PDA

View Full Version : Error with the Player List

aaahshoveit
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi there for no apparent reason today upon opening HEM an error msg saying 'An error occured when retrieving the player list: ERROR: 58P01: could not access status of transaction 4161667072'.
In the PLAYERS tab it says (0) as though all the players have disappeared.
I've already updated to 1.10 Beta 8b. Any idea on what I can do?
Thanks

Patvs
01-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Try creating a NEW database and reimport some handhistories

aaahshoveit
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi there I'm using Vista 32 and AVG Internet security with the AVG firewall.
I did everything you requested but couldn't get that Database working again so I exported the hands into a new DB which seems to work though unfortuantely I've lost all my notes as the file I exported from the old DB doesn't seem to include anything when I import it to the new one.
I imagine it's an issue tied in with the whole missing players issue.
Also, this was done after I downgraded back to HEM 1.09 BETA 36b as the latest version was giving me trouble. The new DB may continue to work if I update to the latest HEM beta now but I don't want to risk it after it's taken 2 days to to import my old hands. I'll wait for the next update.
Thanks for your help anyhow

fozzy71
01-26-2010, 10:35 PM
The notes are stored within the postgresql database. I recommend you export them periodically from the Options > Notes menu and back them up, along with any other important HM files.