PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting the installation key to put HEM on my second computer

MattSLY
01-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I thought I saved my registration key in a word file on either my flash drive or my external hard drive but when I searched each of them I found no key. How can I ascertain the registration key I received when I purchased my HEM so I can install HEM on my new computer?

fozzy71
01-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

If you have lost the code completely, please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.net.

srikpik
01-24-2010, 09:48 AM
hey all,

i currently have a similar problem. i moved out of the country so switch from my desktop (which i left behind) to a new laptop. the 14 day trial period just ended so i need to register with my actual code.

fozzy, can you tell me, is there a way to see what your code was other than looking in the help section of your HEM install? cuz for me, obviously, that one's miles and miles away :D
i mean, i must've received an email or something with a serial code right? i just can't recall exactly, and when i search through my email i do find the "confirmation of order" email, but not the one with the actual code.

thanks!

MattSLY
01-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

If you have lost the code completely, please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.net.

I got my HEM code from Help > Show Serial number. I registered the code. However I don't understand why I would need to reset the code, so I haven't done that yet.

Also, when I tried to log into the main HEM page (where you can download HEM and OM), I couldn't log in. I tried using the email password retrieval but I kept getting an error message. So I can't download HEM on the new computer yet. How can I fix this?

fozzy71
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
hey all,

i currently have a similar problem. i moved out of the country so switch from my desktop (which i left behind) to a new laptop. the 14 day trial period just ended so i need to register with my actual code.

fozzy, can you tell me, is there a way to see what your code was other than looking in the help section of your HEM install? cuz for me, obviously, that one's miles and miles away :D
i mean, i must've received an email or something with a serial code right? i just can't recall exactly, and when i search through my email i do find the "confirmation of order" email, but not the one with the actual code.

thanks!

You would have received an email from sales@holdemmanager.net with the code. If you cant find the original code Please email your details to sales@holdemmanager.net.

I got my HEM code from Help > Show Serial number. I registered the code. However I don't understand why I would need to reset the code, so I haven't done that yet.

You need to reset it if/when you buy a replacement PC and need to use the code for PC1 again.

Also, when I tried to log into the main HEM page (where you can download HEM and OM), I couldn't log in. I tried using the email password retrieval but I kept getting an error message.

The login/password is not universal. Right now you would have a login/pass for these forums, the registration site, and our new holdemmanager.com site. Eventually we will be integrating all 3 of your logins into a single login ID, but that will require new forum software at the very least.

So I can't download HEM on the new computer yet. How can I fix this?

You dont need to login to the .com site to download. Anyone can download the software. The login at the new .com site is for any future purchases tracking. We are working on a way to integrate all of our old customer purchases into the new site, but once again, this is a very in-depth process to try and solve.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php

MattSLY
01-24-2010, 02:01 PM
You need to reset it if/when you buy a replacement PC and need to use the code for PC1 again.

I don't think I understand 100%. I have two PCs now. The older one which has HEM already installed on it. And now I have a second computer which I want to install HEM on.

1. If I want to keep HEM on both computers for now, can I just use the same code I used for the older computer?

2. Also, what happens if in the future I want to not have HEM on the old computer and instead, I would like it only on the new computer and maybe a laptop that I will purchase in the future? Would I be able to reset the code then so that I can make that change?

MattSLY
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
When I try to enter my serial code, I am able to enter the capital letter O (not zero) at one point earlier in the key, but for some reason I can't enter it at a later point in the key even though it is necessary to complete the registration. How do I fix this?

netsrak
01-24-2010, 03:48 PM
You can reset your code whenever you need with the link Fozzy posted.

I don't understand what your last post means, can you add a screenshot please?

MattSLY
01-24-2010, 06:34 PM
When I try to enter my serial code, I am able to enter the capital letter O (not zero) at one point earlier in the key, but for some reason I can't enter it at a later point in the key even though it is necessary to complete the registration. How do I fix this?

In the following box, in the spot for the serial number, I couldn't enter the O character midway through the serial code (however I could enter it once at the beginning of the code (it occurs twice in my serial code)).

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp328/nawledge4pwr/HEMregistration.png

fozzy71
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think I understand 100%. I have two PCs now. The older one which has HEM already installed on it. And now I have a second computer which I want to install HEM on.

1. If I want to keep HEM on both computers for now, can I just use the same code I used for the older computer?

You can use the same code for 2 of your own PC's, just choose the PC#2 slot when registering.

Copy/Paste the code from the email into HM. Click+Hold and drag over the code to highlight it > Ctrl+C to copy the code > Ctrl+V to paste it into the registration window

MattSLY
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Okay, I got HEM set up on the second computer as PC1 using the online registry to change the serial code. But I have two things to mention about this.

1. The code looked like it was changed on the registry website, but when I got back to the serial code input area (for registration), my old code was instantly placed in the serial code area. I don't know if thats okay or not, but I did manage to get HEM up and running this way.

2. For some reason, after starting up my computer for the first time today, it looks like postgres has somehow become a user on my computer. IOW, at that first screen you see after starting your computer (the screen where you put your password in so that you can access windows), postgres is listed as a user on my Windows 7 computer. Is this normal on a windows 7 computer? (BTW just before the log on screen was shown it looked like there was some updating going on to my registry or something. Also, I updated windows last night when I turned off my computer. (I'm not sure if this has anything to do with postgres being a user.))

netsrak
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
This is a problem of the postgresql installation under windows 7.

Please see this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=111416
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21502

ppplll
05-03-2010, 02:22 PM
You can use the same code for 2 of your own PC's, just choose the PC#2 slot when registering.

sorry, but where is this slot?

netsrak
05-04-2010, 03:42 AM
When you start HM on the 2nd PC and choose activate your license is checked and a new window opens asking for the configuration (slot) PC(1) or PC(2). Choose PC(2) there.

jimmike85
05-05-2010, 06:23 PM
netsrak I've choosen the Pc(1) slot by my mistake.. But I want to use it on 2 computers, is there any way to change it to pc2 slot? thx

morny
05-05-2010, 07:17 PM
See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/26/Registration+Benefits) on how to reset your code and then you can choose whichever one you want