PDA

View Full Version : big pot vs small pot video thoughts

MASTERHOLMES
01-23-2010, 06:39 AM
ok I sat there and watched this and listened to it.
as i mentioned it was 40 minutes and as you watched this video you realize it isn't what you think it will be on.

perhaps i compare it to big bet , vs small bet poker which is almost the same.. but not quite.
in big bet poker you are raising 4 to 5 times the bb, and and betting out pot.
in small bet poker you are raising 3 bb, and betting out half pot aka small ball.

but the concepts in this video are differnt from that.
instead it was about how limping can lead to big pots , and how raising can lead to small pots, kind of an unique take on it (which the author of the video even says it is ).

now since the leak in leak buster likes to see a good preflop raise to vpip ratio that is high.. it would be a leak therefore to try to flop these big pot hands with limps.

which the author of the video also says that as a defult people start raising suited connectors etc towards the end of the video defeating the purpose of these hands which is to flop big pots with 2 people putting money into the pot.

i am not sure in the six max table how i should apply this as the leakbuster likes to see a good pfr rate, and to limp to many hands.

i therefore have to find a blend of how to incorpate these elements into the six max game without giving into low pfr, and high vpip.

how big of a leak is it to a standard 3 bb raise from the hijack, cut off in hopes of getting a multiway pot. ? with the big pot hands mentioned here.

if you limp in early, middle, or cut off position you are certain to be raised so trying to do a big pot limp strategy will end up with a bigger pot then we intended due to raise. and it is a further leak to limp fold.
so if we got suited nine/ten, suited ace 5 suited, from these positions do we do our own 3 bb raise to cut down the on the limp call reraise.

a further leak might to be limp behind a limper in six max for someone from the button, small blind or big blind can be expected a great deal of time to raise pot , and if the original limper calls, and there is a limper behind us,, do we call with our speculative 89 suited which could be domianted by queen jack if we get our straight.

in the six max game I dont' think there is any choice but to call with the bigpot hands raises or raise to mask these hands so they can be deceptive.

perhaps it is the cost of the six max game that in order for to have big pot hands like we get in the full ring where the video says is kinder to limpers. ,
we have to put more into the pot preflop.

that is given me a lot to think about and perhaps i dont' understand all of it , as much of it isnt' necessarily agreed with by step two of leakbuster?

Ajax
01-23-2010, 07:16 AM
I have a question about this video too. I watched it a while ago, but now I cannot find it. Has the location of the video moved? Also, could we get a central area that has all video and written content as well, so that if they are moved, we can always still find them? The central location could have some notes under each item that indicate where in Leak Buster the content is most related (i.e., a list of the areas where the video was originally, and is still, located before the central location was created).

Leak Buster Support
01-23-2010, 04:36 PM
There is a bug that if you have a leak AND there are filters for that leak, it's not always showing the video content. This is being fixed.

MASTERHOLMES
01-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I was kind of hoping you could help me understand how to apply the video more. (i didn't have internet yesterday to post a reply ).

is it more about if i got a big pot hand (as defined by the video) that i should be limping from the cut off/button to overlimp perhaps.

Leak Buster Support
01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I was kind of hoping you could help me understand how to apply the video more. (i didn't have internet yesterday to post a reply ).

is it more about if i got a big pot hand (as defined by the video) that i should be limping from the cut off/button to overlimp perhaps.

Sometimes yes. You should consider who is in the blinds as well. If you have a fish in one of the blinds, or a bad exploitable regular then you should consider over limping with a big pot hand. Unless of course you believe the fish will also call raises out of position.

If the limper in front of you will likely fold to a raise, you are better off to limp and keep them in the point w/ position instead of isolating them. If they will limp / call though, then isolating is fine (if the above other factors don't apply).

The main point being doing mindlessly isolate. This happens so much in today's game, and there's missed opportunities this way.