PDA

View Full Version : Weird behavior in my fresh new HEM installation

olinsha
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi,

I just formatted my computer and I reinstalled the lattest version of HEM (1.10 official release). I installed the complete package : postgres 8.4 and HEM 1.10).

I observe a strange behavior in my manager :

I play on Ongame network. The loading of the hands seems to be ok as in both window : Table Manager and the HUD, all the hands I play are taken into account.
But the weird fact is that in the manager itself it forget hands : at least 10% of the hands I play are not display in the manager (whatever the view I choose is).

May you help me to solve that issue please ?

Regards

netsrak
01-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Probably your Ongame Handhistory file is too big. You should close the ongame client and move it to a different folder, then try to import it again via import file or import from folder.

After this is successful and you play again the Ongame client should create a new empty file from which the import should work better.

olinsha
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello,

thank you for your answer but I think that the issue is different : I tried to play on Entraction for a couple of hands and I have the exact same issue : hands are correctly taken into account in the HUD and in the Table manager (I played 97 hands exactly and this is the number that is also displayed on both windows). But in the manager it just counts 68 hands. I don't understand how it can be possible as I suppose that every windo and the manager take their data from the same place in the DB.

Regards

fozzy71
01-23-2010, 02:57 PM
How are you filtering? For 'Today'? Or are you looking on the Sessions tab> Is it grouped by Sessions or By Table?

What time zone do you leave in? What is the time difference with your poker client's hand histories? Do you use the Options > Miscellaneous Options > Set Day Starts At option or the Options > Adjust Site Import Times?

olinsha
01-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello,

yes I filter on Today and I have set the days start time to 6am so I don't think it can have impact (before I formatted my computer yesterday I had same settings and it worked well). I live in GMT + 1 time zone and I play on Goalwin and Bestone poker which is GMT and GMT - 6 but it can not interfere.

I am wondering if there is an issue with postgres 8.4 or something because I don't understand the issue. Do I have to reinstall both postgres and HEM perhaps ?

Regards

olinsha
01-23-2010, 08:06 PM
New update : I looked in my hand history folder for my Entraction room. There are a couple of files still there (but I have set HEM to move the files once they are loaded and those files were not moved by HEM)
I tried to import those hands but if failed.

So some of my Entraction hand files were correctly imported during my session and others didn't.

I am totally stuck with this issue.

Regards

fozzy71
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello,

yes I filter on Today and I have set the days start time to 6am so I don't think it can have impact (before I formatted my computer yesterday I had same settings and it worked well). I live in GMT + 1 time zone and I play on Goalwin and Bestone poker which is GMT and GMT - 6 but it can not interfere.
:confused:

This can be causing the problem you are experiencing if you are not using the Options > Adjust Site Import Times

I am wondering if there is an issue with postgres 8.4 or something because I don't understand the issue. Do I have to reinstall both postgres and HEM perhaps ?

Regards

You shouldn't have to reinstall either. Worst case you might need to try a another new DB, but I doubt that is even necessary.

New update : I looked in my hand history folder for my Entraction room. There are a couple of files still there (but I have set HEM to move the files once they are loaded and those files were not moved by HEM)

This is not uncommon. The archive time is 15 minutes so if you quit HM before you close your poker client, and it has only been a few minutes, the hands will not get moved by HM. They will get archived the next time you auto import.

I tried to import those hands but if failed.

If you are trying to import files that have already been imported, you have to trick HM by copying them to a new folder.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

So some of my Entraction hand files were correctly imported during my session and others didn't.

Try a new DB:

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

If you still have problems Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.net

olinsha
01-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Hello,

thank you for taking the time to try to help me.
My new update on my issue :

the last thing I have tried is to create a new db and I tried to import my played hands of yesterday in it. It worked fine for all of them.
So now I am currently importing all the hands I have exported from my previous db. It is a huge volume and it will take time.
So once it is finished I will be able to tell you if the issue is fixed in this new db or not.

But even if the massive import is not yet finished I already have some sql issues :

The Error: ERREUR: 42703: la colonne « minuteadjustment » de la relation « pokersites » n'existe pas

Occurred when running ExecuteNonQuery with this query: ALTER TABLE PokerSites DROP COLUMN minuteadjustment

The Error: ERREUR: 42704: l'index « compiledresults_month_idx1 » n'existe pas

Occurred when running ExecuteNonQuery with this query: DROP INDEX compiledresults_month_idx1

Sorry for the french sql messages. It says that "column minuteadjustment of the pokersites relation does not exist" and same thing for compiledresults_month_id1 index.

I don't know if those sql issues could be an explanation for the main issue I have.

I will be able to tell you more once my massive import is over. But one thing is sure : without re-importing my hands from my previous db, my new hands are successfully imported.

PS : the last link you gave me : http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=20754 is dead. DO you have a new one to provide me with ?

Regards

netsrak
01-24-2010, 07:11 AM
This is the link: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20754

Do i understand you right - you get the above errors in your new database?
That should not happen. How did you create this database?

olinsha
01-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Hello,

yes I had those issues in the SQLErrors.txt when I was importing all the hands of my previous db (it was a Postgres 8.3 DB) in the new one (which is 8.4).
I created the DB as explained in the FAQ : Options > Administrate DB and there I just created a new DB in UTF as described in the FAQ and I assigned it to default DB.

My massive import is completed now so I will try to play a couple of hands and see if it is now correctly imported in the Manager or not. I'll be back soon.

Regards