31%. Is this a bug or do you guys have a specific reason for calculating the odds in % this way?

fozzy71
04-11-2014, 03:36 PM
This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is HM-6374: HUD Issue - Pot odds incorrect in live HUD, works ok in replayer