PDA

View Full Version : migrating to HEM from PT

Pickleman
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi there,

I'm having trouble installing HEM after previously having used PT.

The problem is that I can't register PostreSQL

I’ve tried uninstalling the previous PostreSQL program, renaming the program directory (to make sure it’s not the new PostgreSQL isn't taking data from an old directory) and reinstalling, but it’s not working.

Is it something to do with reg keys or something? Need to completely wipe and start again, but don’t really know how. When I get to this stage where HEM asks me to connect with the database it definitely goes wrong (it says it can't start HEM, then that it's started HEM and nothing happens.)

fozzy71
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
It's because you haven't deleted the postgres user account. This is something you need to do via the Command Prompt window, or you can just use our new installer which does that for you when installing. You could have just connected HM to your existing postgresql installation, but since you have already uninstalled, please reinstall PostgreSQL using these steps - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

Pickleman
01-21-2010, 06:54 AM
OK, ininstalled Postre (but not HM) and didn't remove any user accounts in dos, but tried to use the new installer.

It said:

try pass: postgres
try pass: postgrespass
connection to database failed: --> could not connect to server: Connection refused (....
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connection on port 5432?
<-error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1

Pickleman
01-21-2010, 07:03 AM
OK, so now I tried to do a clean reinstall after uninstalling HM and starting again. Even though I have UAC turned off (Vista business), it says "The system administrator won't allow this installation" and then something to do with microsoft VC++

is this not gonna happen . . .?

netsrak
01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Please give us the detailled error message (screenshot?)

Pickleman
01-21-2010, 01:29 PM
My previous two mails were virtually verbatim what it said. Unf couldn't cut paste screen shot into your forum. Btw can hm track Omaha hands from unibet? If not there is no point - just found out that pto doesn't so maybe hm neither

fozzy71
01-21-2010, 02:24 PM
OK, so now I tried to do a clean reinstall after uninstalling HM and starting again. Even though I have UAC turned off (Vista business), it says "The system administrator won't allow this installation" and then something to do with microsoft VC++

is this not gonna happen . . .?

Turn on UAC, reboot.

1) Use www.revouninstaller.com to uninstall postgresql.

2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

3) reboot

4) Install this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

My previous two mails were virtually verbatim what it said. Unf couldn't cut paste screen shot into your forum. Btw can hm track Omaha hands from unibet? If not there is no point - just found out that pto doesn't so maybe hm neither

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Gig
01-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Hi there,

I'm having trouble installing HEM after previously having used PT.

FWIW changing to hem will be one of your best poker decisions.

When i bought HEM, i did not delete pt3 or the SQL-stuff (because of the "hit set or better report"). When i play i have only HEM active, ldo, but there was never a problem with them sharing postgresql.