PDA

View Full Version : Tried to set up got weird error message

Jaydubs911
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
when setting up postgresSQL on the initialize datacluster page i get an error message that says: the specified data directory is not empty. then it says if i have a dtabas i don;t need to cluster, i have no idea what that means can someone tell me what to do this is my first time trying to install this (tried to install pt3 couldnt get it going thats why im here + i heard this is better than pt3)

fabio
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
you dont need to install postgresql again then, try logging in with user postgres and password dbpass

Jaydubs911
09-24-2008, 07:56 PM
okay so i exited the setup since i don't need to install postgress. then i tried to open HEM and put the passwords you as stated above and it says a coonection with posgrestSQL could not be made and then i said yes to try and start the service, then it says it cannot, i press OK and it says hold em manager has started the service. please try again. I am so confused???

fabio
09-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Sorry, my post was misleading. It seems that you have uninstalled PostgreSQL, so please delete the folder PostgreSQL in C:\Program Files and install it again