PDA

View Full Version : Beta 1.10; I lost my HUD settings

Tunnelv1sie
01-23-2010, 05:02 AM
I installed beta 1.10 this morning. And now I've started playing and found out that my HUD settings have been reset so now I have to make a new HUD interface. Is there a way to get my old interface back ? :( Making my last one took about n hour :P

Oh and I've gotta say that I really love the new layout and the look of the site, keep it up :D

netsrak
01-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Only the positions of the Stats on the Hud should get lost. You need to rearrange them.

Tunnelv1sie
01-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah i lost them too :O

LordMA
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Lost mine too....i even cant change my prefered seat options now....it saved my options, but nothing is changing....

thats really annoying :mad:

updated from the last BETA to 1.10.01

edit: downgrading to 1.10 didnt help...

uff - that sucks

reinstalled it and solved the pref seat problem....HUD options still not here....im sitting on new ones...

fozzy71
01-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Can you please confirm the name of the file you downloaded? Was it HMBetaUpdate.exe or HMUpdate.exe? I hope it wasn't Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe, was it?

Can you look in your \config folder and tell me all the names of your XML files in that folder?

LordMA
01-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Can you please confirm the name of the file you downloaded? Was it HMBetaUpdate.exe or HMUpdate.exe? I hope it wasn't Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe, was it?

Can you look in your \config folder and tell me all the names of your XML files in that folder?

i downloaded the normal-update file from the mainpage - not the beta.

the *.xml names are:

prefs.xml
StatRanges.xml

LHEM100
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
I updated to the .10 final and lost all my HUD settings as well. The HUD display is actually correct and shows in the right locations but when I go to look at the HUD configurations popup it is empty and there are not saved configs anymore! Argh. What now? Does this happen everytime you update?

netsrak
02-01-2010, 07:01 AM
This usually does not happen. Did you install the full version to a different folder?
Which file version did you install?

LHEM100
02-01-2010, 07:35 AM
I grabbed the main update.exe from the release link. The final version not the beta. Also another problem I am seeing is that it is ignoring the sample size option for displaying HUD data now. I set it back to 50 but it still shows data when less than 50 hands. Something is wrong with this update! The other strange thing is that all my hud panel positions are correct! How can they be correct when there are no configs anymore?!

netsrak
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
For me it sounds like you installed the update to a wrong folder. The only thing that needs to be reconfigured after this update are usually the Hud positions.
Please check your computer for a 2nd holdemmanager installation

Mase31683
02-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I hope it wasn't Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe, was it?

I'm having all these problems, checked my dl, and sure enough, "Setup.exe", sweet.

LHEM100
02-02-2010, 01:56 AM
For me it sounds like you installed the update to a wrong folder. The only thing that needs to be reconfigured after this update are usually the Hud positions.

Since the HUD positions are fine(!) but not any config files, how can that be? Seems like it should be getting the position for the HUD elements from somewhere?

netsrak
02-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Which operating system?

LHEM100
02-03-2010, 05:13 AM
Windows XP SP 3 with all the latest patches.

netsrak
02-03-2010, 11:18 AM
I have no idea what happened with your installation, hopefully its just a onetime problem.

schaffem111
02-03-2010, 02:00 PM
So if we screwed up and used "setup" instead of the patch we're completely screwed and have to start over from scratch?

PLEASE identify these more clearly in the future!

LHEM100
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm having all these problems, checked my dl, and sure enough, "Setup.exe", sweet.

So what happens if we used this setup.exe? Does that mean all of our HUD info is now lost?

MegaDisgruntled
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
The prefetch for FTP is not working after the update.

netsrak
02-04-2010, 04:01 AM
So what happens if we used this setup.exe? Does that mean all of our HUD info is now lost?

If you have no backup you have to reconfigure your Hud - sorry for that.

The prefetch for FTP is not working after the update.
We are already aware of it

jschell
02-04-2010, 06:30 AM
I just lost all of my HUD setup installing 1.10.02b. Very annoying :(

netsrak
02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Did you install the update or the full version?

Pupp3tMast3r
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Thanks for this post. That's exactly what I did today and this was a quick fix -- I just reinstalled the update in the correct directory.

jschell
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Did you install the update or the full version?
I installed from this link http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup(b).exe, which is the link for the beta. As far as I could tell, the update link would only take me to 1.10.02, not 1.10.02b.

fozzy71
02-05-2010, 02:30 AM
I installed from this link http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup(b).exe, which is the link for the beta.

That is a 60mb setup file (full installer, not an update). We currently do not have a beta version public, so the beta installer is the same as the release version installer. These are for fresh installs and include postgresql. If you install again it can and will (although we are trying to fix this behavior) overwrite your settings and HUDs. if you fail to uncheck the postgresql option, it could possibly install a new DB and disconnect your old DB. We are obviously trying to resolve the latter issue.

We also have 2 update files most of the time. HMUpdate which updates to the current/stable release version and HMBetaUpdate that installs the latest beta (if there is one). These 2 files are also currently the same.

As far as I could tell, the update link would only take me to 1.10.02, not 1.10.02b.

Once again, there is only 1.10.02 currently. The beta version with Rush HUD support was not released. When it does, and if it releases as an actual 'beta' you will want to download and install the HMBetaUpdate to get the latest beta version. If you were installing for the first time to a new PC you would have the option to install our stable release or the beta release.

LHEM100
02-05-2010, 03:19 AM
That is a 60mb setup file (full installer, not an update). We currently do not have a beta version public, so the beta installer is the same as the release version installer. These are for fresh installs and include postgresql. If you install again it can and will (although we are trying to fix this behavior) overwrite your settings and HUDs. if you fail to uncheck the postgresql option, it could possibly install a new DB and disconnect your old DB. We are obviously trying to resolve the latter issue.

So for those of us that did this, what is the way to recover to make sure we don't hae two DBs and other issues? FWIW my stats and info all appear fine, and reports work well. I only seem to have three problems:

1) HUD options not respecting the min sample size. I set it to 50 but it still shows data for those with even 5 hands

2) Configs all gone. I assume no way to recover?

3) No way to specify a HUD config "Use For" for a 4 Max table on AP since there are no check boxes for 4 handed.