PDA

View Full Version : DB problems

supermad4it
01-25-2010, 07:45 AM
So HEM stopped importing some hands and i was told to make a new database, contact all my pokersites, get all my hands and re-import into new DB.

This was working fine for about a week, and now the DB is apparantly broken again and not importing all hands.

I'm using latest postgres 8.4 on windows 7

help plz?

netsrak
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Did your computer crash or sth. like that?
Any hardware problems, is your harddisk corrupt or full?

This should not happen under normal circumstances.

Please check the standard things and give us some more details:
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.10 final from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer the questions http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work

supermad4it
01-25-2010, 08:52 AM
no, is there no database repair tool or anything like that?

netsrak
01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
The only thing you can try is a reindex via pgadminIII->maintenance

supermad4it
01-25-2010, 02:15 PM
when I try to import files all I get are errors..the SQLerrors.txt is this error,over and over:

The Error: ERROR: 25P02: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

Occurred when running ExecuteNonQuery with this query: SAVEPOINT beforegame;

netsrak
01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
The database is damaged again.
I'm pretty sure you have a hardware problem with your computer

supermad4it
01-26-2010, 05:48 AM
ok so I created a new database for the 3rd time, imported my old hands again and everythings fine..went to bed and left it importing 5million hands. Woke up to find 5million errors. So I guess my 3rd database is now broken even though I have no obv hardware problems (pc didn't crash during the night)

Any idea where I start?

netsrak
01-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Reinstall postgresql
or reinstall your system

supermad4it
01-30-2010, 01:30 PM
uninstalled sql, reinstalled onto a new harddrive. Database is corrupt again.

The common theme here is that I have a 5,000,000 hand history file from PTR. Everytime I try to import it,I leave my computer on and the DB is always corrupt by the time its finished trying to import all the hands.

Any more ideas?

netsrak
01-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Assuming you are using 1.10.01?

Please zip and mail the hands with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net (i hope its not to big).

But i'm pretty sure your computer has a problem.

supermad4it
01-31-2010, 09:43 AM
The file is 360mb. I can't think of what hardware problem that isn't HDD related could cause postgres DB to keep breaking whilst everything else on the computer works 100%. Whats your thinking on this?

Am using latest hem and latest postgres. I will test the setup on an entirely different computer to be sure.

supermad4it
01-31-2010, 10:18 AM
double post sorry

fozzy71
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM

The common theme here is that I have a 5,000,000 hand history file from PTR. Everytime I try to import it,I leave my computer on and the DB is always corrupt by the time its finished trying to import all the hands.

Any more ideas?

What happens if you import only a few hundred thousand hands, and then do a full/vacuum/analyze, stop postgresql, defrag, reboot, etc? Are you able to import a few hundred thousand more hands or does it become corrupt again?

Are you using the latest version of postgresql? Try version 8.4.2.1

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator

net user postgres /delete
3) Reboot.
4) Use the EnterpriseDB installer for 8.4.2.1 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgresql_8.4.2.1.exe

supermad4it
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
its pretty hard to run lots of tests like what you said because it takes over 24 hours to import 5million hands.
I have only ever had problems with my DB after attempting to import these hands. I am running the very latest version of postgressql.

netsrak
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
The zip file is 360 MB? Can't believe that.

What about uploading it to a file hoster (megaupload, mediafire) and sending us the link?

supermad4it
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
ok I'll see what i can do

fozzy71
01-31-2010, 01:51 PM
its pretty hard to run lots of tests like what you said because it takes over 24 hours to import 5million hands.......

I suggested you do some testing with much smaller groups of hand histories. I would suggest just 100k - 500k hands. No point wasting 24 hours everytime to test and have it corrupt. See if it stays stable and connected, through a few restarts, before you import the other 4.5+mm hands. If/when you do import them all again, I still recommend you do it in smaller groups. This way you import over night and perform DB maintenance the next day. Then if you want to play poker you can. Then setup another batch of hands to import.

I searched a little and found this site. I have no experience with them yet, but it looks like it might be what you need.

http://www.slingfile.com/

supermad4it
02-01-2010, 06:16 AM
I will try splitting this download into smaller parts and importing today.

Up till now, I've justed used the import from folder option with all the hands in it.

I have uploaded the file to here:

http://www.filefront.com/15471621/order-5041-1261234254.rar/

Thanks

supermad4it
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
ok new information, I created a new DB (about my 6th) and was playing normally without trying to import the 5million hand file.
After about 20 minutes I got this:http://img203.imageshack.us/i/sqlproblem.jpg/

which I remember seeing happen all previous times.

So its nothing to do with that big file, its just apparantly a matter of time before this problem happens.

Does this help?

today I will set up a DB on another window 7 computer

netsrak
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I still think your computer has serious hardware problems - lets wait for the results on the other computer.

supermad4it
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Can you be more specifc about what hardware problems that could cause a DB to corrupt whilst leaving the rest of the system and all files working 100% (and it isn't HDD related), so that I can investigate?

netsrak
02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Ram, CPU, cooling, to be honest: nearly everything. If you run a hardware test program which uses lots of system ressources this should indicate the problems.

I think it only happens when your system is heavy loaded thats why you don't see any problems under normal conditions.

supermad4it
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I have about 5 computers on my LAN, and they all have HEM and are all connected to the 1 database...often they can be accessing the database simultaneously if I'm datamining or whatever. Are there any known HEM issues with this?

netsrak
02-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes sir, that will not work - i experienced it on my own and had a discussion with Roy about it. At the moment this is not stable.

supermad4it
02-02-2010, 09:49 AM
ok then I guess this is what the problem is, though I have had no problem with it over the last year until now.

Any advice or eta on a fix? Could it be windows 7 is making the matter worse?

netsrak
02-03-2010, 05:28 AM
We are working on better support for server databases but this is more of a long time work so i can give you no ETA.

I can't say whether Windows 7 makes it worse - as i think the problems occur under heavy load - for example 1 client importing hands the other one displaying multi table Hud.