PDA

View Full Version : Exporting hands - System out of memory

numeritos
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I want to export some hands but not all the database (that's why I'm not exporting hands from database management). After a few seconds a pop up appears with this error: "An error occurred. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown".

I have a brand new PC:
i7-2600K 3.4Ghz
Mushkin 120Gb Chronos Deluxe Sata3
16GB 1600Mhz RAM (yes, I installed Win7 64bits)

I tried using all the tips in the sticky thread (modifying the postgresql.conf file), doing the vacuum and reindexing. Nothing seems to work. I don't understand why HM only uses about 1.2GB of RAM when I try to export (that's about when the error occurs).

Any ideas?

netsrak
06-06-2012, 04:52 AM
You need to export the hands in smaller portions. We have no other solution for this.

numeritos
06-06-2012, 08:49 AM
You need to export the hands in smaller portions. We have no other solution for this.

Are you serious? I'm not talking about exporting 1M hands here... I tried to export around 120k hands! It can't even handle that?

Patvs
06-06-2012, 07:58 PM
The "export hand" feature ideally should only be used to export a single hand.
You can export an entire STT/MTT (100-1000 hands)... but any more than that is not something the PostgreSQL database structure can handle.

If you want to export 120k hands. Are these recent hands? For example "hands played in the last 3 months"? If so just copy the original handhistories from your archive folder.