PDA

View Full Version : Filter by Action

Suerte
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I found this explanation of the "filter by actions" tab on the FAQ.

For example say we want to compare 3 situations where we bet and got raised. Then we want to narrow it down again to situations where 1) we bet, got raise and folded and 2) Bet got raised and called and 3) Bet got raised and raised (3bet/push)

This is how i would use the Filter By Action TAB to filter them 3 situations.
1) Bet Raise Fold
2) Bet Raise Call
3) Bet Raise Raise

-----END FAQ

When I use this filter, it does not come out the way described. In order to get option 3, I must only select "Bet Raise"... not "Bet Raise Raise". I am doing analysis on when I raise preflop, then bet flop, get raised on flop by villain, then I reraise on flop. It looks like that would be considered option 3 by this FAQ explanation, but I cannot get it to work right.

TY in advance for your time :)

morny
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
These cover our actions not the villains so Bet Raise is where we bet and get raised and then we re-raise. Not too many hands get to Bet Raise Raise because this would need to happen:

Lets take a $200 game, i bet $18 on the flop, villain raises to $54, i raise to $104 then he either has to push or fold which wont give the option for me to bet raise raise so there would really need for there to be bet, min raise and a min re raise which is unlikely

Suerte
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks morny! Does that mean this part of the FAQ is mistaken? I am just making sure I am not missing anything.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=123

I am not at all complaining, but if it is wrong, others might end up pulling their hair out like I did trying to figure it out :)

morny
09-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Sorry i didnt realise that was a copy and paste from the FAQ i thought that was your interpretation. You were right that it was incorrect and ive update it now, thanks